Profile for Fatgladys > Reviews

Content by Fatgladys

Fatgladys

Afterbite - Bite and Sting Relief Pen X 3 (TRIPLE PACK)
Afterbite - Bite and Sting Relief Pen X 3 (TRIPLE PACK)
Offered by santa's helpers

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 5 Nov 2012
I was delighted to find this product was still available. I first bought it about 20 years ago. OK it does smell of ammonia, but when you've been bitten that really doesn't seem to matter! Very effective for mosquito bites and nettle stings. It's in a very handy "pen" applicator that fits conveniently into a pocket or handbag, which is really helpful because it's best applied as quickly as possible for maximum benefit. A beautifully simple, cheap and effective remedy.

VTech Lullaby Light-Up Lamb
VTech Lullaby Light-Up Lamb
Offered by Gregill Importing

5.0 out of 5 stars Peaceful bedtimes, 26 Aug 2012
This is a clever little toy that has become an essential part of my granddaughter's bedtime routine when she stays with us. She is eight months old and seems to settle very easily when the bedtime function is used. The sequence of music and soothing noises gently reduces in volume and soothes her to sleep as it does so. Worth its weight in gold - well ok not quite! The only down side is it doesn't come with any adaptor to accommodate fixing to a travel cot - our cot desn't have bars so the straps provided won't work. I haven't marked it down for this though as we lay it outside the cot where she can still see and hear it.

20 DISPOSABLE SAVOY ICING BAGS
20 DISPOSABLE SAVOY ICING BAGS
Offered by Venus Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and strong, 5 Jan 2012
When these arrived, I must say I was surprised at how big they were - but that was my fault not correctly reading the size. Having said that and having used them, I am extremely pleased with the quality and the size. I only use them for domestic purposes but they are an excellent size for piping a normal quantity of meringues, icing cupcakes, etc. I've been able to reuse them three times so far and the seams are still holding strong. There's nothing worse than ousing seams and these don't let you down. A quality product delivered in reasonable time.

Universal Protecta Oven Shelf Guard, Pack of 2
Universal Protecta Oven Shelf Guard, Pack of 2
Offered by Trading Reliably

5.0 out of 5 stars My wrists say thankyou, 5 Jan 2012
As someone who was forever covered in burns, these are a great little idea. The strips push easily onto the front edge of most average sized domestic oven shelves and protects you from the searing heat of unprotected shelf edges. They can easily be pulled off and washed in the dishwasher when required. I have had a similar product for some time and have been very happy with them. I bought these for my daughter and she hasn't had them long enough to know how they wear/wash. This product appears to be of good quality, arrived promptly and was well packaged.

Non-Stick Large Heavy Duty Oven Liner
Non-Stick Large Heavy Duty Oven Liner
Offered by Saveafewbob Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the most glamorous product but heh!, 5 Jan 2012
The size fits neatly into an average domestic oven and is of a good thickness. I've had other oven liners before and they are a great way of reducing the chore of oven cleaning. They do tend to flap a little in fan assisted ovens but the weight of this helps to reduce this. Haven't had it long enough to know how it withstands wear and dishwashing. Product is of good quality, arrived promptly and was well pacakaged.