Profile for Michael Robertson > Reviews

Content by Michael Robertson

Michael Robertson (Woking, Surrey United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Light My Fire
Light My Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars Elias - Superb as Usual, 9 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Light My Fire (Audio CD)
Eliane Elias easily meets the criteria for subtle vocals, superb piano playing and choice of tracks. Good dinner music, background in the car or just for 'dipping into' whenever the fancy takes you. I met a chap in the 'plane on the way to Cyprus and we had a discussion regarding who might be the better of either Krall or Elias. We both reckoned Elias - and we both have all their albums! 'Light My Fire' is a musical tonic after a hard day wherever you are......

Cincasa Menorca Fornells Ladies Slipper / Womens Slippers (6 UK) (Pewter)
Cincasa Menorca Fornells Ladies Slipper / Womens Slippers (6 UK) (Pewter)
Offered by Charnwood Safety Footwear & Workwear

5.0 out of 5 stars Ordered Another Pair, 9 Mar. 2015
My wife is totally pleased with her purchase. She'd previously ordered/received the identical slipper from the same supplier, but wanted a second pair for regular use elsewhere. We'd lost the original receipt, but after much searching (she was determined to get the same), she's now got 'her' slippers again. Good, prompt service. Thanks again.

60W 1 - Light Tiffany Glass Pendent Light with Sunflower Pattern
60W 1 - Light Tiffany Glass Pendent Light with Sunflower Pattern

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks like the shade I am looking for, 9 Jan. 2015
Looks like the shade I am looking for. However, I can't do anything until I know the diameter. Is it 30cms or 40cms?

Simply English: An A-Z of Avoidable Errors
Simply English: An A-Z of Avoidable Errors
by Simon Heffer

4.0 out of 5 stars it is comprehensive and a good, worthwhile read - particularly if, 26 Sept. 2014
Heffer's lectures contain humour. This is somewhat lacking in the book. Also, some basic English grammar revision is needed in order to get the most from the book. That said, it is comprehensive and a good, worthwhile read - particularly if, like me, you get satisfaction from shouting at the radio or television when presenters make the most simple mistakes!

Jamie's 15-Minute Meals
Jamie's 15-Minute Meals
by Jamie Oliver

4.0 out of 5 stars Jamie's 15-Minute Meals. ', 12 Jun. 2014
Great meals, but it takes a heck of lot longer to prepare all the ingredients before you put them all together and start to cook.
OK for Jamie in the TV studio, but not for me.

Duronic Black 5m CAT6a FTP Professional Gold Headed Shielded Network Cable - Black - High Speed 500MHz Premium Quality Cat6a / Patch / Ethernet / Modem / Router / LAN
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Duronic 5m Gold Headed Network Cable, 12 Jun. 2014
Lovely cable to handle and use. The low price for this item renders it a bargain. Have gone back to the same supplier as a result.
Thoroughly recommended.

Bossa Nova Stories
Bossa Nova Stories
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Bossa Nova Stories - Eliane Elias - Fantastic!, 12 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Bossa Nova Stories (Audio CD)
Came across Eliane by accident. Fantastic and, to my mind, totally out-shines Ms. Krall. Was flying back from Cyprus and the guy (a total stranger) next to me totally agreed. Now bought several more of her albums. Exciting. Buy them.

Davis Vantage Vue Weather Station - Black
Davis Vantage Vue Weather Station - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Davis Vantage Vue Waether Station - It's a Storm!, 12 Jun. 2014
My wife bought this David Weather Station as a present for me. I had to buy the twenty-foot scaffold pole!
I check it daily against my marine barometer and the pressure requested from the local airport tower. and it's very, very accurate.
Excellent weather forecasting - also for keeping tabs on temps inside the house, too. Very pleased and would recommend.

Ice-Watch Ladies Ice-Crazy Watch ICE.CY.PE.U.S.13
Ice-Watch Ladies Ice-Crazy Watch ICE.CY.PE.U.S.13
Offered by Design4stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies Ice-Crazy Watch - Wife is Crazy about It., 12 Jun. 2014
I changed another watch for this one via the internet. Glad I did. My wife
loves it - very 'cool' without being 'over the top'.

Nikon Coolpix L25 Digital Camera - Red + Case and 4GB Memory Card(10.1MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Value and Excellent Service, 1 Feb. 2013
Really excellent price for this camera kit which includes case and memory card - a great overall deal. I had a thorough look at this camera at PC World and elsewhere where prices were considerably more - even without the extras! The camera's simple controls and strong, metal body are fine - particularly when bought for a young owner. Good, fast delivery. Packing OK and no damage whatsoever to actual camera box, etc, but perhaps not really up to best Amazon standards. Very satisfied customer and will target DiscountedDigital when looking for other itmes in the future. .

Page: 1 | 2