Profile for Jaqacake > Reviews

OPI Matte Nail Envy Nail Strengthener 15 ml
OPI Matte Nail Envy Nail Strengthener 15 ml
Offered by Beautiful eBuyers
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This has transformed my nails, on my second bottle ..., 10 Aug 2014
This has transformed my nails, on my second bottle now, my nails are much stronger and don't break anywhere near as often which means they can grow much longer. I don't know where it's been all my life.

I don't use it as often as the directions say because I forget, but it's still made a massive difference to my nails.

Serfas Thunderbolt Rear Light USL-6 - USB Rechargable
Serfas Thunderbolt Rear Light USL-6 - USB Rechargable
Offered by iCycler
Price: 31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly bright., 10 Aug 2014
These are so bright they hurt to look at, I received the front one as a gift and loved it so got this to match.

Much brighter than the similarly priced ones my other half got from Halfords.

Batteries last a few hours, longer on flashing, although I've never let them get flat so you might get longer.

The straps work well, as I have two bikes this is a better system for me than having mounts that fit to the bike, it also means I can move where they are mounted which is necessary at times depending on what I'm carrying.

Can't really fault them, I guess it'd be better if they used micro rather than mini USB as that's what most my other chargers are, but there are enough mini USBs around the house that it's not hard to find one to match, being able to charge it is much more convenient, I'm never going back to having lights that aren't rechargeable.

TP-Link TL-WN725N 150Mbps Wireless-N Nano USB Adapter
TP-Link TL-WN725N 150Mbps Wireless-N Nano USB Adapter
Price: 6.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not optimal for Raspberry Pi, 10 Aug 2014
There are at least two versions of this, I gather version 1 works straight out the box with the Raspberry Pi, however version 2 doesn't, there are no linux drivers available from the manufacturer.

Have now managed to get it working, it's probably fairly simple if you're good at linux, I am not (but am familiar and have used it a fair bit, just never been 'good' at it) so found it a bit of a faff, it would probably harder if you have no experience with linux and I'd recommend looking for a different adapter that just works.

If anyone is looking through these with this problem I found a solution here http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=462982#p462982

Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard  (Retail Packaging)
Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard (Retail Packaging)
Offered by King Of Gadgets UK
Price: 59.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent keyboard - shame it has no recharge circuit, 14 Mar 2014
This is the 3rd keyboard I tried with my android tablet - the first two were cheaper ones that got sent back for being awful, so third try I went for something a bit more expensive and that I could try out in a shop first to see what it's like for typing on.

I'm used to typing on a netbook so don't notice if the keyboard is condensed, I have small hands so usually prefer a slightly condensed keyboard. It's nice to type on, keys press nicely, feels like a laptop keyboard, it's solid and doesn't flex while typing on your lap (a problem with the cheaper ones I tried). Mostly it is just as responsive as a wired keyboard, but occasionally it'll take a second or two to catch up.

My only complaint is the lack of a recharge circuit, standard duracels (that came with it) only lasted a few days so getting rechargeables is a must or you'd be spending a fortune, it'd just be easier to plug in a wire than swap batteries.

Once batteries get low it starts randomly disconnecting while you're typing, which probably wouldn't be noticeable if it didn't make my tablet switch keyboards to the default one. It disconnects significantly less than the cheap ones I tried which were constantly losing the connection mid typing no matter how charged.

Samsung CLP-360 Colour Laser Printer
Samsung CLP-360 Colour Laser Printer
Offered by Printerland
Price: 84.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Annoying with Linux, 22 Mar 2013
Unlike the description this does not have wireless, which I knew although I thought (for some reason) it had ethernet which it does not, it has space at the back but no connection, presumably it's an option.

Another disappointment is the paper tray - it sticks out from the front which I didn't realise before purchasing, none of the pictures show this so it's not as clean as it appears. The tray only closes completely if it has no paper in.

I bought this after checking it had drivers for Linux as I've had some problems with some of the printers in the office using my laptop and after seeing it did I didn't look too much into it which I should have done.

It has a driver but it's not perfect, it requires some googling and playing around with the settings a bit (there's a driver on the Samsung website but it doesn't have this specific model, so it's a case of trying different ones), so far the best I've found (in a hurry) means I have to unplug and plug back in USB cable to the printer between each print which is what I've stuck with atm because I'm lazy and it's easy enough to do with a laptop. I've seen a script to get around this problem but not tried anything yet. The drivers my OS (mint) automatically installs are for a different model and give a poor print quality so you do have to faff around a bit, I'd recommend looking around for a model with better support if you're not running Windows or Mac.

I'm happy with the print quality, I've printed out a few full page colour things and it's not photo quality but it's fine for my purposes. Seems comparable quality to the large colour photocopier/printer thing at work that cost a few thousand.

It takes a while between sending a document to print and it first appearing (30 seconds +), (although this could be specific to the linux drivers, I haven't tried printing from a windows machine to compare), once it's started on a document it kicks it out speedily enough, I haven't really tried to guess how many ppm as I didn't buy it for the speed.

Overall I'm happy, I've not had any problems with it printing beyond the driver issues which are obviously specific to my operating system, no jamming up, no kicking up random errors or just having a fit and not printing so it's beat every inkjet I've ever owned. I went for this model as it was affordable, suited my purposes and I wanted a laser - I firmly believe that inkjet printers are the devil and wanted a printer which didn't require prayer to a range of deities and a blood sacrifice to coax a print from.

Panache Women's Porcelain Moulded Bra Black 3376 32FF
Panache Women's Porcelain Moulded Bra Black 3376 32FF
Price: 23.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bra I've ever had, 22 Mar 2013
I love this bra, it's the only bra I wear with any frequency - have a drawer full of them. Very comfortable and gives a good shape under clothing - unlike most bras I've tried from department stores which just seem to be a very odd 'shape' and expect my boobs to be positioned somewhere else even if they are apparently the right size (I suspect a problem caused by scaling up a smaller cup rather than designing for the larger bust, as I've not found such a problem with brands specifically for larger busts).

This is the most comfortable and best fitting bra I've ever found and it looks good under any clothing so no complaints. Although I kind of wish they did a sexy version (still moulded) as I've yet to find a 'sexy' bra that I can wear without being in pain.

Digital Silence DS-321D Stereo Digital Ambient Noise Cancelling Headphones with Microphone - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars ANC headphones, 22 Mar 2013
I like them, the ANC does OK, obviously doesn't block out every noise and makes no difference to higher pitched noises like talking but it makes a noticeable difference to the background noise on the bus, tube or plane. Means I can actually hear my music without requiring a deafening volume on the tube.

The battery lasts for ages - handy as I often forget to turn it off and I love that it charges by micro USB (much better than a propriety connector), previous ANC headphones I've had to change batteries. It's also great that they still work when the battery is flat as I know some models don't (although I've never bought a pair that don't for that reason).

One of the selling points was having a microphone and this works fine, I've used it while skiing and was able to have conversations despite it being all caught up in clothing (although sadly but not surprisingly the ANC doesn't work to block out wind noise while skiing). Being able to use the button on it to skip and pause is also great, while fiddly with gloves (not an issue, you wouldn't want the microphone any bigger) it's better than removing gloves entirely and digging out your phone.

However after 6 months they are already damaged which leads to some crackling. I'm quite disappointed but on the other hand it's probably my fault, I just put them in my pocket when not using them although it's not happened to any previous headphones, maybe I'm just unlucky or perhaps the cats got hold of them. There is some physical damage to the cable so it seems unlikely that it's a fault with the product.

They are also relatively uncomfortable compared to other pairs of in ear headphones I've owned, I think it's just the shape - it's probably great for some people but I find them quite uncomfortable to wear for a long period of time, unlike my JVC ones which I can wear all day (and sleep in comfortably). Not a problem just for a few hours, but wearing them all day starts hurting after a few days and they aren't comfortable enough to sleep in.

I'm going to do some more research for my next pair, although I wouldn't hesitate to buy these again if they were as comfy as my JVC pair.

New Trent Power Rock Case with Extended Rechargeable Battery Juice Case 2100mAh for IPHONE 4 4S (IMP210B/NT210B)

4.0 out of 5 stars Battery case, 22 Mar 2013
I bought this as a present for my other half who lives in a permanent state of running out of battery.

Now he's the guy who always has battery left at the end of the day. He hasn't had a problem using it, says he finds his phone weird without it because it feels 'too thin'.

Can't really fault it, the only minor point against is that it gets turned on and off in the pocket a lot, which hasn't caused any problems (he doesn't really care) but would likely be a point of annoyance for someone who wants more reliable control over whether or not it's charging the iphone or not - my brother has a similar one with a switch on the inside which suits him better as someone concerned about how charging patterns affect battery life (although I don't think this is really an issue with lithium batteries as it was with older styles).

Only been in use for 3 months but still in perfectly good condition, hasn't suffered from being dropped and generally treated without a lot of care.

Jasmine Silk Pure Silk Black Balaclava Thermal Under Helmet Protection Mask Ski Cycle Motorcycle Bike - Black
Offered by Jasmine Silk
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 22 Mar 2013
Used for skiing, happy with the purchase, my only 'complaint' is that the seam down the middle is a bit uncomfortable under my (quite tight) helmet, leaving an imprint and a bit of a bruise over a few days.

However this is unlikely to be a problem with a helmet with softer foam on the inside (mine is very firm foam with a snug fit). I'm also not sure what the alternative is - is it possible to make one without a seam? I don't know, I haven't looked, if you're choosing between this and one that is seamless I'd choose the seamless one but it's not enough of an issue for me to worry about replacing it.

4-Pack Callippo Silicone Ice Pop Moulds Calipo Push Up Lolly Mold
4-Pack Callippo Silicone Ice Pop Moulds Calipo Push Up Lolly Mold
Offered by Sourcing4U Limited
Price: 6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Good design but leaves an awful taste behind., 22 Mar 2013
While easy to use, makes ice poles and the lid helps prevent spillage in the freezer, after just one day in the freezer on first use the silicone seems to have picked up an awful smell. That smell seems to permeate into the ice pops and leaves a nasty taste (or so it appears, it's possibly an effect caused by the strong smell of the silicone).

I've had the same problem with a couple of novelty ice trays too but with most this isn't a problem so I don't think it's anything to do with my freezer - I assume it's caused by the grade of silicone?

I'd give these a miss.