Profile for Eugene Lafcadio > Reviews

Content by Eugene Lafcadio

Eugene Lafcadio "echosnare" (Glasgow)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Honeywell HZ220E1 Square Fan Heater
Honeywell HZ220E1 Square Fan Heater

4.0 out of 5 stars An end to cold feet, I hope., 9 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had planned to use a mobile oil filled radiator to heat the "cold end" of our living room, but the missus hijacked it for the guest room for drying laundry, now that autumn is here. This wee device will be my substitute. It has pros & cons, the pros being its compact size & light weight, the variable power, and the ability to act as a cooling fan as well as a heater. Cons are only two heat settings, and a fairly short power cable. These are things I can live with with, as it is easy to use an extension cable, and I suppose I'll be able to juggle the heat & power settings to find a balance.

Vicks Personal Steam Inhaler with Two Scent Pads
Vicks Personal Steam Inhaler with Two Scent Pads

5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fresh air. (With a hint of menthol), 29 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A godsend of a device, for a sinusitis sufferer! Much more convenient than a bowl & a towel, and the water stays warmer longer. Ten minutes morning and night, and my head is clearer (& emptier, if my wife is to be believed).

(Red) <b> Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Case</b> High Quality Tough Durable Survivor Hard Rugged Shock Proof Heavy Duty Case with Back Stand Skin Case Cover& Screen Protector By i-Tronixs
Offered by i-Tronixs

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a glove, feels like a gauntlet., 29 Sept. 2015
I don't know about how it fits on other handsets, but it fits my Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 like a glove. The buttons respond as well as the handset ones, and the apertures for the camera, charger & headset are all clear, and easily accessible. I haven't used the screen protector (yet), but I did try the stylus, and although it's not something I need, it does do the trick. I am a happy customer.

"Picture Post" Album: A 50th Anniversary Collection
"Picture Post" Album: A 50th Anniversary Collection
by Robert Kee

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not Hello., 21 Sept. 2015
Simply, this is a fantastic collection of great images from Picture Post, with some nice essays on the various aspects of the magazine. My wife asked me what Picture Post was about, and the best way I could describe it was that it was like "Hello" magazine, without all the shallow people. And the tasteless décor. And real photographers. In other words, nothing like "Hello" magazine.

Brabantia Baking Gift Set with Mixing Bowl/Essential Kitchen Scales/3 Cookie Cutters - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars (Non) Slip Slidin' Away., 21 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
With "Bake-Off" season upon us, I have been elbow deep in flour, butter & the like for a few weeks, but my hand mixing bowl was a bit shallow, and had a tendency to wander across the workbench. The bowl here is nice & deep, and has a rubberised non-slip base, and it makes it easier, both hand kneading and sitting on the scale surface. as for the scales, there are pluses and minuses. They appear quite accurate, and the touch strips to change the measuring units (Inc fluid oz & Millilitres) is nice and sensitive, making switching, depending on the recipe you use, quite easy. On the minus side, the battery compartment cover seems a bit loose and flimsy, and the touch switch to activate/turn off the scales is a bit fiddly. Touching it tends to move the scales, which would probably benefit from similar non slip feet to the coating on the base for the bowl to prevent that happening. The cookie cutters are nothing special & a little small, but will be fun for kids.

Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser, 170g
Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser, 170g

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the Bee's Knees, 21 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I can't comment personally on this, as I don't use much (any) make up, so I can only comment on the missus' use. She has only used it to remove make up, and she says she doesn't need to use much to remove her usual application, and I see a difference, as getting the warpaint off doesn't take too long, and I don't have to stand bursting for a wee at the bathroom door, waiting for her to finish. So that's a big plus. Being made from natural ingredients is also an excellent point. I am told that it does remove her make up very well, and doesn't leave any oily residues.

SanDisk Extreme 32 GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card up to 90 Mbps with U3 Ratings
SanDisk Extreme 32 GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card up to 90 Mbps with U3 Ratings

5.0 out of 5 stars Quantum Leap, 21 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I upgraded to this from a Sandisk Ultra, and the read/write speeds ARE much faster. I tested it in camera by doing both HDR & Multi-Frame NR, which usually take 4-5 seconds to write to the card, and with this, it's around half of that. Transferring to the laptop using my usual Picture Motion Browser downloader also took a fraction of a second. I can't put a Mb per second figure on, but it is most definitely faster. I need to try an in camera panorama for comparison, still, but I have no doubt it will be fast.

Like It Is - Yes At The Mesa Arts Center
Like It Is - Yes At The Mesa Arts Center
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Now that it's all over and done..., 9 Sept. 2015
I find it very hard to write this review, even now, as I am still deeply saddened by the death of YES' founder, heart & soul, Chris Squire, just before the release of this set. Suffice to say, this is this incarnation of YES firing on all cylinders, playing Close To The Edge & Fragile in their entirety, with such power and passion. Even Geoffrey Downes, who is not my favourite keyboard player does a fantastic job of "being Rick Wakeman", and Jon Davidson is coming into his own now as vocalist. The core of the band, Howe, White &, of course, Squire, play out of their skins, like it was 1972-73 again. Listening to Squire thunder out The Fish, effectively for the last time, is an emotional experience, and watching on the DVD was hard, with tears welling up. It is a fitting epitaph to a giant of Progressive Music, a quiet virtuoso, who drove YES since their inception. Some have said that they would like to have seen/heard some of "Heaven & Earth", the final studio album with Squire, included, but to end his era with live performances of two of YES' greatest recordings is the way I want to remember him.

Farewell, God of Thunder.

Music For Rituals
Music For Rituals
Offered by uniqueplace-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Chuck Van Zyl is the finest exponent of Electronic Music hailing from the USA, 9 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Music For Rituals (Audio CD)
Chuck Van Zyl is the finest exponent of Electronic Music hailing from the USA, and in "Rituals", he has kept up his own incredible standards, and packaged them in a nice digi-pack of his own B&W Infra Red photographs. Beautifully hypnotic sounds & sequences, and wonderful musical invention. It is such a shame that Chuck is not more widely known, outside the world of EM. Check out his show on Starsend web radio, and hear what he is about, and then buy his music, because I know you won't be disappointed.

Arpan Multi Apperture Picture/Photo frame, Holds 12 x 6''X4'' Photos - Ideal Gift. Available in Black / White / Pink (WHITE)
Offered by Claris

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for your rogues gallery., 9 Sept. 2015
This was something we used to frame photos of our grandkids on their first family holiday, and is perfect for displaying a varirey of shots of their antics. Very easy to use, and to hang.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20