Profile for normalfornorfolk > Reviews

Europe Between the Oceans: 9000 BC-AD 1000
Europe Between the Oceans: 9000 BC-AD 1000
by Barry W. Cunliffe

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it., 24 Nov 2013
Lovely book ! Such a breadth of coverage and full of interesting and exciting hypothesis about the origins of our civilisation. Just buy it , - you'll see what I mean. Gosh, I wish there books like this when I was younger !

A History of Rome
A History of Rome
by Marcel Le Glay

1.0 out of 5 stars uninspiring, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: A History of Rome (Paperback)
If you are an enthusiast about Rome and Roman hIstory, don't buy this book. I struggled half way through and gave up, - in fact I threw it away. It is boring and legalistic. One of the most intriguing and exciting periods of human history is reduced to a knee deep ploughing through the legalistic and religious makeup of the Roman Empire. Necessary for some ; but not for me.

Daylight Silver Twist portable Lamp D33707
Daylight Silver Twist portable Lamp D33707
Offered by Daylight Lamps

1.0 out of 5 stars unstable and flimsy., 24 Nov 2013
This is a poor product and should not be endorsed by the RNIB. The base is too small and easily snaps off the large, heavy lamp, which can lead to it falling over dangerously. Not easy to open the hinged light without holding the base. I've now thrown it away and bought something cheaper from Ikea. Don't waste your money !

Paston Letters and Papers of the Fifteenth Century: Part III: Pt. 3 (Early English Text Society Supplementary Series)
by Richard Beadle

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 24 Nov 2013
There is no substitute for reading the originals; doesn't take long to get into the language and the fascination of these letters and the lives they illuminate

PhysioRoom Plantar Fasciitis Treatment Dorsal Night Splint Sleep Support - Foot Pain Relief - Aid Recovery Promote Healing Lightweight Cushion Foam Padding - Suitable Also To Treat Achilles Tendonitis Large/X-Large
Offered by PhysioRoom

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant !, 24 Nov 2013
I was sceptical before I bought this having suffered several years of sleepless nights because of pain in my ankle. From the first night of wearing it I have had no pain and a full nights sleep. O.K., its a bit clonky to wear, but that's a price I'm willing to pay to a lack of pain and a decent sleep. I also wear it during the day, for example, when I am sitting reading, because it keeps my foot in a 90 degree angle to my leg.

Fair Annie
Fair Annie

5.0 out of 5 stars Bellamy's finest !, 15 May 2010
This review is from: Fair Annie (Audio CD)
This is the finest collection that Peter ever made. He had shaken off a lot of the 'Norfolk' connection, - a bit bogus, - he was born in Bournemouth and his Norfolk accent verged on the stage-comic - and spared us his messianic urge to admire everything that Kipling ever wrote. And so we get this marvellous collection. Peter was essentially a rock and roller, - he would rather have been Little Richard or Elvis, than a folkie, but geography, ethnography and a high degree of intelligence militated against this. Instead, he put a rocket up the butt of English and American folk music. Lovely guy, much missed.