Profile for I Carter > Reviews

Thermaltake V3 'BlacX Edition' Single Bay Docking Station
Thermaltake V3 'BlacX Edition' Single Bay Docking Station
Price: 41.66

4.0 out of 5 stars sleek,sexy and fuctional, 19 Jan 2014
I deliberated for months on my new PC build, what Mobo? How much Ram? HDD or SSD? but when it came to the case the remit was simple,not not expensive and looks good. As you probably know when building your PC there is so much to think about to make sure it is compatible, Is the Mobo the right socket set for the Processor? Will the RAM fit? what Wattage of PSU do you need? but one thing is simple do you like the look of the case? Of course there is another factor does the case support the size of mobo you have i.e ATX, mATX etc but overall its down to taste.

This case is very sexy, I really like the look, contrary to other reviews I don't feel it was flimsy in fact I though the construction was good.
When I did my build I ran in to a few very minor snags but I overcame all of them, you may have similar issue so let me share.
Firstly the PSU is fitted at the bottom of the case, this make loads more sense than at the top and something I like but when I came to fit the PSU I noticed it wouldn't fit, on the case there is a small shelf so it seems very clear where it goes but I couldn't get it in? After a few mins of head scratching I worked out the very cleaver dust gard that covers the holes on the underside comes off and can be refitted slighter further along,PSU fitted I was happy.
Next I had to fit the blanking plate, always a pain but simple enough. The Mobo went on fine, its very clear where to put it, mine was ATX and lined up great. The only tiny issue I had was on the case there are for small cables for Power switch,Power LED,HDD LED and reset (also audio but that goes elsewhere) they all plug into the same place on my mobo and this has 8 pins,all but one of the cables have 2 holes each, but one of the cables had more this was the power LED that had 3 holes so wouldn't fit, no big issue just means I don't have a power light but I do have a HDD activity light and in the case there are sexy blue lights anyway so I know its on.
Some people have said when fitting the DVD drive you have to pop out the front panel to access it (this is true) but when doing this they have snapped it, I didn't find this the case it seemed to be straight forward.
The side window is nice so I can see the sexy Blue LEDs ,
The top SATA hot swap port is great, it works a treat and a nice touch not sure how often Ill use it but it is there if I want it but it is true that you wont get a DVD ROM drive or a standard HDD in the top bay because the space is to small but there are loads of room for your drives further down, I have a DVD drive, 2 HDDS and a SSD and still have room left.
Overall I found this a good case to work with, looks nice and does what it should. A good buy for the price.

Nothing Here But Love (Twice As Nice Remix)
Nothing Here But Love (Twice As Nice Remix)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 21 Sep 2013
This is a great trac with a great vocal and interesting vibe, only listened to it once (right now as I write) and I gotta say its growing on me, Lenka one to watch id say.

E La E
E La E

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok but much better on Tru thoughts, 21 Sep 2013
This review is from: E La E (MP3 Download)
Tru thoughts is one of my favourite labels at the moment, some great stuff around especially Quantic and Alice Russel. This however is average cant say more than that.

The Lady is Risen (Barbarossa Remix)
The Lady is Risen (Barbarossa Remix)
Price: 0.79

1.0 out of 5 stars no no no, 21 Sep 2013
please amazon stop sending me free crap, this awful (11 more words realy?) ok I didn't like it I deleted it after 10 seconds

Break Every Chain
Break Every Chain

1.0 out of 5 stars total shit, 21 Sep 2013
This review is from: Break Every Chain (MP3 Download)
WHY? Amazon sent me this free download based on I assume on my history (funk,soul,house,dance,electronica) THIS IS THRASH, not only is it 30 seconds long yes 30 but its shit!!

Well Absolutely
Well Absolutely

4.0 out of 5 stars Great free music!, 21 Sep 2013
This review is from: Well Absolutely (MP3 Download)
Thanks Amazon for this free sexy house trac! Cant say I have ever heard of Body Language but this is a great summer house track, and as intended YES I WANT MORE!

iBoutique IB32GUSB2 USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Elite Flash Drive (32GB, Soft Silver)
iBoutique IB32GUSB2 USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Elite Flash Drive (32GB, Soft Silver)
Offered by SechsiTech
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin(although its actual a box), 6 May 2013
This is a USB pen drive, its robust and durable and stores loads of pictures,movies or data. That's it, what were you expecting?

VGA Monitor Replacement SVGA M-M 15 pin Cable Black 1.8m
VGA Monitor Replacement SVGA M-M 15 pin Cable Black 1.8m
Offered by WHOSAVE
Price: 1.25

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin, 12 Sep 2012
Its a VGA cable, you use it to connect a laptop to a VGA compatible device such as a monitor on in my case a TV, what do you expect? This was cheap ,came in a few days and works as it should. nuff said.

Finest Hour
Finest Hour
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars New favourite band!, 22 Jun 2012
This review is from: Finest Hour (Audio CD)
I purchased this album by mistake, and I have to say what a great mistake that was, I was looking for Andreya Triana and I thought this album had something to do with her as she is amazing (it hasn't).
I have to say this album is as silky smooth as "lost where I belong" by Andreya Triana but in my opinion it is a better album. Ruby Wood provides vocals that make you want to melt, if you like zero 7, Bonobo or Sia, I am sure you will love this.
This album starts with the very chilled out "Angel Eyes" and on first listen I expected that to be the theme of the album, a chilled late night Zero 7 like chill fest, but no. This album has more depth with upbeat numbers like "pop and Lock" that almost take you into a sort of jazz garage vibe (yes I made that up). The one thing that I keep thinking when listening to this album is that I should be in a very expensive, very cool bar in the coolest part of town drinking something I can't afford. This album is the best album I have heard all year, I haven't been this excited about an artist since I discovered Bonobo all those years ago. Now click that mouse and buy it!

Warp Works And 20th Century Masters (London Sinfonietta)
Warp Works And 20th Century Masters (London Sinfonietta)
Price: 10.67

1.0 out of 5 stars Aural sodomy, 22 Jun 2012
I am a massive fan of all that is melodious and pleasant to my ear and also I have a love of the strange and upbeat. If you are interested in this album no doubt you are familiar with Aphex twin, AFX, Polygon Window, Raphlex, Warp Records and many more of this rather odd genre, and if you are, you will be aware that there are so many joys to be had, not only from Aphex twin but also his contemporaries. I own Aphex Twin's entire back cat including his many guises and I have to say that although I class myself as a "fan" a lot of his output is a hard listen. I recently purchased two albums that have an interesting twist. Both are works of Aphex twin but slightly different as they are played on "real" instruments ie an orchestra. The first album was called
Acoustica: Alarm Will Sound Performs Aphex Twin, this is a very interesting listen, not a classic but I will surely dust it off now and again as there are some great sections. The other was this album and like the title suggests it isn't great, or indeed even good. I have sold it already as I see no point in it cluttering up my already overstocked collection of music. Most of this album is by other artists from history, and while their contribution to the evolution of Electronica is very valid that doesn't make the tracks on this album enjoyable. The packaging is great sadly the music isn't.