Profile for AndreasE > Reviews

How To Think Straight About Psychology
How To Think Straight About Psychology
by Keith E. Stanovich

5.0 out of 5 stars Critical thinking at its best, 20 Sept. 2013
Although I am perhaps above average interested in various aspects of critical thinking, this book connects much of this understanding of science with psychology. It is perhaps hard to recommend to anyone who knows psychology and excels in critical thinking, since most of the material covered will be old news to those kinds of people, but as a student it helps connect two fields of knowledge I enjoy.
To all my fellow psychology students it is a light read with many excellent examples and some short bursts of humour that leaves you laughing out loud. A must-read.

Mogworld
Mogworld
by Yahtzee Croshaw
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Dying to be undead, 30 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Mogworld (Mass Market Paperback)
This is a book about a Wizard. Or at least a novice wizard. Did I mention he's dead?

Set in "Mogworld", an MMORPG, where no one can die. This also means no one can be born. So the main character will have to do something about that. For what ultimate goal you may ask? So that he can finally die properly...

Reading this book, I thought of Pratchett, Gaiman, Adams and more, but edgier. The jokes are brilliant and cynical, but go a bit further than the whimsical nature of the aforementioned authors. The only reason I would not read this book is if you have no foreknowledge of MMORPGs. Some knowledge is required for the pure joy of the jokes.

So to sum up: If Yahtzee writes another book I will preorder 5 years in advance. If he does not write another book I will spend my life making video games that I know will annoy him.