Profile for Jeff Wilson > Reviews

Content by Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson (west yorkshire. UK)

Healing Quest: In the Sacred Space of the Medicine Wheel
Healing Quest: In the Sacred Space of the Medicine Wheel
by Marie Herbert

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for everyone., 21 April 2009
I first read this book over 8 years ago. back then i read it twice.I recently looked at my old copy and decided to renew it. of which im so pleased i did. on reading this for the 3rd time it was still as fresh and emotional as when i first came across it 8 years ago.How a personal trauma within a family can lead each and every one, to embark on a journey of self discovery is truly amazing.the real life story of a woman losing her teenage daughter in a freak accident,then going on a journey in search of why,is breathtaking.the courage that this family showed and the love that shines throughout the pages not only inspired me.but also confirmed the many reasons why as humans we are faced with personal tragadies. this book i hold close to my heart,and marie herberts quest i truly hope will give all of us hope and belief,and clearer understanding to lifes misfortunes.

Power, Freedom, and Grace: Living from the Source of Lasting Happiness
Power, Freedom, and Grace: Living from the Source of Lasting Happiness
by Deepak Chopra

5.0 out of 5 stars This helped me to remember who I AM ?, 21 April 2009
how many times have we all asked,who am i ? why am i hear? where do i come from ? well read on and let the truth devour you.. i looked at this book a few times before i actually purchased it. why ? again i will say wait untill the book picks you.deepak chopra for me personally has developed a style of writing that in lay-man terms comes across with such ease,poise,and clarity.it makes you feel as if he reads your mind and puts the words into print for you. if we are all part of the infinate field of pure consciousness,then surely this is the reason why it all makes so much sense ? to understand our true nature deepak draws upon his vedanta philosophy. he is so skill full at bringing east meets west together,in such a way of understanding unity and love to being the foundation of oneness. the web of life reaches out in all directions,we are all connected to the same source.im sure as it did with me,power Freedom and Grace will answer all your deep rooted questions. namaste ..

Lost Scriptures: Books that Did Not Make It into the New Testament
Lost Scriptures: Books that Did Not Make It into the New Testament
by Bart D. Ehrman

5.0 out of 5 stars The missing link between jesus and buddha ?, 13 Mar. 2009
i only very recently stumbled over the lost scriptures, however what a gem of a discovery. most other books that i had been reading up to the present,led me towards the teachings of thomas.the lost scriptures,and mostly thomas have re-connected the missing link that i had always struggled with in christianity. the buddha we are told came to share light,while jesus came to share love. but what i liked about my discovery was the fact of what thomas and the others were saying,how to look inwardly and evolve and awaken. as opposed to what organised religions have been teaching down the ages. i will continue my journey of self discovery,now i have truly found the inspirational books in order to lead me to my destiny.the clarity of this book is up-lifting,and the sayings and teachings give me hope towards a jesus,who i feel shows a human quality in what he shared to thomas.what a time to find such a branch of discovery,especially within the present times.be prepared for change once you read this book,im sure it will make you question your christian beliefs,as i did. in the words of jesus "seek and you shall find the truth " amen ..
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2012 12:52 PM BST