Profile for Mac > Reviews

Content by Mac

Mac (Edin UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Cushion Airweb Webbing 85" (210cm) Adjs Dog Training Police Lead 6 way lead 10 COLOURS (NAVY & FOREST)
Offered by K9 Training Products UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb lead, 26 Mar. 2014
I really enjoy using this lead with my Gordon setter. Lengthening & shortening as & when necessary. Soft on the hands, so if there is the occasional lurch forward, there's no burning or torn hands as result.

Womens Faux Suede Brown Furry Bootee Slipper Ladies Warm Slippers Sizes UK 6
Womens Faux Suede Brown Furry Bootee Slipper Ladies Warm Slippers Sizes UK 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cosy, 26 Mar. 2014
Comfortable & warm. True to size. OK for nipping outside briefly to bring in/take out the bins as they have a rubberised sole.

Nylabone Dura Chew - X-Large, Original
Nylabone Dura Chew - X-Large, Original

5.0 out of 5 stars He loves it!, 26 Mar. 2014
My boy is a lively lad & a chewer. He has ruined many of his toys which ended up in the bin. I've just ordered a couple more of this product to replace a well chewed Nylabone. It was his first & he's had a lot of pleasure from it during the early dark & wet nights of winter when he couldn't play outside in the garden.

Good Boy Tripe Sticks 500 g
Good Boy Tripe Sticks 500 g

5.0 out of 5 stars "Woof!!" (translates to "Yes Please!"), 26 Mar. 2014
My boy loves these smelly tripe treats! Sizes are fairly uniform. Occasionally he gets two if they are on the thin side. When he's in the mood for one, he can be found staring intently at the drawer where they're kept. Obviously his kinetic powers have not yet emerged as the drawer remains closed until I decide to open it to reveal the treats within!

Deeply engraved solid brass 39mm circular pet tag
Deeply engraved solid brass 39mm circular pet tag
Offered by Engraving Studios

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality item, 26 Mar. 2014
I bought this to replace the "stainless steel" tag I purchased from a well known national pet store as both the text was wearing away & the top layer of coating to reveal a brass base metal. This was after only 4 months - not fit for purpose at all.

With the enamelled engraved text on offer from this product it's very easy to read the information on the disc. The seller assures the enamelling will stay put, but if it should fade, the engraving is deep (unlike my shop bought purchase) so should remain legible.
The metal is good quality & substantial.
I've a large Gordon setter & this size is perfect for him so ideal for any large to extra large dogs.
The text I requested (below) was engraved in 5 lines on both sides. It doesn't look at all compressed or cramped.

If found
Contact
Tel No
House No/County
Postcode

I'm happy to recommend this product.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Boots - Won't Let you Down!, 6 Jan. 2014
(At this price I'd have ordered them from here if they had my size!)

I bought my first pair of Jameson Le Chameau boots back in 2005 & they've been worn to death.

Although they're not leaking by any means, I noticed a small crack appearing at the edge of both soles near the ball of the foot. If I could, I would get them resoled as the leather's integrity is still sound. They look worn, which is reasonable, after almost a decade, but they still come up looking fine once the mud is cleaned off.

Comfortable from the minute I pulled them on; no breaking in or blisters to deal with. The Goretex reliably kept my feet dry. I treated the leather with dubbin regularly & every so often with a spray on protector. This extra treatment definitely helped when I was near salty water or trudging through grit-treated snow...no horrid permanent white staining if the outer leather got a little damp.

They're not designed as riding boots but they're ideal for working in, playing in, yomping over hills, moors & coasts with lively dogs. They scrub up well enough to wear them down to the local for a well earned ploughmans & pint at lunch time!

My 39 (UK 6) is true to size. They are roomy, (well they're basically classy wellies) so great for adding a cosy pair of woolly socks & tucking in jeans. They're perfect for my broad foot, high instep & muscular calves. They measure approx 17.5" (44.5cm) at the top & slide on with ease. There is a ladies' narrower, dressier looking version for the dainty twinkle toes amongst us.

****A small point of interest***
I was sent a pair of the zipped version of these boots in error. I sent them back because they are narrower at the calf by an inch or so. They still fitted but were definitely snug by comparison. No trouser-tucking or thick sock wearing with that version for me. I also didn't want the complication of cleaning muck from a zip or having to replace if it ever broke.

So wear these boots, punish these boots, take care of these boots & they'll last you many a year. A considered purchase perhaps, but well worth it...I've just taken delivery of my replacement pair...perfect.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2015 1:47 PM BST

Roberts Elise DAB FM RDS Digital Radio - White
Roberts Elise DAB FM RDS Digital Radio - White

5.0 out of 5 stars White, bright requiring a touch that is light!, 2 Oct. 2013
The customer reviews are extremely important to me when making my decision with purchases from Amazon. As a rule, I tend to start with the 1 star comments & move up to the 5 stars. I want to see whether faults or grievances have a common theme relating to the product.

This particular radio was unpacked, plugged in, placed in its position where it will live in my living room (west facing). It scanned which took only a few moments. It managed to access 28 stations. (I'm in central Scotland). The "Absolute" channel began playing. Pressing the tuner 'up' arrow, I located one of the channels I preferred...nothing happened, Absolute channel continued. I persevered, but could not get the radio to switch to an alternative channel nor was I able to save any to 4 preset positions or the heart-shaped favourite. At this point I went back onto Amazon & checked the reviews. Yes...there were other customers stating this was a fault issue. I resolved I would have to pack it up & return it to Amazon, so put it back in its box, planning to repack later.

A few hours passed & I went back to the radio. I decided to give it another go; took it through to the east facing kitchen & plugged it in. It repeated its scanning & a lo! A few extra channels were found beyond the original measly 28! The tuning 'up' arrow was depressed again & I hit the select button with a light touch, almost a flick...voila! The channel changed from Absolute to BBC Scotland! Next I tried to save stations onto my preset & favourite buttons, again with that light finger touch to the buttons...similar to as if I were clicking a laptop keyboard key. Yay success! I wasn't aware I had been heavy handed when I initially tried this procedure, though I had kept each button depressed whilst I waited for the acknowledgement that storing or a channel change had taken place.

The sound is perfectly acceptable for a portable radio at this price point. My priority is to listen to local news & listen to plays or comedy whilst I work. (Will stick to an MP3 player if I'm craving some music with bass) I particularly like the simple roller style volume control. The edge of the thumb, or tip of a finger can move it around with ease. It's a basic, no-nonsense, no-frills radio. Its design suits me fine as its sitting on a shelved area, so the angled top means all buttons are visible without having to tip it forward to see them.

So aside from the original channel changing issues I had to begin with, down to a user malfunction rather than the radio, then I can't in all honesty fault this product.

Belkin CoolSpot Cooling Stand for Laptops up to 17-inch - Black
Belkin CoolSpot Cooling Stand for Laptops up to 17-inch - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but when I replaced this, I opted for a different model!, 26 Jan. 2012
My laptop is 15" & I'd say this Belkin model was a tad too small, to be honest. I often found myself re-aligning it, as it was slipping down, or re-adjusting the stand when it unexpectedly collapsed. I used it on a small table rather than my lap as I hated the chilling effect on my knees.

I'd had my Belkin for a few years at least. Not a particularly noisy fan to begin with, but the sound increased & became ever more laboured & rasping as it aged, albeit intermittently. I often considered replacing it but kept putting it off.

This past fortnight though, I became aware of the fan making a lot of noise & yet my laptop was still heating up with its fan loudly whirring in tandem & I began looking through Amazon's choices. Then, just the other day, my cat leapt off the table, landed on my laptop & *C-R-R-RACK* That was the sound of the stand snapping into bits.

OK Time to replace!

After due consideration I elected to pay a little more on a different model. Targus Lap Chill Mat 17-inch ...(which is working a treat).

To sum up: The price is fair for the Belkin in terms of efficiency & quality of materials, (as I said, I'd had mine for a number of years) but make sure (a) your laptop is smaller than 15" & (b) keep your moggie off, even if they do think they're featherweight little fluff balls. :o/

Clipper Organic Wild Berry 20 Tea Bags (Pack of 6)
Clipper Organic Wild Berry 20 Tea Bags (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars A tasty fruity brew, 4 Jan. 2012
If you're particular about what you put into your body; note this is an organic, fairly traded product with more than a nod to the consideration of people & our planet's welfare.

I drink only herbal teas & this flavour is now included in my favourites list. For those who tend to add honey for sweetness...wait & try without first. For my taste, this flavour is sweet enough with no hint of the tart sourness often associated with wild-berried fruit. It has a rounded, full bodied, unctious flavour. Ingredients: hibiscus, liquorice root, rose-hip, nettle, pineapple & bilberry.

Contraindications re liquorice root & hyper tension...avoid excessive consumption.

If like me, you often forget about your hot cuppa, never fear... this infusion sipped cold is still palatable. Even by Tesco's prices (my local supermarket) which change as often as the weather, the bulk price offered here is cheaper. A worthwhile buy.

HG ceramic hob daily cleaner
HG ceramic hob daily cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Shiny Shiny, 29 Oct. 2011
A little goes a long way. Apply a small amount to a cloth & a firm rub to any stubborn dried on splats. The white cream dries to a dull fog on the glass then all that's required is a quick swipe with a moist cloth which'll buff it up to a nice shine. A pleasing, satisfactory conclusion.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3