Profile for A C Williams > Reviews

Good Housekeeping's Cookery Compendium revised edition 1954
Good Housekeeping's Cookery Compendium revised edition 1954
by The Good Housekeeping Institute

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cookbook !, 19 April 2016
This was the cookbook that my Mother was bought when she married. It became the foundation of many well remembered family meals and treats.

I have had great pleasure leafing through its pages and remembering happy family mealtimes.

I have tried some of the recipes I remember and am looking forward to trying out more with my family now.

It is a really good cookbook, teaching practical techniques and then providing a wide range of delicious alternatives.

I have a couple of newer versions of this cookbook which have served me well over the years but I am very pleased to have this one for nostalgic and practical reasons.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug [DVD] [2013]
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Martin Freeman

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 May 2014
Best Hobbit film so far... Loved it in the cinema and had to have it to add to my collection!

Nissan Qashqai PROTECT-2 Waterproof Rear Bench Car Seat Cover Fabric Protector or Boot Liner in Black
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 16 May 2014
This product is terrible....cheap fabric..... Doesn't fit properly.... Provided with sticky strips which I certainly didn't want to use on my car incase it damaged the interior....once on you can not use the seat belts......basically just a bit of nylon fabric roughly the right size.

NISSAN QASHQAI (2010 on) 5 SEATER FRONT BLACK HEAVY DUTY WATERPROOF SEAT COVERS
NISSAN QASHQAI (2010 on) 5 SEATER FRONT BLACK HEAVY DUTY WATERPROOF SEAT COVERS
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories

2.0 out of 5 stars Do the job...no more!, 16 May 2014
These are very heavy duty and will protect my seats from the mud my dogs bring into the car.
However, they do not fit very well... I had to really force them over the seets. Also, they look terrible... Very utilitarian!
They do the job... No more!

NISSAN Qashqai Dog Guard (2007-2014) Original TRAVALL Guard TDG1140 [NOT SUITABLE FOR +2 MODELS]
Offered by Travall UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 9 Oct. 2013
This guard seemed expensive, but having tried cheap universal dog guards in the past and been very disappointed I thought I would give it a go.
I am very glad I did, as this guard fits perfectly, is firm and secure and doesn't damage the car at all. All in all a brilliant product that does exactly what it says.
I am very pleased with my purchase.

Apple iPhone SE/5S/5C/5 Screen Protector, MediaDevil Magicscreen Crystal Clear (Invisible) Edition - (2 x Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil

1.0 out of 5 stars Next to useless, 7 Sept. 2013
Very difficult to put on without getting dust underneath!! ... Then, when I had finally managed to get one on reasonably well, it caught a couple of days later as I was putting it in my pocket, the film peeled itself back and by the time I put it back it was once again covered in dust and full of bubbles :-(
Will be looking for a better solution!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2013 7:07 PM BST

Warm Bodies [DVD]
Warm Bodies [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nicholas Hoult

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm Bodies, 1 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Warm Bodies [DVD] (DVD)
I thoroughly enjoyed this!!!
It's not the greatest film ever, but it is funny, heart warming and that little bit "different".
There are scenes that will remain with me and still make me smile when I think of them.
Would definitely recommend it!
... perhaps not to my older friends :-)

The Pillars of the Earth [DVD] [2010]
The Pillars of the Earth [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Ian McShane
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great production!, 26 April 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed this production, it was hard to stop watching! But then I am a fan of "game of Thrones" and hadn't read the book - which seem to be the main two criteria :-)
I found that watching the Cathederal developing in the background was a fascinating and enjoyable experience.
Overall, I thought it was beautifully produced, well cast, with just the right combination of intrigue, action and romance.
Thoroughly recommend it !!

The Paradise [DVD]
The Paradise [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joanna Vanderham

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable series, 7 April 2013
This review is from: The Paradise [DVD] (DVD)
Missed the last couple of episodes so wanted to buy the series to see what had happened- I enjoyed it very much.

Fruit Of The Loom Marvel Hero Group Shot 1 Mens T Shirts - Black - Mens Medium 38-40" M

2.0 out of 5 stars Image too small, 7 April 2013
The image on the T shirt was much smaller than I expected- very disappointed!
Wouldn't buy another T shirt from these people.

Page: 1 | 2