Profile for Lord Dan > Reviews

Content by Lord Dan

Lord Dan (Lincolnshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Free vTube for YouTube
Free vTube for YouTube

2.0 out of 5 stars No official YouTube app?, 10 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Free vTube for YouTube (App)
Whilst this app certainly works, it's just another third party app that wants to earn ad revenue by placing ads all over the darn place, including after every video. Why they made the decision to not have the official YouTube app available on the kindle is beyond me.

BitFenix Merc Alpha Midi Tower Chassis - Black
BitFenix Merc Alpha Midi Tower Chassis - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive budget case, 16 Nov. 2014
I'm rather impressed with this little case. I've been using it for about 5 years and it's been a decent budget gaming case. I've since built a new system and gone for the NZXT H440, but this still lives on in my office as my office machine. It's a fairly small case so I'd only recommended it for low to mid range systems. It has space for two fans on the side panel, 2 on the top and one on the back. It sports decent mounting space for HDD's. I can't remember much else about the case honestly but I still remain impressed with this case considering its price.

Cyber Snipa Intelliscope Mouse (PC)
Cyber Snipa Intelliscope Mouse (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly decent gaming mouse, 16 Nov. 2014
This was a good mouse during it's life-time. I only replaced it because the scroll wheel eventually stopped working due to the amount of usage the mouse had seen. Fairly decent little gaming mouse. I've since moved into more expensive gaming mice these days after being reassured by these cheaper mice that they do actually last a decent amount of time. Currently using a Logitech G300 I believe.

Corsair CP-9020055-UK RM Series RM750 80 Plus Gold 750W ATX/EPS Fully Modular Power Supply Unit

5.0 out of 5 stars Usual corsair service.., 16 Nov. 2014
My RM750 unfortunately died after 2 months of usage. However, within the decade of using Corsair products this is only the second time I've ever had a faulty PSU. In fact my original CX650 is still used in my office computer. Presenting my Amazon receipt to Corsair themselves prompted RMA, in which I had a replacement within a couple days, not bad for overseas service!

The product itself is great, being full modular means very little cabling. This is great because I was building a new system to go in an NZXT H440 and all my hardware sports a black and red theme. I wanted minimal cabling as the H440 has a decent window and I naturally wanted the system to look badass. The PSU's black finish and black cabling helps it blend in nicely where cable management was concerned.

I still have plenty of cables left over and I didn't experience a scenario where I was short of a certain cable either, however it's worth noting I run a single GPU, 1 SSD and 1 HDD. so my requirements are quite small.

HyperX 8 GB 2400 MHz CL11 DDR3 HyperX Beast Desktop Memory Kit (2 x 4GB) - Intel XMP

5.0 out of 5 stars 2400Mhz? No problem., 16 Nov. 2014
I don't have a great deal to say about memory modules. I'm using them for gaming and they work well. I'm playing Arma 3 a fair bit but I mostly enjoy Crafting/Survival/Building/Sandbox style games and I've not issues. I'm running these at 2400Mhz on a Crosshair V Formula Z and they're doing great thus far.

TP-LINK TL-WN822N 300MBPS High Gain Wireless N USB Adapter
TP-LINK TL-WN822N 300MBPS High Gain Wireless N USB Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wireless Adapter, 16 Nov. 2014
Been using this for a while now and I've had no problems with it at all. I've recently switched back to wired however and handed this over to someone else who wanted a wireless adapter.. Interestingly, switching to Wired gave absolutely no gain what-so-ever. TP-Link don't screw around with their products.

I'm now using this TP-Link product for my Wired connection (which is also fantastic): http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA4030KIT-500Mbps-Powerline-Adapter/dp/B00FEDTWL6/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1416131428&sr=8-12&keywords=TP-Link+Plug

HyperX 120GB SATA3 3K 2.5-inch Gaming SSD Drive
HyperX 120GB SATA3 3K 2.5-inch Gaming SSD Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Still not used to my system shutting down before I leave my seat., 16 Nov. 2014
Still not used to my system shutting down before I leave my seat. Several mini heart-attacks thinking it died.

I'm so used to still seeing the blue glow of my monitor as I leave the room It took some time to adjust to the system shutting down before I could even leave my seat. Program applications are way more responsive and overall system responsiveness is great. Everything from starting up, doing daily tasks with common applications to shutting down.

Aerocool F6XT Control Speed Adjustable Dual LED 3.5 inch Fan Controller
Aerocool F6XT Control Speed Adjustable Dual LED 3.5 inch Fan Controller

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and reliable but a lot of cabling., 6 Nov. 2014
Cables, cables everywhere. This item comes with free spaghetti junction. Would have been cleaner if all of the cables came pre-tied . It works, offers three speed settings, slow, medium and full rpm and can switch between blue and red LEDs.

Asus DVD-RW Bulk Drive (DRW-24F1ST, S-ATA, DVDR: 24x, CD-R: 48x, E-Green, Disc Encryption II)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to., 2 Nov. 2014
There isn't a great deal to say about a DVD-RW. It works, it does what it's supposed to, it successfully burnt information to disc, it looks nice.

Logitech G300 Gaming Mouse Wired Grey / Black
Logitech G300 Gaming Mouse Wired Grey / Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good mouse., 1 Nov. 2014
Purchased to replace a mouse that lasted 2 weeks. Been using this a couple months now and it's great. It has three DPI modes which changes the colour of the LEDs on the mouse (G8) from Red, Blue and Green. Fits nicely in the hand though it is a fairly small mouse for myself personally. I've not used all the additional buttons yet but I do use some of them in Arma 3 for sniper scope operation (G4, G5) etc. Great mouse, very happy with it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5