Profile for Sam > Reviews

Crucial CT128M4SSD2 128GB M4 SATA III 6Gb/s MLC 2.5 Inch Internal SSD
Crucial CT128M4SSD2 128GB M4 SATA III 6Gb/s MLC 2.5 Inch Internal SSD
Offered by CCBloomingBargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Best upgrade yet, 30 Mar. 2013
With my HDD filling up slowly and causing my PC to be slower and slower, I thought I would purchase an SSD to keep it up to speed.

I have to say, if you're looking for anything to ramp up the speed of your start-up times, certain programs/games this is the best thing you can go for. Game loading screens skip by super fast, as well as the splash screens for Windows. This has been the best upgrade to my PC yet.

Saitek ST90 Joystick (PC)
Saitek ST90 Joystick (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 10 July 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Pretty good joystick for the price, I was only looking for something cheap as I didn't want to dish out a load of money for something I hardly use.
It could do with a couple more buttons, as I have to change my TeamSpeak settings to voice detection whenever I'm in a game using it - because it doesn't have enough buttons to actually use a push to talk whilst having one for changing weapons in jets/helicopters, flares and shooting.

Haven't found a use for the acceleration buttons for ArmA II other than having pretty lights to play with. I've not used this with any other flight simulators yet, just ArmA II, flying around in jets and helicopters but it seems pretty good.

Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 PS3 Headset - EU
Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 PS3 Headset - EU
Offered by liGo

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Stunning quality, 6 Jun. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
If you want some amazing headphones for the PS3/PC then these are the ones to go for. They aren't too expensive like the PX5's or any of the ones above, but the lower price tag DOES NOT mean lower quality. These are amazing quality and I love them to bits.

The only thing I do get annoyed about sometimes is the fact I often knock the volume controls with my hand, when I've got the control attached to the bottom of my top. This is the only thing which is wrong with the P11's though and isn't that much of a nusense as you can just quickly flick the wheel to your liking before the game starts.

These are the ultimate in gaming on the PS3, unless you want to spend about 4x more for the ultimate-ultimate, but I would say these are brilliant for any average - pro gamer looking to improve their games even more. The fact you can hear people's footsteps behind you with the surround sound is amazing, and allows you to quickly turn around and kill the opponent before he even realises what's happened.

Just to clarify - the P11's come with everything you need to setup the headset. I was quite skeptical about this at first, thinking I may have to buy separate cables and things, but all you need is the headset, the L+R audio splitter cable (included) and the playstation default display cables which come with the system itself, allowing you to either use an HDMI cable you already own for video (which is what I do) or plug the Red/white/yellow cables into the TV as you normally do, with the splitter (included) splitting the cables so you get sound out the TV and the headset. Sorry if you're confused by this - but basically everything you need is in the box, and there are simple instructions on how to set it up in the box too.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2013 4:19 PM BST

Delkin Pro Pop-Up Shade for Canon EOS 50D
Delkin Pro Pop-Up Shade for Canon EOS 50D

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, quite fragile., 4 Mar. 2011
I've recently purchased this exact pop up screen shade from Jacobs digital camera store.
First off, I would like to tell you that the BIGGEST problem with this is that it is quite delicate and fragile. I was running with my camera in my hands, towards the best spot just before the sun went behind a few clouds at sunset, and I think it was just one jolt too far for this little thing.

I'd only had this screen shade for about a month or two, but what happened was one of the hooks to keep the shade on (which you can pull off easily so you don't have to take the entire shade off the camera) broke. It was only a small jolt, as I was running with the camera in my hands, not hanging and bouncing on a strap or anything like that, and it just fell off onto the path. I quickly put it into my pocket, thinking it was broken and carried on going, but when i got back i realised just one of the 4 hooks came off.

It isn't the biggest deal in the world, as it still stays on perfectly fine, but the fact it fell off that easily astounds me.

This is pretty much the only problem with it, though. The screen shade itself is a brilliant little invention which is very useful when out in the middle of the day with very bright sunlight, or with the sun high in the sky so you can't see the screen very well. The 50D's screen is glare-proof, and has I think about 3 layers of stuff on the screen to stop glare (which is why there is a blue tint on the screen) but you still do get glare on those very bright days.

It is slightly over priced for what it is, and I do not think it is very useful. In fact, I often find myself with the screen shade off and in my pocket, and just leaving the plastic part protecting the screen.
It often does get on my nerves, as I ALWAYS forget i have it on, go to have a look and review the picture i just took to see if it came out well, and find myself looking at a black piece of plastic.

Overall, I wouldn't really recommend this to a friend, or a fellow 50D user, as the 50D has brilliant coatings on the LCD to minimize glare, and doesn't really need this.
I've now taken this off as i'm a bit worried about it breaking again, even though I never use it. Although it is a good product, I personally don't think it's for me, because It is just another thing to fumble around with and slow you down (in my opinion) and I personally think it was a bit of a waste.

SNIPER-STRAP STEEL Camera Strap Black
SNIPER-STRAP STEEL Camera Strap Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 21 Jan. 2011
This strap is absolutely amazing! I love it to bits.
I've used this a lot over the past week i've had it and it's brilliant.

The main feature i like about it is the steel cable inside. It is a thin cable, and barely noticeable that it has it in there, so it adds hardly any weight, flexibility or bulk.. but it's thick enough to provide secure protection. I completely trust this cable and the fact it comes with insurance is amazing, and just goes to show how much the company cares.

I was very confused as to what strap i should buy, the Black Rapid RS-4 or this. I decided to go for this, even though not looking at nearly as many reviews online, but i now know i chose the right choice.
The "shock absorber" is great for wildlife parks when you are carrying a telephoto lens, or going up steep hills, etc.

The padding is amazing, too. And is very comfortable. If you have a wide shoulder, like i have, then the strap can be a bit uncomfortable as somebody said, because of the V shape it makes. But it isn't that bad at all and i got used to it in seconds. You could also just move it slightly, as there is a lot of padding there and it will stay wherever you want it to.

Overall, this Sun-Sniper Steel Strap (wow that's a lot of S's) is a brilliant strap and i would recommend it to anybody. Forget the price tag, as they are all like this - but this certain strap offers that steel cable which no other straps do.

Go for this strap.

Hama Star 61 Tripod
Hama Star 61 Tripod

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, shaky and Breaks easily, 4 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Hama Star 61 Tripod (Camera)
I had this for about a month, and in that month i used it TWICE on the second use, the tripod broke on me as one of the clips broke therefore making the tripod useless as i could only go to half height.

This is absolutely rubbish and i'm glad it was £10 not more than that, but i still feel ripped off with my £10

I've sent it off and asked for a refund.

IF YOU ARE READING THIS - DO NOT GET IT!! SAVE UP A BIT MORE AND GET A BETTER ONE!!!!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2010 10:01 PM BST

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Good case, although..., 20 April 2010
This is a good case - i just bought it because it was cheap and quite stylish. The only downside is that if you want to have a screen protector aswell, it is not applicable with screen protectors, it just bubbles them up as it sits very close to the screen.

+ Good case for the price
- Not applicable with screen protectors.

Fujifilm FinePix S1500 Digital Camera - Black (10MP, 12x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bridge camera by far..., 16 April 2010
This is one of the best (maybe THE best) bridge (D-SLR) camera's out on the market. It takes stunning photos and i have put some on there myself. It has an amazing zoom and brilliant pixel quality. The best starter camera you can ever buy.

It even convinced me to start taking professional photography into account!!!
Comment Comment | Permalink