Profile for Bern > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Gears of War: Anvil Gate
Gears of War: Anvil Gate

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite So Far, 30 July 2011
This is my favourite so far. I hope Karen doesn't stop, she does the GoW series justice. Can't wait to read Coalitions End!

Zombie Fallout 3  The End...
Zombie Fallout 3 The End...

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, 30 July 2011
If you're a zombie fan then don't miss the Zombie Fallout series. They are so incredibly enjoyable. Despite the title this isn't the end of the series and I'm so glad.

Zombie Fallout 3.5  Dr. Hugh Mann
Zombie Fallout 3.5 Dr. Hugh Mann

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, 30 July 2011
A short story in the Zombie Fallout series and in keeping with the other ZF stories. Don't miss it if you're a fan.

Tron Legacy [DVD]
Tron Legacy [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Sheen

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, on so many levels, 2 April 2011
This review is from: Tron Legacy [DVD] (DVD)
I was really looking forward to this movie until I heard a few bad reviews and then thought I'd avoid it. Thankfully I was on a long flight and it was showing and man was I impressed, and lucky that I'd been "forced" to watch it. The story was incredibly enjoyable and very well paced, the acting was great and as a lot of people have said - the soundtrack was outstanding. I'd recommend it to any sci-fi fans.

The Basement: serial killer thriller with a breathtaking twist
The Basement: serial killer thriller with a breathtaking twist

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Paced, Suspenseful Novel, 3 Feb. 2011
Really enjoyed the fast pace of the novel and the ongoing question I kept asking myself that is the main character the serial killer being hunted by the police. I also enjoyed how the story only had a handful of characters which seemed to fit the length of the story (which was of medium length for a novel) quite well.

Dark Hollow
Dark Hollow

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, 3 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Dark Hollow (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this novel. The characters and story were exciting and there were certain turns in the story which would be typically considered boring but the author somehow manages to spin them into something exciting and realistic - well as realistic as can be in the world created in the story.

Anyway great novel, funny, exciting, suspenseful...

Character World Peppa George Puddle Shaped Rug
Character World Peppa George Puddle Shaped Rug

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mat, 3 Feb. 2011
I bought this for one of my kids and have had it for several months and it's been great. My little one is a fan of Peppa Pig, particularly George and his dinosaur, so this rug was a great hit. It seems quite solid and robust.

Once Bitten (A thriller with bite)
Once Bitten (A thriller with bite)

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Story, Good Pacing and Twist, 3 Feb. 2011
I've read a few Stephen Leather novels, by a few I mean 3, and have enjoyed them all. I have a few minor, minor criticisms with "Once Bitten" but overall it's a great read. I don't want to nitpick it so won't go into the criticisms but would recommend it to anyone who is a fan of the genre and a fast paced novel.

Woken Furies (Takeshi Kovacs Book 3)
Woken Furies (Takeshi Kovacs Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, and Great End To The Series, 14 Jan. 2011
I've loved all of the Takeshi Kovacs novels and had very, very high hopes for this book and wasn't disappointed. The setting, the characters, the action, the surprises etc were everything that I'd hoped for. Big thanks to Richard K Morgan for writing a terrific book to end of the series. If you loved the previous two novels in this series then buy this one.

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs Combi Pack (Blu-ray + DVD) [2010] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Bill Hader
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly Enjoyable!, 27 Nov. 2010
I can't believe I didn't hear about this movie before my neighbour mentioned it. So I rented it a few weeks later and was so blown away, as were my kids, that I ordered the blu-ray.

I found myself enjoying this far more than other animated movies such as Wall-E or Finding Nemo (which are good movies in their own right).

Anyway if you like animated movies, some good fun humour and fast paced movie then don't let this one pass you by

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4