Profile for A. Pick > Reviews

Content by A. Pick

A. Pick

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Little Book of Horses and Ponies (Usborne Little Books)
Little Book of Horses and Ponies (Usborne Little Books)
by Sarah Khan
Price: 4.79

4.0 out of 5 stars great factual pony book, 18 July 2011
My daughter(age 8) loves this book its not too technical but has enough info to be informative and helpful to the younger rider. The photos are really clear and its a well thought out and well put together little book...we would
recommend to any budding pony person!

Tilly's Pony Tails 4: Samson
Tilly's Pony Tails 4: Samson
by Pippa Funnell
Price: 3.92

5.0 out of 5 stars my daughter loves this pony book!, 18 July 2011
My daughter just loves these Tilly books she is just 8 and the content is just right for her both from the age related point of view and also for her to read to herself..... in fact when she gets the latest in the series she reads it from cover to cover......we can only recommend these stories!

Aural Training in Practice, ABRSM Grades 4 & 5, with CD: New edition
Aural Training in Practice, ABRSM Grades 4 & 5, with CD: New edition
by Nigel Scaife
Price: 14.50

4.0 out of 5 stars great!, 18 July 2011
Brought this on recommendation from a singing teacher as daughter about to take her grade 5 singing exam it did its job! and she sailed through the exam so would say its a good revision book

The Business
The Business
by Iain Banks

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 18 July 2011
This review is from: The Business (Paperback)
When I first started reading this book I really didn't want to read it! and as I read the first chapter (in a grumpy cant be bothered sort of way)I became hooked and it became one of those not putdownable reads......without giving too much away its an interesting read set in many countries with a shadowy big "business" corporation and a heroine........ by the end I really did care what happened to the characters,......try it!

Transition
Transition
by Iain M. Banks
Price: 6.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 11 April 2011
This review is from: Transition (Paperback)
My husband read this first and despite being a Banks fan really didn't like it! I read it and couldn't put it down!
I did find the characters a little confusing at first,and because he (my husband)had said he really hadn't liked the book and found the plot hard to grasp I was not really expecting too much!.......try it you may love it like me!

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Price: 1.59

5.0 out of 5 stars great read!, 11 April 2011
I had avoided this book because everyone seems to have read it,but finally decided I was missing out and brought a copy in fact brought all 3 in the series! with so many preconceptions I really didnt think I would enjoy it but once I got used to his style and got over the unusual names! I was hooked and read it in a "couldnt put it down" kind of way! the first was the best not too sure about the other 2?

Appetite
Appetite
by Nigel Slater

5.0 out of 5 stars great book!, 11 April 2011
This review is from: Appetite (Hardcover)
This is a cookery book I turn to again and again,for both everyday and supper parties he seems to cover everything!
try the chicken liver pate its really really good and really quick .....friends always comment.....it also makes for a good read I love his writing style. You wont be disappointed!

Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home
Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home
by Nigella Lawson
Price: 13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Nigella books!, 11 April 2011
I have found this a really useful book to dip into there is a really great recipe for Brownies which uses cocoa powder instead of real chocolate...ideal for when you have a last min batch to make! ( and cheaper than the 70% dark choc!)

Somewhere Down The Road
Somewhere Down The Road
Price: 12.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Somewhere down the road, 7 Dec 2010
This review is from: Somewhere Down The Road (Audio CD)
For anyone who grew up with Ralph McTells early work then this album is just like meeting an old friend, and from the first track you just know it's going to be a pleasure to listen to. Nothing revolutionary, and perhaps not some of the early social comment that were present in his early years. His guitar playing is superb and overall this is a good competent album. If you like or have previously enjoyed his work - buy it - it will not disappoint.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4