Profile for Efstathios Diakos > Reviews

Content by Efstathios Diakos

Efstathios Diakos

Slow Train to Guantanamo: A Rail Odyssey Through Cuba in the Last Days of the Castros

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent read, 10 Oct. 2014
I enjoyed reading this book as the author describes the real life in Cuba without taking sides. I would recommend this book to anyone who wishes to visit Cuba and i would also advise to go out of the "all inclusive" hotels to explore real Cuba and the Cubans.

Eurydice Street: A Place in Athens
Eurydice Street: A Place in Athens
by Sofka Zinovieff

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 23 April 2011
Everyone who contemplates visiting or staying in Greece should read this book. As somebody who is Greek and lived for 8years in Italy and for the last 10 years in England and plans to return soon in Athens I have to say that her comments/remarks are to the point. Particularly for me, that spent my summers as a child and teenager in Vouliagnmeni with my grandparents not far away from where Sofka lived brings up pleasant memories.
Thank you Sofka for your excellent book and your love for my city and country.