Profile for A "crap"Golfer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Indian Summer: The Secret History of the End of an Empire
Indian Summer: The Secret History of the End of an Empire

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I had expected!, 4 July 2015
I thought that this book would be the basis for the TV programme Indian Summer recently shown. In case anyone else thinks like me ....IT IS NOT! This is a history crammer which reminded me of being back at school. Not at all an enjoyable book for me and really a complete waste of money. For readers you want to be involved in the minutiae (literally) of how Britain's rule came to an end, I'm sure it's fine; just not my kind of book.

Sing to Silent Stones
Sing to Silent Stones

3.0 out of 5 stars This had the potential to be a great book. Indeed it was for probably half to ..., 14 Jun. 2015
This had the potential to be a great book. Indeed it was for probably half to threequartes. There it should have been ended with the reader looking for more. Instead the author fell into the trap of continuing with a good thing...or so he thought! Me as the reader thought "when is this book (never mind story) ever going to end because by that stage it had become oh so transparent that the writer wanted to wrap things up so neatly so that there would be a tidy and heartwarming end. Instead the book which had promised so much was spoiled...in my opinion. Don't let that put you off buying the book; for the early part and for description of early battle scenes it was excellent if a bit twee in some of the language used between Vivian and her Daddy, but again that's because I'm a Scot and we don't talk that way up here...maybe in The Home Counties? It is a long read!

TIGI Bed Head For Men Matte Separation Workable Wax 75g
TIGI Bed Head For Men Matte Separation Workable Wax 75g
Offered by HAIR ANGELS

4.0 out of 5 stars Less is More...but good!, 27 May 2015
I have fine hair and unless something gets plastered on it it's all over the place. Having read about this stuff I thought I would try it. I only wash my hair once per week...maybe twice on occasions and always at night before I go to bed. This is what works for me. Wash hair with Matrix "so silver" and damp dry hair, put a touch of Argan oil of morroco shampoo onto finger tips and rub into hair then style it. The following day and most days I dampen my hair and rub my finger tips over Tigi Bed Head and smooth into hair (backwards)...I might do this twice. You don't want to do it too much because it can set like cement! The answer for an older guy like me is...Less is More...and it's good and I recommend it! And ...your hair does not look plastered!

Twelve Years a Slave
Twelve Years a Slave

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Story., 20 Feb. 2015
Read it after the film came out which I did not see. I don't know what I expected. Although interesting I could not give more than 3 stars.

The Firm
The Firm

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff., 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Firm (Kindle Edition)
Hadn't read a Grisham book before and thoroughly enjoyed it. Leagle eagle stuff.

A Time To Kill (Jake Brigance Book 1)
A Time To Kill (Jake Brigance Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Court Room Drama, 20 Feb. 2015
Unfortunately I read Book 2 before I even knew about Book 1. No matter. I was familiar with the characters and enjoyed the book. However, even after just 2 of Grisham's books I detect the same formula at work and I will not be rushing to read a third...at least for the time being, 'cos even after 2 it gets a bit boring!?

The Photographer's Wife
The Photographer's Wife

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it...Enjoy it!, 20 Feb. 2015
This was a wonderful book of family life. Just remember that all families are different and nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors! Well written and easily understandable it held my attention from beginning to end. I had not come across that style of writing before where a period of 60 years or so were fascinately interwoven from one paragraph to the next causing you to wonder for a while where all of this was going. The characters and the contexts were completely believable. An altogether completely different whodunnit! I thoroughly recommend this book.

This Boy
This Boy

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book...just goes to show that you need not go to Eton to reach the summit!, 16 Feb. 2015
This review is from: This Boy (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. What made it even more interesting was that Alan Johnson was a lecturer on a trade union course I once was on at St Andrews University. I have followed his career and agree with the sentiment that he is the best prime minister that Labour never had. As I write this...it would be (to my mind) radically different in the run up to the forthcoming election if this man was at the head instead of Milliband!

Pedigree DentaStix Dog Chews Medium Dog (Pack of 10, Total 70 Sticks)
Pedigree DentaStix Dog Chews Medium Dog (Pack of 10, Total 70 Sticks)

3.0 out of 5 stars Supplier excellent and product as advertised, 16 Feb. 2015
Delivered promptly at a good price...but I wonder how healthy these things really are. I just give my shelties about an inch each a day.

STABILicers LITE (M) BLACK UK 6-9 EU 40-43 Icegrippers
STABILicers LITE (M) BLACK UK 6-9 EU 40-43 Icegrippers
Offered by Japan high-quality shop-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've had ...by some distance!, 16 Feb. 2015
Excellent product and supplier.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10