Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now
Profile for Gareth > Reviews

Content by Gareth

Gareth

Vtech Innotab 2 (Blue)
Vtech Innotab 2 (Blue)

4.0 out of 5 stars Inno-credible!, 2 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Vtech Innotab 2 (Blue) (Toy)
We bought three of these for our three daughters for Christmas and they absolutely love them. I looked into the Innotab 2 and also the Leapfrog Leap Pad as an alternative. What made me decide to get the Innotab 2 was the ability to add my own videos through the use of an SD card (not included). This means I can download cartoons and home movies and install them for them to watch. You get one game included which is really fun where you have to balance a tightrope walker by tilting the pad. You can also download 2 free games from the VTech Learning Lodge Store which you'll need to download on your computer. The great thing I found was that I could transfer my downloads to all three Innotabs so didn't need to purchase them for each!

Overall this is a great product and our 4 year old twins and 3 year old daughter love them. Very well made and durable. I would recommend getting a 4gb SD card if you want to add videos etc and also some rechargeable AA batteries as they run out fairly quickly. We have the Disney Brave and also the Disney Princesses game, both of which I would recommend.

Assassin's Creed: Renaissance
Assassin's Creed: Renaissance
by Oliver Bowden

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more than a video game!, 30 Mar. 2011
I truly loved reading this book. Typically, I'm not much of a book person but since I enjoyed the game so much I thought I'd give this a go and was instantly hooked. If you haven't played the game then please don't let that put you off - you don't need to know anything about the game at all to understand it. The only advantage of knowing the game is that you can easily put the faces and voices to the characters.

The story is gripping and the historical references have made me interested in looking up the real locations and events, and also asking my wife if we can visit Florence sometime to see the real place!

I also recommend the soundtrack to Assassin's Creed 2 which is available on iTunes. It's the perfect accompaniment to listen to whilst reading the book for maximum escapism!

Looking forward to reading the sequel and finding out what happens next as the climax of the book makes you eager to read more!