Profile for C. Weeks > Reviews

Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
by Aron Ralston

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more to this then you might think., 30 Dec 2006
I received this book as a Christmas present and wasn't sure about how I would find the read. It didn't take long before I was fully engaged in the story.

It was really interesting to discover just how much climbing experience Aron Ralston has. This experience clearly saved his life when it really counted. The main theme is broken up well with stories of his climbing past. Readers are easily able to live side-by-side with Aron as he describes the accident and the days that followed. The text is supplemented with a good photo section.

This was a very well written book that evoked many different emotions. It comes highly recommended to all.

Angel Voices
Angel Voices

4.0 out of 5 stars Repetition, but still worth your money!, 29 Dec 2006
This review is from: Angel Voices (Audio CD)
I have to first say that I am writing this review as an existing fan of Libera.

The first thing that struck me about this CD was how wonderful the opening track, Far Away, is. This track is worth the purchase of the CD alone. I was disappointed that so many of the other songs on the CD were featured on other Libera albums. However, there were changes to a few of the tracks, most notably Sanctus that had a nice variation at the end.

This album is strongly recommended for those new to Libera and to the die hard fans. If you already own a good selection of Libera just don't expect a completely new album. You can, however, expect the same exceptionally high quality of music produced in the Libera way.

Come on Libera, there are plenty of other amazing songs out there just waiting for your unique touch! Lets get the rating back up to five stars next time.

The Choir [DVD] [1995]
The Choir [DVD] [1995]
Dvd ~ James Fox
Offered by games

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic BBC, 14 Mar 2006
This review is from: The Choir [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
This 1995 TV mini-series was on the air in 1995. It is based on the novel by Joanna Trollope, a story of the politics behind a Cathedral Choir School and the Cathedral itself. The Cathedral Dean wants to get rid of the choir to help preserve funds for the Cathedral building.
This really is classic BBC drama. There are sub-plots, including the usual relationships you get with Joanna Trollope books. I strongly, strongly suggest you purchase the soundtrack which shot young St Pauls Chorister Anthony Way to great hights in the UK Popular charts with a number of classical albums.
Great acting and directing, true to the novel and excellent music. High level of performance by a young Anthony Way.
I have been waiting for this to be released on DVD for some time. Comes highly recommended!

Unreal II: The Awakening
Unreal II: The Awakening
Offered by Game World United Kingdom

3.0 out of 5 stars Huge Potential, Huge Disappointment, 2 July 2003
When I first heard that Unreal 2 was available to pre-order I didn't hesitate in securing my copy. It's very rare that I just buy a game based on its reputation. The original Unreal was simply amazing, perhaps the best FPS game I have ever played! My thoughts were that this could be a game to rival the upcoming Doom 3, but I was wrong.
This game was a huge disappointment. The graphics weren't amazing. Simple things like being able to see your reflection on surfaces was missing. I would have been happy with the graphics if the story and game play had been good, but they were also disappointing. The storyline didn't keep me interested in the game at all. The weapons in the game were also a huge disappointment. The traditional favourites of many Unreal fans simply aren’t there. The sniper riffle has been replaced with a stupid 'modern' plasma thing!
I could talk for ever on what I didn't like about this game, the simple fact is I have been left disappointed in a series that had so much potential. You will get some game play out of this game but I would recommend going out and finding a copy of the original Unreal. Get the Unreal 'Game of the Year Edition' pack instead. Still a classic today!
What a shame, this is the last time I buy an Unreal game without waiting for a playable demo.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5)
by J.K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars J K Rowling Delivers another Masterpiece, 1 July 2003
The size of this book shouldn't put you off for a second. As with the other Harry Potter books I couldn't put this one down. The book fits in well with the others in the series and doesn't fail to deliver.
One of the strengths of JK Rowling's writing is the way that you can identify with her characters. In this book there are plenty of opportunities to feel anger, sadness, excitement and happiness. The characters are also older and so we see some changes in their attitudes and the ways they behave. Harry is more moody, irritable, suspicious, irresponsible and also at times quite tactless. However, there is no doubt that he is still the Harry Potter we all know.
There are some great new characters in Order of the Phoenix. As with many of JK Rowling's characters you can identify them with people that you have come across in your life.
In Order of the Phoenix you learn a lot more about Voldemort and Harry. There are also some useful insights into characters like Snape and Dumbledore. The book provides a number of useful hints as to where the series is going. I believe that this book has set up Book 6 brilliantly.
Order of the Phoenix comes highly recommended to all.