Profile for Country Gran > Reviews

The Art of Leaving
The Art of Leaving
by Anna Stothard
Price: 5.37

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read - she has a wonderful way of writing, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Art of Leaving (Paperback)
If this is the first book of Anna Stothard you read, you will want the read the others. I think it is the best of her three novels and I find her writing very enjoyable. I'm hooked and hope she comes out with more soon.

Super Saxoflute
Super Saxoflute
Price: 12.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Get out the ear plugs, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: Super Saxoflute (Toy)
I bought this for my Granddaughter and she loves it, so does her older brother. So much so that my daughter banned them from using it at the same time. Apparently it can get rather loud. Be warned!

Rustic Ranch Maxi Craft Bag
Rustic Ranch Maxi Craft Bag
Offered by Excellencestores
Price: 22.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 9 Dec 2013
This is a present for my daughter. I checked the measurements before I bought it but I wasn't expecting it to be as big as it turned out to be. That is not a bad thing - if you are a crafter, you'll know what I mean. It seems to be very well made and I would be thrilled if someone bought it for me. It is slightly darker in colour than it appears on the web but again that is not an issue.

Isabel and Rocco
Isabel and Rocco
by Anna Stothard

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read if you like Anna Stothard. If you've not read her work - you are missing something., 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: Isabel and Rocco (Paperback)
For some reason this, the first of her novels, is more expensive/difficult to find than her later two. This was classed as 'used' but appeared not to have been read previously. It had the appearance of a book which had been in storage for some time (slightly brown on the edges) but other than that, it was perfect. An absolute bargain for the price.

Deadly Annual 2014 (Steve Backshall's Deadly series)
Deadly Annual 2014 (Steve Backshall's Deadly series)
by Steve Backshall
Price: 7.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what Deadly 60 fan will want., 9 Dec 2013
A present for my Grandson, who adores these programs and anything 'deadly'. I'm sure he will be thrilled and hopefully occupied for some length of time with the contents.

Portmeirion Dawn Chorus Sandwich Tray / Plate
Portmeirion Dawn Chorus Sandwich Tray / Plate

3.0 out of 5 stars Does everything from China come in a plain white box?, 9 Dec 2013
I was really surprised to discover that this item was made in China and not in North Wales! It was bought as a Christmas present for someone who has the tea service, so hopefully they will be thrilled. As I expected this to be a quality item, I think the packaging could be much better than the thin, plain, cardboard box in which it arrived without even a shred of tissue. After all, presentation is half the pleasure when unwrapping. I hope I will be forgiven for its tatty covering.

A6 Hardcover Pocket Notebook - Stripes design - 100 sheets=200 pages - Ruled - Size 148mm x 105mm
Offered by Paper Things
Price: 2.35

4.0 out of 5 stars What can you say about a notebook?, 10 Jun 2013
Great little book for the price.
It can be quite hard to find small hardback notebooks at a reasonable price. I bought 2, one for my husband to jot down material lists for his woodworking and I have one for my shopping list. It would have been better to receive two different colours, rather than both the same, as we keep getting them confused.

Hanayama Equa Puzzle
Hanayama Equa Puzzle
Price: 9.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for those who enjoy a challenge, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Hanayama Equa Puzzle (Toy)
It's so difficult to buy for daughter's boyfriends or son-in-laws but this solved my problem. I bought them all one of these and they were competing against each to solve theirs first. They are attractive items and very well made.

Wenko 3440002100 Extra Large Textile Fabric Laundry Bin Stone, 24 x 54 x 52 cm, Grey
Price: 22.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Really handy, 10 Jun 2013
This is a great way to keep the washing tidy but I really wish I had bought the one with 3 sections because I would like to separate 'whites' from light colours. It seems to be very robust and it is lightweight, which means you can easily cart it around the house, collecting laundry. It looks smart too.

Lala Oopsie Littles Doll Fairy Tulip
Lala Oopsie Littles Doll Fairy Tulip
Offered by a1 Toys
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My grandughter's request, 10 Jun 2013
My Grandaughter has been pestering her mother for one of these, so now she is going to get one from me for her 5th birthday. I must admit, I think it's a bit odd looking - but then what do Grandmothers know!
I know that I have received excellent service from the supplier with very quick delivery and the item was extremely well apcked.

Page: 1 | 2