Profile for phatmat1390 > Reviews

Content by phatmat1390

"phatmat1390"

Keane: Hopes and Fears (Arranged for Piano, Voice and Guitar)
Keane: Hopes and Fears (Arranged for Piano, Voice and Guitar)
by Keane

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 16 Nov. 2004
This Keane book to accompany their album "Hopes and Fears" is a great way of enjoying the phenomenal songs by Keane. It sounds fantastic to play all the songs from such a brillaint band. The best one in the book is "Bedshaped", it's my favourite song by Keane and is represented very well in this book, it sounds great especially playing the introduction on piano. All the music in the book are pretty tricky so I only recommend this to people who can already play the piano/keyboard etc.
Also very helpful is the guitar chords put just above the stave (the lines on which the notes are put on) because it means that if your playing the piano or keyboard you can play just the piano part of you can play the main tune with your right hand and the guitar chords with your left so the songs is more recognizable. As the previous reviewed said there is no drumkit part but I'm not bothered by that and I'm sure drum players could improvise. This is definetely a 5 star product, the reason why I gave it 4 was because the delivery from Amazon went funny and I didnt receive the book until 3 weeks after I had ordered it (not up to Amazon's usual high standerds)
In conclusion this is a great book and it is note-perfect so I highly recommend it for all musicians and fans of the band.

Hama Star 63 Tripod with Carry Case
Hama Star 63 Tripod with Carry Case
Offered by TapeCity

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall impressive, 12 Oct. 2004
So far since I got this tripod its proved itself a great item, I have a Canon DV Camcorder and it works fine and theres no wobbling. The spirit level is very usefull and It goes very, very high! And of course its got a fantastic price tag as usual from Amazon! Good stuff.

Shaun of the Dead [DVD] [2004]
Shaun of the Dead [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Simon Pegg
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic British comedy, 12 Oct. 2004
Shaun of the Dead is a brilliantly funny film. It's got the stars (you will see quite a few great British comedy actors from The Office, Little Britain and more, aswell as loads from Spaced), its got the jokes, its got the story and its got just about everything else you need for a great enjoyable movie. It is superbly acted by Simon Pegg, Nick Frost etc. and Edgar Wright Directed it brilliantly. Overall It's the smartist and funniest film ive seen in ages!

Little Britain - Series 1 [DVD] [2003]
Little Britain - Series 1 [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Matt Lucas
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars THE FUNNIST TV SHOW EVER!!!, 12 Oct. 2004
Little Britain is a stroke of genious, its absoloutly hilarious and the characters are brilliantly funny and original! They are perfectly played by Matt Lucas and David Williams. Just like all the other reviews I love the Emily Howard, Lou and Andy, Vicky Pollard (yeah but no) characters, however my favourite has to be the Scottish Hotel manager sketch (maybe I am...and maybe I'm not!) It's hilarious (of course everyone here in Scotland is like that!). Also an honerable mention to the Fat Fighters sketch and Daphid (no idea how you spell that!) who is the "the only gay in the village!". This fantastic show is the funniest thing I've ever seen on TV and deserves all the popularity Its getting at the moment! I can't wait for the next series which is starting soon I think!

Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 15.0
Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 15.0

5.0 out of 5 stars Type faster than ever before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 23 Mar. 2004
Ever since I got this my typing has gone from pretty rubbish to great and I'm still improving! Mavis Beacom puts fun into typing with lessons that guide you through touch typing and games which makes it fun. Before I got this I coudn't type without looking at my fingers but now I've forgotten what my hands look like! It's so easy to use ( after an hour I had completed 50% of my target speed). This CD even has live videos to help you! Anyone who wants to improve their typing or wants to learn from the start should get this.