Profile for Robin Kershaw > Reviews

Content by Robin Kershaw

Robin Kershaw (massachusetts)

The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity (Inner workbook)
The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity (Inner workbook)
by Julia Cameron

5.0 out of 5 stars A really helpful book, 14 Feb. 2006
I really love this book. I bought it years ago and it got me started on the path of following my creative career as a writer. It is a great book for working you through the emotional blocks and I loved doing the exercises. But for the next stage (the highs and lows of actually making it into a career) I've discovered a new book called Anything I Can Do You Can Do Better by Tessa Souter. Not only is it helpful, her witty style made me laugh out loud. Get them both!

Anything I Can Do... You Can Do Better: How to unlock your creative dreams and change your life
by Tessa Souter

5.0 out of 5 stars Whimsey and wisdom, 10 Feb. 2006
Anyone who has tried to build a creative career knows how hard it is to keep going: the money isn't there, the support dwindles, the highs are too brief and the lows seem to go on forever. Ms. Souter, who has seen her fair share of the "lows", has now given us "Anything I Can Do..." to help get us through it all.
Drawing from real life experiences (her own and those of others), she has composed a book packed full of advice and inspiration in a style that is both whimsical and wise. The writing feels personal - as if you are engaged in an intimate chat with the lovely lady herself.
Very enjoyable and highly recommended.