Profile for A "crap"Golfer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Wahl Pet Nail Grinder - Blue
Wahl Pet Nail Grinder - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it!, 5 Sep 2014
Was a bit nervous about this but I have to say it is excellent. The amount of times I have had blood spotting all over the carpets. Shouldn't happen any more! It's a lot quieter than I expected...and the dogs are not bothered by it...which is an added bonus.

The Book Thief
The Book Thief

4.0 out of 5 stars A bittie different..., 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Book Thief (Kindle Edition)
Not as good as I thought it was going to be from the reviews. It started off great, very unusual but the pace and the unusualness dropped away. Nevertheless I enjoyed the historical context of the book. We don't hear too often about the terrible suffering that the German people went through during the last world war and the bullying of people into Nazi adherence.The Jewish situation seen from different angle. I cried near the end but not sure if the text was believable (when she spotted her Jewish friend being marched through the town and tried to "help him" which of course was utterly impossible). Was ok (sounds so trite when you consider the subject matter!)

Acctim Sweeper Silver Light & Snooze Alarm Clock
Acctim Sweeper Silver Light & Snooze Alarm Clock
Offered by HARTS

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a really excellent clock!, 2 Jun 2014
I read that it was a bit big but didn't bother to get the measuring tape out! If I had I might not have ordered it. That would have been a big mistake. Without question the best bedside clock we have ever had. It is absolutely silent, has easily readable letters, has hint of green glow in the dark...and I haven't tried anything else. For our 73 year old eyes...perfect!.....size matters...and this clock is just right!

Groomers Baby Fresh Fragrance Spray 250ml
Groomers Baby Fresh Fragrance Spray 250ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems nice!, 2 Jun 2014
I wouldn't rave about this. It has a nice enough perfume and I give my dogs a very occasional quick spray of it. Can't remember how much it cost but I would not pay a lot for it! It's a small bottle and will not go far!

HTC One Case Pink Silicone Gel Cover
HTC One Case Pink Silicone Gel Cover
Offered by Yousave Accessories

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 2 Jun 2014
This is for my wife's phone. She says she doesn't like it but I can't see why! It does the job, is not fussy and has a cheery colour. What more could you want?

Kent Hand Made Beard and Moustache Comb (81T)
Kent Hand Made Beard and Moustache Comb (81T)
Offered by CPO Trading

3.0 out of 5 stars I really don't rate this!, 2 Jun 2014
A well made product as all Kent combs are but you are just as well using your hair comb for your beard. I have lost mine (it is tiny) and didn't use it anyway after a couple of shots. A waste of money although it does not cost a lot.

Groomers Oatmeal and Honey Shampoo 500ml
Groomers Oatmeal and Honey Shampoo 500ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems a good shampoo, 2 Jun 2014
Seems a good quality shampoo..nice lather and no overpowering smell. I only use it for the rear end of my shelties 'cos they are groomed religiously using a spray I make up myself ( recipe given to me over 40 years ago by the then president of the Scottish Shetland Club)...been using this technique for 45 years now.

Magic Eye Visionlink NEW Digital for sky small Infra Red Sensor ideal for lcd and flatscreen tv's (INSTRUCTIONS ON SETTING UP YOUR MAGIC EYE + Free F Plug)
Offered by 1-2-1

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked!, 2 Jun 2014
What more can I say. My previous one went kaput...but the main problem was that the relay unit in my loft had packed in (a new one was needed). Had to call a TV engineer who discovered all this and fixed it at modest cost. He reckoned it probably was the effect of a lightning strike that had caused the problem. Anyway all good now!

Mens Champion Striped Night Shirt * Nightshirt - 100% Brushed Cotton (Dark or Light Blue)
Offered by Value Heaven

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems OK, 2 Jun 2014
Have tried it on but not for sleeping yet. I have machine washed it, tumble dried it and gone over it with a stick roller. Absolute loads of fluff has come off. I'm sure there's plenty more to come. On the positive side it seems really good quality and I'm sure i am going to like it...already have 2 from Peter Christian, one of which has ripped up the side . This one seems of better quality material but time will tell.

Andrew James Ice Cream, Sorbet and Frozen Yoghurt Maker Machine 1.45 Litre + 128 Page Recipe Book - As voted "Best Buy" Ice Cream Maker By Which Magazine
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 13 April 2014
As advertised and good value. I have only had one attempt so far at making ice cream...but through not concentrating properly I put whole eggs into my vanilla recipe. As you would suspect it didn't mix properly...and was far too thin. Not daunted I put it in the fridge whereupon you would have needed a hammer to crack it. We did eat some though and despite everything it had a lovely taste. Will get it right next time...won't be so smart..and will try to read and understand things properly. There's always a first time!.....isnt there?!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7