Profile for Ms.Moneypenny > Reviews

Ms.Moneypenny "MMP" (UK)

Bud Love Dove Duck
Bud Love Dove Duck

5.0 out of 5 stars A sweet little present for anyone, 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: Bud Love Dove Duck (Baby Product)
Who wouldn't want a love duck?Whether it goes into the bath with you or just sits on the side, this little duck is adorable for anyone of any age, gender, creed or race!

Robin Hood (Young Reading (Series 2))
Robin Hood (Young Reading (Series 2))
by Rob Lloyd Jones
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best in series 2!, 15 Mar 2013
My little boy (aged 5) is enamoured of this book! The story is told from the perspective of a young boy whose father is captured by the evil Sheriff of Nottingham and who then runs away to find Robin Hood to rescue his father. It really captured my son's imagination.There's plenty of swashbuckling and arrow shooting and the illustrations are very atmospheric. The only downside is that I then had to purchase a Robin Hood outfit and bow and arrow.... Oh, and a trip to Sherwood Forest is also in the offing for the summer holidays!

Titanium Bangle
Titanium Bangle
Price: 23.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautifully made item, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: Titanium Bangle (Jewellery)
This was a present for my husband who always liked to wear bangles in his youth but at a more mature age, wanted something more tasteful than the usual offerings. He really loves it: it fits perfectly; looks very stylish and expensive and happens to match perfectly with his wedding ring! It was also great value for money. You won't be disaappointed if you purchase this.

Oxford Reading Tree Traditional Tales: Level 6: Yoshi the Stonecutter (Ort Traditional Tales)
by Becca Heddle
Price: 4.83

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant story which really captures the imagination, 6 Mar 2013
My 5 year son adores being read to and is constantly asking for new stories at bedtime. This book was actually from his school's readers collection but I have since purchased it for his home library. The moral of the tale is a powerful one: be happy with what you've got and, as such, is a very good message for young children not to be constantly asking for more and more things and to appreciate what they already have!. There is a good range of vocabulary for a young child to learn and the illustrations are stunning: my son pores over them again and again.
This is by far the best of this series at Stage 6 and I would heartily recommend it.

Bud Deluxe Golf Duck
Bud Deluxe Golf Duck

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun item for a golfer with a sense of humour, 6 Mar 2013
This perfectly packaged golf duck is sure to please the golfer who has everything. My only reservation is that the colour may be seen as a bit girly for some men. It is certainly a stereotypically dressed golf duck!

Skagen Mens Ultra Slim Watch 858XLSLB With Leather Strap
Skagen Mens Ultra Slim Watch 858XLSLB With Leather Strap
Offered by Oxford W
Price: 89.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning watch!, 18 Dec 2012
My husband bought me a Skagen watch last year and I was impressed by the quality so when I was looking for an 80th birthday present for my Dad, I looked at Skagen watches first. I was not disappointed: it is beautifully slim and elegant and has a gorgeously soft, comfortable leather strap. Although it is black, it is a soft black and could be mistaken for dark brown. I cannot yet comment on its performance in telling the time but I can confirm that it looks much more expensive than it is and I'm sure my Dad will be delighted with it this weekend!

How to Use your Reading in your Essays (Palgrave Study Skills)
How to Use your Reading in your Essays (Palgrave Study Skills)
by Jeanne Godfrey

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent and very user-friendly aid to learning, 26 Nov 2012
I was very impressed by Jeanne Godfrey's book. As a teacher of academic skills, I have recommended it to all of my students. It is written in a non-academic way to be accessible to all levels and nationalities of students and has extremely useful models, examples and appendices. This book is a must for any skills teacher and any student from A-level upwards. If you want to improve your reading and writing skills, buy this book now!

Sekonda Gents Chronograph Watch 3916
Sekonda Gents Chronograph Watch 3916

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and practical watch, 5 Dec 2011
My husband loves watches and is very fussy so I was taking a risk when I chose this. I knew that he needed something he could wear every day but would look stylish and this fits the bill exactly. The discounted price was also very attractive!

Foldabrella Shelta Australia Folding Beach Umbrella (Blue/ Silver)
Foldabrella Shelta Australia Folding Beach Umbrella (Blue/ Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job, 15 July 2009
We have just returned from NE Spain where the temperatures rose to 36% on some days but we all stayed comfortably cool under this great umbrella: it really is effective. In addition, it is light and easy to carry and the brilliant design makes putting it up and down quick and easy too. A must if you have small children to protect from the sun.