Profile for Eugene Lafcadio > Reviews

Content by Eugene Lafcadio

Eugene Lafcadio "echosnare" (Glasgow)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Linksys RE3000W Universal N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender (Ethernet, Flexible Placement, Easy Set Up, WPS)

1.0 out of 5 stars One star, because you can't give it zero, 14 Dec. 2014
Utter junk. I received this from the Vine in error, instead of a Linksys router, and all I can say is that if I had paid for this, I'd be looking for a refund. It will not connect to my laptop or router, and the helpdesk & troubleshooting is pathetic.
The only good thing to come out of it is that I know not to waste my money on Linksys products in future.

Belkin Rotating Universal In Car Air Vent Mount for Smartphone Holder with Cable Management

5.0 out of 5 stars Well thought out., 11 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great holder, easy to fit, but nice and secure, holds the phone tightly, and with the cable clip, no need to fumble around for the charger, and best of all, the swivel mount lets me use my phone in map mode horizontally, which just seems more natural to me.

Toshiba PA-1650-21 65W Adapter Battery Charger for Laptop
Toshiba PA-1650-21 65W Adapter Battery Charger for Laptop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, great service, great product., 25 Nov. 2014
My stepdaughters' power pack died last week, and I ordered this for her. Mine died the following day, so I doubled the order! Great price, speedy delivery, and two laptops back in action in no time. Very happy!

Reign of Terror: No. 1: Book of Great Victorian Horror Stories
Reign of Terror: No. 1: Book of Great Victorian Horror Stories
by Michel Parry

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic tales, Victorian chills., 25 Nov. 2014
I owned this book back in my youth, and it was one of the volumes that sparked my interest in classic ghost stories, which carries on to this day. Unfortunately, my copy was one of a number of books that disappeared in various house moves down the years. This copy, while slightly yellowed, and a little scuffed, has put back in my hands some great tales, proving that it's not the condition of the book that matters, but the words contained within.

This will now be used to transport me back through the years, on these long, dark winter nights, to relive my Victorian adventures of the 1970's...

Mitre Manto V12S Match FIFA Inspected Ball - White/Purple/Black - 5
Mitre Manto V12S Match FIFA Inspected Ball - White/Purple/Black - 5
Offered by YC Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ball, 15 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having recently got a Mitre training ball for our football mad grandson, and been very impressed by the quality, and how much he likes it, I took the chance to order this too. It is a beautifully made ball, great to look at, even if he thinks the purple bits are a bit much! We have decided to keep this one at our house, so that he always has a good ball to kick about with when he is here on sleepovers, although we did give him the choice of which one to keep here, this one or the training ball. (I think the colours swayed it!}
It was very easy to inflate, even with our wee pump.

Pinzon Everyday Cotton Double, Blue Duvet Set with 2 pillowcases
Pinzon Everyday Cotton Double, Blue Duvet Set with 2 pillowcases

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality., 15 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am reviewing this partly on the basis of a previous order of a Pinzon product that we have been very satisfied with. The quality of this set is as good as the sheet we got previously, with beautifully soft fabric, and excellent quality stitching all round.

Till We Meet Again: A Bamforth Gift Book of WW1 Postcard Images (Bamforth Gift Books)
by Bamforth & Co

5.0 out of 5 stars Poignant: Not all WW1 images are mud and death., 7 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This little book appeared on the vine just before Remembrance week, and, as someone with a love of history, and with the WW1 centenary ongoing, it seemed appropriate to see this aspect of life from 1914-18.
To the modern eye, the sentiments on the postcards me seem cloying, but when we reflect on the loss and destruction of lives, both in the field and on the home front, there seems so much more meaning. When one considers the "All over by Christmas" belief of August 1914, and the Boy's Own adventure mentality of those who volunteered, and contrast it with the losses and attrition warfare, these cards show how the buttoned up, stiff upper lip society expressed itself, both at home, and in the trenches. These images become poignant, for the insight into how absence was felt, with the knowledge that the senders and recipients might never return to their loved ones.

Mitre Primero 32P Ball - White/Navy/Silver - 5
Mitre Primero 32P Ball - White/Navy/Silver - 5
Offered by Equipe-Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 25 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Mitre Primero 32P Ball (Sports)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
With an eight year old ("I'm NEARLY nine!") football mad grandson, This will be well tested, but I confidently predict it will survive beyond Christmas. My only minor gripe is that the ball arrived deflated, hence only 4 stars, necessitating a search for a pump and needle inflator. Once inflated, which took minutes, once the pump was located, and the quality was quite apparent. It looks good, feels good in the hand, bounces well, and grandson had a great time taking "Free kicks" in our hallway, much to his grans' annoyance! Here's hoping for better weather for an outdoor test!

Cole & Mason 145 mm Brushed Chrome Oxley One Handed Pepper and Salt Mill Set, Set of 2, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality & ingenuity., 25 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very clever! Salt & pepper mills have been around for quite a while now, so why it has taken so long for someone to come up with the one handed ones eludes me! It is always a nuisance when cooking, having to put down the spoon, or whatever, to use two hands on the mill. (I always use sea salt & whole pepper when cooking, never "cooking" salt or ground pepper). As well as being ingenious, these are also very well made, very easy to use, and very attractive to look at.

Zyliss Digital Multi Timer
Zyliss Digital Multi Timer
Offered by Nextday Catering Equipment Supplies

3.0 out of 5 stars Swings and Roundabouts., 19 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A nice sized timer, with a clear read out, easily understood and used buttons, and even a built in clock. All very good so far, BUT, the build quality isn't great, with cheap looking, brittle plastic in the casing, and the buttons seem a bit flimsy. Once or twice the stop/start button has stuck, and required to be wiggled to get it back in place. The alarm sound is also a bit quiet, which means if you are out of the kitchen, you really have to take the timer with you, or you might just miss it sounding.
Swings and roundabouts, with the ease of use and the quality, but at least it works, unlike the clockwork one my grandson over wound!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20