Profile for Stephen McDonald > Reviews

The Official Highway Code
The Official Highway Code
by Department for Transport

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, buy it, but it!, 18 Nov. 2010
Perhaps the roads would be a more pleasant and safer place if everyone bought this and just took the time to read it. I bought it after driving for 10 years and decided to go for my motorbike licence and had to sit a theory test. I must say that I was surprised by how interesting and useful I found the highway code having not read it for a good number of years. I'm thinking of buying several copies and throwing them at people I encounter on my journeys!

Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones - Silver
Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones - Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Good headphones, good price, 18 Nov. 2010
Bought these headphones for using in work and haven't been disappointed. The are slightly on the large side but that being said I think it works well that they're large as it covers the ear well. I'm not exactly a music "buff" that could nit pick at where these headphones fail in terms of sound but they sound good to my untrained ear. I think for the price you can't really go wrong with these if you're just looking to listen to music now and again. If you're looking for some that you can wear out in the street and are a bit more discreet the I'd possibly look at a different pair, as I said before they are on the larger side!

Inception (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2010]
Inception (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio

5.0 out of 5 stars Best film of 2010, so far, 23 Aug. 2010
This is a fantastic film! Good cast and in my opinion it's DiCaprios best film to date! Lots of action and excitement to keep you occupied and a very good story line! The film does require you to pay attention and to think a little but I don't think it's as complicated to follow as some people would suggest. Best film of 2010 so far!

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse [DVD]
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kristen Stewart

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good film, 23 Aug. 2010
Got dragged along to see this at the cinema and was pleasantly surprised with it! I didn't like the first film as I thought it was very slow so wasn't holding out for much with this one either. I must admit though that I really enjoyed it and found the story line very good and found myself glued too it. So even if you didn't like any of the others (I haven't seen the second one) then I'd definitely recommend this one.

Sherlock: Series 1 [DVD]
Sherlock: Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Benedict Cumberbatch

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing on the BBC for years, 23 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Sherlock: Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This is by far the best thing to be on the BBC for years! It's a shame there were only 3 episodes though as it was such a good series! If you haven't seen this then you have to get the DVD. Benedict Cumberbatch is awesome as Sherlock Holmes as is Martin Freeman as Dr. Watson. If the BBC produced more TV like this then it would justify the licence fee.

Night Work
Night Work
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 23 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Night Work (Audio CD)
This is my current favourite album of 2010, not a bad song on it! Prior to this album I wasn't a massive scissor sisters fan, they were alright, but this is a very good album. I've listened to it quite a few times now and I'm still not bored of it and still don't skip any songs. Well worth a listen!

The Blind Side [DVD] [2010]
The Blind Side [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Sandra Bullock
Offered by 247dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good film, worth a watch, 23 Aug. 2010
This review is from: The Blind Side [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
This film started slowly and had a rubbish "chick flick" look about and I almost didn't continue watching it, however I'm glad I did. After getting past the initial part of the film it actually turns out to be a very good and gripping film. Good cast who all play their parts very well.

Iceland (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
Iceland (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
by Fran Parnell

5.0 out of 5 stars Good guide book, 23 Aug. 2010
I always buy a Loney Planet before going to new places and this one didn't disappoint. Really useful, we used it to plan our trip before going away and then it was always in the bag when we got there so that we could reference it whenever we needed to. If you're going on a short break to Iceland then I'd recommend this book.

New York City (Lonely Planet Encounter Guides)
New York City (Lonely Planet Encounter Guides)
by Ginger Otis

4.0 out of 5 stars Small and handy, 23 Aug. 2010
This is a small and handy book to have if you're going on a short break to New York. It covers quite a bit for a small book and I always find the pull out maps in the Lonely Planet guides useful. If you're wanting a more in depth guide though, you'd probably be best going for something else.

Panasonic Lumix TZ6 Digital Camera - Black (10.1MP, 12x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent camera, 23 Aug. 2010
This is an excellent compact camera. Bought this camera after my other camera packed in and have been very pleased with it. The picture quality is excellent and the has plenty of features. I think there are some features missing (some of the maual mode configuration) that some of it's competitors have for the more experienced photographers but it has more than enough features / configuration options for the amateur. The battery life is very good on this as well and will last you for a good while.

So... If you're looking for a good, easy to use and reliable compact camera, then look no further!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3