Profile for Dan's Review > Reviews

Dan's Review

Ecoair ECO DD122FW Desiccant Simple Dehumidifier
Ecoair ECO DD122FW Desiccant Simple Dehumidifier
Price: 119.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Good machine overshadowed by faults and poor customer service, 17 July 2012
The first machine broke within 2 months. Eco air said they'd pick it up in week and the repairs would take 2-6 weeks. I demanded better and after some persuasion, the machine was picked up within 2days and a new model dropped off at the same time. 5 months later, the machine has now broken...again. The same problem- no more hot air blown out in laundry mode and no water collected in any mode.

While the machine works, it's great. However, there's abosolutely no point in having a good product if it just breaks. Eco Air should recognise this fault and replace the units immediately- not some lengthy collection/repair service which I've now taken 4 days off work in total waiting for pickups and deliveries.

Last time, Eco Air and I agreed that with the first broken unit, I would accept a replacement, but should it happen again I would be given a full refund to buy a more reliable model/brand. This has been completely ignored and I'm now sitting here waiting for the broken unit to be picked up sometime between 9am and 6pm- missing another day of work.

Eco Air- you're product and customer service are terrible. I will completely avoid your company and products from now on and would advise others to do the same.

I'm going to look at De'Longhi for another dehumidifier and buy through someone like John Lewis who give a proper after sales service
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2014 2:26 PM GMT