Profile for S. Ozols > Reviews

Content by S. Ozols

S. Ozols (Devon, United Kingdom)

Tomb Raider Underworld (Xbox 360)
Tomb Raider Underworld (Xbox 360)

3.0 out of 5 stars Old, clunky engine, past it's time., 10 May 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Tomb Raider WAS amazing. This is the point i'm trying to get across in this review. Back in the days of strict skimpy costumes and locking the butler in the fridge, TR was the best action/adventure game around. However, times have changed.

You see, the engine just can't cope anymore. For starters, the camera. It won't move where you want it, I can guarantee when you finish this your memory of playing the game will be of a fight with the camera. Often over looking important platforms and refusing to go where you ask, this reminds me of how games used to be 10 years ago. It's 2010 dammit, and if you can't get your game to leave the development stage without the user being able to control where they are looking, then it isn't ready to be sold to public.

The combat is dull, and just a means to an end. Lara fights with her trademark double-infinite ammo pistols, and I found myself just holding the right trigger down until whatever I wanted to die did just that. The adrenaline-headshot adds a bit to this, but it's only really useful when fighting multiple enemies, and when you are it's hard to implement. You eventually end up with a souped up weapon that downs most things with one shot, which you will be very thankful for when you get your hands on it.

Then there is the platforming. For the most part, pretty good, but unfortunately in this one you have to jump at angles in many parts of the game. Therefore if the thumb stick isn't aligned properly considering where the camera is pointing, it's death for Lara, 20 seconds of staring at a loading screen, and a frustrating experience for the player.

It will last you a good 10 hours though, and with it being cheap on amazon now you'll get some enjoyment for your money. There are two DLC episodes available if you want to play on as well, plus it's easy achievement points if you're after them. More of a time filler than a blockbuster game though, if you're really looking for a action adventure game with well thought out platforming bits on the 360, I would suggest either Prince of Persia or Wet.

Billy Talent - Live in London 2006 (LIMITED EDITION)
Billy Talent - Live in London 2006 (LIMITED EDITION)

3.0 out of 5 stars Strictly a collecters item, 6 July 2008
It's rare, but a really poor recording. If you see it, snap it up, as you might not see it again, but don't buy it for personal listening.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 8, 2012 3:28 AM BST

Tales Don't Tell Themselves (Uk Cd)
Tales Don't Tell Themselves (Uk Cd)
Offered by jim-exselecky

1.0 out of 5 stars What happened?, 21 April 2008
I bought this album after being pleasantly surprised with seeing the band - one of my friends asked which albums I already had, and my reply was "just Hours" and he said "only go and get Casually Dressed". Well. I decided to ignore him and get both.

Oops.

Nothing appeals to me here at all.

The first song, Into Oblivion, some reviewers have said is the only good point. I think I could think of 10 FFaF tracks better than this one, which doesn't say alot for the rest of the album.

Instead of the nitty-gritty in your face styling of the previous albums, this one talks about a fisher on a boat. Plenty of dramatic pianos follow. Sorry, I know concept albums can work sometimes, but this one really doesn't.

In short, buy the other two albums, see them live, and ignore this.

Billy Talent 666 [DVD]
Billy Talent 666 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Billy Talent
Offered by Get it in a Jiffy

5.0 out of 5 stars CAN'T WAIT, 24 Oct 2007
This review is from: Billy Talent 666 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm not normally one of these guys to review a item before it is out, but come on, this is going to be off the chart! Aaaaaaand I may be on it. :D
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2007 10:42 AM GMT

Billy Talent II
Billy Talent II
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars It took three years, but they are BACK!, 27 Jun 2006
This review is from: Billy Talent II (Audio CD)
I'm not a great reviewer, I don't know what to say about why I like or dislike things alot of the time. But you need this, and that's a fact.

Sony Official PlayStation 2 DualShock 2 Controller (PS2)
Sony Official PlayStation 2 DualShock 2 Controller (PS2)
Offered by Future Gaming UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice design, Cheap build, 30 Oct 2005
Ok, so last novemeber I bought my slimline PS2, and got myself into the wonderful world of so many fantastic PS2 titles. I love it, maybe not as much as the nintendo magic but at least 3rd parties are willing to create for the PS2.
Anyway, the controller I fell is not up to scratch. Yes, it may be well layed out and fits into your hand nicely, but the fact is is that apart from its stupid Z button the GameCube controller fits better, and everything is much better layed out.
I cant remember the amount of times ive had difficulty moving quickly from X to O but on the Cube bad all of the face buttons are designed to go under your thumb, rather than just the one.
Also, whilst for the best part of four years my Cube pad has hit the fall on a regular basis, my L2 button seems to pop out everytime I look at it.
Its a nice controller, but its just not as solid as it should be, and is prone to breakage.