ARRAY(0xb62e5f9c)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Canada
Canada

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid without being exceptional, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: Canada (Kindle Edition)
I loved the start of the book with the tease of what was to come, and enjoyed the journey of the main character. I thought certain parts of the book went a little flat whereas others were captivating. My acid test of this type of novel is whether I want it to end, and by the time this one did I was ready for that.
Nonetheless an enjoyable read

Train Dreams
Train Dreams
Price: 5.03

3.0 out of 5 stars Short but sweet, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: Train Dreams (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the book but found it rather short and consequently a little superficial. I thought the storyline was good but would have liked the author to have spent a lot longer over each piece giving us more detail so that we really got to know the characters and what was driving them. I suppose this is one of the problems of downloading books that I never look at the length of the book.

The Art of Fielding
The Art of Fielding
by Chad Harbach
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality novel, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Art of Fielding (Paperback)
For me the best book of 2012. Superbly written with characters that felt like friends, and the only disappointment was when it ended. For anyone who has enjoyed writers such as John Irving this book is a must read.

Sesame Snaps Original 30 g (Pack of 24)
Sesame Snaps Original 30 g (Pack of 24)
Offered by Jalpur Millers Online
Price: 10.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Really lovely!, 3 July 2012
I used to buy these when I was at school(in the 70s) and I saw some the other day and nostalgia made me buy! They are still as delicious as I remember !! There are 3 in a pack they are quite crunchy and sweet but really good as a snack. Sadly my 2 daughters didn't share my enthusiasm but that means more for me!!!

Aural Training in Practice, ABRSM Grades 6-8
Aural Training in Practice, ABRSM Grades 6-8
by John Holmes
Price: 14.51

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to pass ......!, 3 July 2012
Brought on recommendation from my daughters singing teacher.....
I did lots of checking before I brought this from Amazon which was by far the cheapest especially with the free p and p
My daughter is still studying for her grade 6 so can't tell if it works yet!! However it has CDs and the text is easy to follow I believe it's a book well worth buying to aid your exam .......of course it's really down to the studying and hard graft but this can only help!

The Girls' Book: How To Be The Best At Everything
The Girls' Book: How To Be The Best At Everything
by Juliana Foster
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fun book!, 3 July 2012
This book was a present for my daughter (aged10) and she has dipped in and out of it. It's quite interesting and actually some of the things useful to know!! I think all the girls in our family have read it at some time so yes buy it we enjoyed it!!!

Riemann P20 Once a Day 10 Hours Protection SPF 20 Medium 200ml
Riemann P20 Once a Day 10 Hours Protection SPF 20 Medium 200ml
Offered by My Med Shop
Price: 15.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic !!, 3 July 2012
The best sun screen lotion we have ever used!
Although expensive this is a once a day lotion no need to reapply we use it on our children too and have no worries about it washing off in the pool
Well worth the ......I don't think you will be disappointed!

American Rust
American Rust
by Philipp Meyer
Price: 6.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoughts, 6 Feb 2012
This review is from: American Rust (Paperback)
I'm a massive fan of Americana, and bought this book blind. The reviews on the cover are awesome and probably over the top, comparisons with Macarthy and Steinbeck should not be handed out lightly.
However, this is a good book, well written with good plot lines. If this is a genre of book you enjoy then you will definitely enjoy this one.

Hills Prescription Diet C/D Feline Food Ocean Fish 1.5kg
Hills Prescription Diet C/D Feline Food Ocean Fish 1.5kg

5.0 out of 5 stars our cats worth it!, 29 Aug 2011
This is necessary for our cat who has crystals in her urine and until now have been getting from the vet(at great expense as it prescription only!) so am delighted that I can now buy on line...whoop whoop!!

KitchenAid Artisan 1.5 Litre Blender in Red
KitchenAid Artisan 1.5 Litre Blender in Red

5.0 out of 5 stars expensive but worth it!, 29 Aug 2011
This was our second Kitchen aid purchase (we have a mixer) and although a little more expensive than some blenders we are very pleased
Its a very robust sturdy machine with enough speed/chopping settings to cover everything you may be blending
cleaning is always a chore with anything for the kitchen but this will go in the dishwasher (not the motor part!)
it has a large capacity and I have blended all sorts... smoothies/soups/bread crumbs/chopped herbs....its also great if you need to mix rather than chop
it looks good in the kitchen I leave mine out all the time! my oldest daughter (13) uses it to make milk shakes so its child friendly too (under supervision!) the only thing I have found is that it is quite heavy and I think that may be a little problematic for some people...but this is also a plus because it is sturdy and robust with a heavy duty motor which wont break down!
if your worried about the weight go and see them on display in John Lewis!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4