Profile for Mr. L. D. Brigden > Reviews

Content by Mr. L. D. Brigden

Mr. L. D. Brigden "Closetgeek" (England)

The Real Way Round: 1 year, 1 motorcycle, 1 man, 6 continents, 35 countries, 42,000 miles, 9 oil changes, 3 sets of tyres, and loads more ...
by Jonathan Yates

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book!, 12 Sept. 2013
Let me start by explaining why I've given this 5 stars; I don't particularly like motorbikes, I haven't travelled extensively and, if I'm honest, I don't normally enjoy reading very much! Yet despite all this, I found this book captivating!

It was recommended by a friend and I originally bought this as a present for my brother (who does tick all the boxes I don't!). Upon receiving it however, I started flicking through it and got reading. I found it a simple, easy-to-read guide to what embarking on a monstrous journey like this might entail. Jonathan, or Jon as I know feel I could call him, goes to great lengths to break this trip down to be a genuine help to anyone planning such and endeavour.

The bit that got me hooked though was the personal angle from which it was written. It is, without doubt, a great guide for anyone considering biking anywhere around the world, but it is also a collection of memories, stories and anecdotes from the likeable author who I like to think isn't a writer by nature. I found myself sharing the various highs and lows with him which I think is the mark of any good writer.

I don't write reviews often, I believe people should make up their own minds on things (who really cares what I think!) but in this example I felt compelled to share my experience because against all odds for me, it is a great read. I also found myself on the Amazon website again looking to order another copy for my brother at long last...

FIFA 10 (Xbox 360)
FIFA 10 (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good game, 7 April 2010
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Great game, I waited a while to buy it and now I wish I hadn't, all that enjoyment I missed!!. Well worth it - really good game!