Profile for Mr. M. Wilson > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. Wilson

Mr. M. Wilson "Serious Film Buff & Film Maker" (UK)

Proaim 40cm S Blimp Windscreen Windshield
Proaim 40cm S Blimp Windscreen Windshield

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic, Entry Level Product. But Worth Buying., 23 Jun. 2015
Firstly, I'm a fully trained, professional filmmaker & ordered this product as I needed a blimp case & cover for my pro shotgun mic, & even though I am pleased with my purchase, I do have some issues. Firstly, the product arrived in a sturdy box & well protected, until I opened it. The whole product & accessories looked as though they had just been thrown in the box with no consideration for their well-being & if they were damaged or not.

The plastic packaging they should have placed the products in were just stuffed in the corners of the box, or crumpled on top of the product with the blimp case & accessories exposed. I was very unhappy after paying almost £100 for this. 'The fluffy dog' cover was the only thing that was packaged correctly. Not a good start if you want return custom.

Now onto the product. It is a good, but basic entry level product that will do the job you want it to do. But don't expect solid, top level workmanship as it is what it is, a basic entry level product, but please don't let that put you off. It's a good, affordable alternative to the very expensive ones.

The shotgun mic holder is made from hard plastic (as is the whole casing), but the parts that hold the mic in place are made from materials that, sturdy enough though they are, you'll still need to be gentle with as the holders have small, red elastic bands that help keep the mic from wobbling & falling out. But as I say, man-handle the inside of the product & the elastic bands WILL easily break. You have been warned!

On the plus sides it comes with lots of accessories in case you either lose, or break any of the parts & once you connect it to a boompole & added the 'fluffy dog' protector, people will think that you've paid a pretty penny to look the part of a budding film-maker.

WHY THREE STARS?

Out of 100%, I'd give it 60%.

20% is deducted from that mark down to how it was packed inside the box. Pretty shoddy to say the least as if it was a major chore to place their product into the appropriate plastic protectors (some were even ripped!).

The other 20% deducted was down to how delicate the shotgun mic holder is, in this case the little red elastic bands. I would have expected something a little sturdier for almost £100, not elastic bands.

CONCLUSION: Is it worth buying? YES & NO

YES: Just as long as you are aware that it is a basic entry level product that needs love & care, & in turn it will last you & do exactly what you want it to do. So yeah, buy it!

NO: If you intend to throw it around the place, treat it like crap & generally not care how its handled. If this is you, then it'll probably last no more than a couple of days at that. So don't buy it!

PRICE: I personally feel that at almost £100, it is pretty expensive for what it is. I'd say in the region of £65 GBP would be a fair price to pay. But hey, I needed a blimp case & cover on a budget & that's what I got.

Hope this helps you decide. :-)

BOYA® BY-PVM1000 Professional Condenser Shotgun Microphone Photography Camera Camcorder Interview Video DSLR Microphone XLR Connectors
Offered by Andoer

4.0 out of 5 stars Very VERY fast service from this excellent company. The parcel arrived very well packaged & ..., 23 Jun. 2015
Very VERY fast service from this excellent company. The parcel arrived very well packaged & I have to say, the mic is excellent. Obviously not hundreds of pounds worth of shotgun mic, but an excellent entry level for those of us who cannot afford the types used by the BBC & such. In fact, it's almost as good as those expensive shotgun mics, with the exception of a points or two such as build quality & top of the range pins etc.

When contacted, the company immediately replied back & were very helpful. It's funny that I can wait up to a week or more for a UK seller to have my parcels arrive, yet I can order this shotgun mic from Italy & it arrives in less than three days by UPS (not crappy Yodel that the majority of the UK use).

I am using this mic with a H5 Zoom broadcast quality audio recorder, a blimp case & Rode boom-pole & a full sized Panasonic Full HD on the shoulder/tripod camera for some high profile recordings which include a TV Awards Show, a show at the Royal Albert Hall & a music video for Universal, so I will update this post after the events.

Four stars because I need to test it out on the above commissions, but I would use this company again purely due to professionalism :-)

Popart [DVD] [2003]
Popart [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Pet Shop Boys

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, But DVD Skips, 28 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Popart [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I always use Zoverstocks for my products as they are very reliable. Never had any problems with them. This is the first time that a DVD I got from them doesn't play for the first 15 mins. Didn't have time to send it back as played it long after the send back date. But that won't stop me using them.

DVD is good if you like the Pets, as I do. Would recommend if your a fan

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bit Of Kit, 28 Nov. 2013
Well packaged, delivered on time. This bit of kit I wanted for my pro film camera for shooting documentaries & films etc. It doesn't come with any batteries so you'll have to spend around £20 odd pounds up to £40 odd to be able to make this work but none the less, I'm very pleased with this product.

Set it up in a very very dark room then I turned the light on and WOW, it was like the room had all the lights on!

Very very pleased with this product does exactly what I wanted it to do and the price is excellent to boot!!

Will defo use this company again 100%

Halloween III: Season of the Witch [DVD]
Halloween III: Season of the Witch [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Atkins
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars THE ONE WITH THIS COVER IS THE FULL UNRATED UNCUT VERSION, 14 Jun. 2013
<<<THIS IS THE FULL UNRATED UNCUT VERSION>>>

Order this one if your in the UK with THIS COVER...and NOT THE OTHER COVER as those other versions are CUT.

You have been warned people!!!

One of the most under-rated Horror films of the 80's. Not overtly scary, but it has atmosphere similar to the original THE FOG. damn remakes can't hold a soggy s*** soaked stick as all these originals......
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2013 1:14 AM GMT

Neewer Windows XP/Vista OS Compatible USB to MIDI Keyboard Interface Cable w/ 16 Output/Input Channels
Offered by A-SZCXTOP

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe Your Experience With Them Was Good but...., 14 Jun. 2013
I can't lie. Well I could, but I'm not going to. I ordered the product & when it finally arrived, it was the wrong product. It was in actual fact a mini USB/iPhone jack. I ordered the USB/MIDI cable. But I didn't get that.

Don't get me wrong, these guys are polite & were very helpful & sorry. but it STILL hasn't turned up so I asked for a refund which I have now got.

I was asked if I would change my review. I said I would. So I've changed my rating to TWO stars instead of ONE.

Sorry, but maybe everyone else's experience with this company was great, but mine was not. So therefore to say I would recommend this seller would mean I'd be lying to you. Although I would highly recommend starting a conversation with these guys as they are SOOOOO polite ;-))

Guerrilla TV: Low budget programme making
Guerrilla TV: Low budget programme making
by Ian Lewis

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived A Little Late But All Good, 14 Jun. 2013
There was a very large stain on the actual pages spine that wasn't mentioned on the description which was disappointing, but hey, I'm not entering it into a beauty pageant so I wasn't too worried. The stain is why I am giving the review three stars by the way. Sorry seller.

All in all a good book and I would recommend anyone interested in low budget film making to buy it.

Alesis Cable USB-MIDI
Alesis Cable USB-MIDI
Offered by Rich Tone Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived on time!, 14 Jun. 2013
Speedy delivery. Product was exactly as it was presented on Amazon.

Works straight of of the box. I have a MacBook Pro & I just plugged it in and away I go!!! just remember that if your using it on a MIDI instrument than you'll need to but a 6.5mm audio Jack to USB cable too (£14+) to be able to hear anything as I found out LoL.

Whenever Amazon are involved with delivery they never fail to impress me!

Would highly recommend this seller.