Profile for R. J. Edwards > Reviews

Content by R. J. Edwards

R. J. Edwards "Roberta211" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Born To Run (Live - Acoustic) [Clean]
Born To Run (Live - Acoustic) [Clean]

5.0 out of 5 stars Springsteen Acoustic, 7 July 2012
This works brilliantly as a stripped back acoustic. Amazing vocals. Brings the dynamics of the voice right bang up in your face. I love it

Resolution
Resolution
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy, 6 May 2012
This review is from: Resolution (Audio CD)
Lamb of God blaze ahead of their peers with this shattering flat out f***in' awesome ear blistering master piece. They just get better and better.

Dead Set on Living
Dead Set on Living

5.0 out of 5 stars Cancer Bats, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Dead Set on Living (Audio CD)
This has put a right smile on me gob! Awesome. Can't wait to see this live. Good on yer lads!

Such A Night In Pearl Harbor [CD + 100 Page Book]
Such A Night In Pearl Harbor [CD + 100 Page Book]

4.0 out of 5 stars Early 60s Elvis, 9 April 2012
Pretty rough sound quality but adds to the live dimension to Elvis' 60s post army vocal style. Overpriced as the CD + Booklet version. I got mine on download.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2012 9:11 PM BST

Hate My Way
Hate My Way

2.0 out of 5 stars Hate My Way, 6 Feb 2012
This review is from: Hate My Way (MP3 Download)
It was a freebie download sampler - so can't complain. But there ain't any high lights on this one. Deleted it from my ITunes after one listen.

Ladies Fashion Belt - Faux Leather - G1554 (M, Black)
Ladies Fashion Belt - Faux Leather - G1554 (M, Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Black belt., 6 Feb 2012
My old black belt was falling to pieces and this looked like a perfect replacement for it. I was rather distracted by the supplier's name and I didn't notice it was faux leather. It's OK but very overpriced - I wouldn't realistically expect to spend more than a fiver on this. I didn't send it back as I needed to use it asap but in hind sight it really isn't worth the money.

In These Ozarks Hills
In These Ozarks Hills

5.0 out of 5 stars In These Ozarks Hills, 6 Feb 2012
Marideth Sisco is featured heavily on the 'Winter's Bone' soundtrack - I bought this as a follow up to hear more of her voice. Stunning

Live March 2001
Live March 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars 16 Horsepower Live, 6 Feb 2012
This review is from: Live March 2001 (MP3 Download)
One of my favourite bands. David Eugene Edwards' voice is superb and this album has a great 'live' feel to it. This I suppose is the closest you are gonna get to a Greatest Hits from these guys!

Cemetery Shoes
Cemetery Shoes
Offered by dutchtoni

5.0 out of 5 stars Johnny Dowd, 6 Feb 2012
This review is from: Cemetery Shoes (Audio CD)
I adore Johnny Dowd's lyrics. Clever, dark but with a great deal of humour. Cemetery Shoes is a relative easy listen and perhaps a way for new comers to adjust to his sometimes overtly raw sound. Kinda Nick Cave meets Delta Blues.

100 Acres Of Sycamore
100 Acres Of Sycamore

4.0 out of 5 stars Ffion Regan, 6 Feb 2012
I heard the track Dogwood Blossom on the new series of Made in England and bought the album on the strength of that. Well written. Melancholic and thoughtful. Glad I found it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6