Profile for DrBThomas > Reviews

Content by DrBThomas

DrBThomas

Page: 1 | 2
Beethoven: The 9 Symphonies (DG Collectors Edition)
Beethoven: The 9 Symphonies (DG Collectors Edition)
Price: 25.63

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Von Karajan!!!, 13 Jan 2014
What else can one say. It's a digitised version of probably the greatest recording ever mafe of the entire 9 symphonies of Beethoven!

CATERPILLAR MENS PUFFA JACKET HOODED WINTER QUILTED COAT MEDIUM LARGE XL 2XL BLACK, NAVY NEW (XL, NAVY)
Offered by sport stores
Price: 79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A coat for all seasons!, 13 Jan 2014
Terrific value. This extremely warm coat has so far protected me through early morning frost and even a couple of snow showers. A great buy - especially at this price!

John Denver Anthology Easy Guitar Revised Edition Mlc
John Denver Anthology Easy Guitar Revised Edition Mlc
by John Denver
Price: 12.16

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really a 'Rocky Mountain High'!, 13 Jan 2014
I cannot fault the book I suppose since it is clearly marked 'Easy Guitar'. However - if you expect to sound like John Denver you're in for a dissapointment.

Agatha Christie's Poirot - Collection 9 [DVD]
Agatha Christie's Poirot - Collection 9 [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Suchet
Price: 13.51

5.0 out of 5 stars They were good days mon ami!, 13 Jan 2014
No self-respecting 'Poirot' fan could possible be without this collection! One can only imagine the sense of accomplishment felt by David Suchet et al. I know that I feel 'accomplished now that I have all of the Poirot cannon. Superb mes amis!

Heal Force Prince 100-A Finger Pulse Oximeter to monitor SpO2 & PR at home or anywhere
Offered by Leisure-Bargains
Price: 28.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A finger on the pulse!, 17 Oct 2013
Due to my current state of health, I have to monitor myself several times a day. This oximeter is small, light and well-made so I can carry it anywhere. It's also extremely sensitive and accurate - I tested it against the far larger (and much more expensive) model at my GP's surgery. I would recommend this to anyone suffering from COPD or any other breathing ailment. My only issue with it is that, because of my failing eyesight, the display can be a bit hard to read under certain lighting conditions.

Hilkinson 8-25x25 Straight Zoom Monocular
Hilkinson 8-25x25 Straight Zoom Monocular
Price: 39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite an eyeful!, 17 Oct 2013
Superb value for money! Excellent optics and plenty of focus adjustment (missing from many other monoculars). Having lost the sight in one eye from Diabetes, Binoculars didn't seem appropriate and the good news... This monocular gives me high quality vision with an amazing zoom range - far better than I would have got from binoculars.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as exciting as I'd hoped!, 17 Oct 2013
I suppose tha knife is 'as described' although I would have hoped for the edge to be a bit keener and the wooden handle to be a little more 'treated'. It's sturdy enough and I shouldn't really complain as it does fit the description. I do think it's expensive for what it is!

Casio WVA-470DE-2AVEF Men's Wave Ceptor Radio Controlled Watch, Solar Powered and Radio Controlled
Price: 112.70

5.0 out of 5 stars All the watch you'll ever need., 28 Aug 2013
I wanted a watch that was easy to read and accurate. This combines the accuracy of the atomic clock radio system with a lovely clear dial - with the added benefit of light charged batteries that never need maintenance or changing. All you have to do is... well, wear it!

Swan STM100RADN Radio Teasmade (discontinued by manufacturer)
Swan STM100RADN Radio Teasmade (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars New shape - old convenience, 28 Aug 2013
I haven't even seen one of these for years and decided I needed one to help me get up in the mornings. The newer design is everything the old models were and more! Good quality radio (AM/FM), large night-light and smooth new design - and all at a great 'Amazon' price. It's a pleasure to wake up again!

Bushnell 211242 Speciality 12x42 Waterproof Binoculars (Previously exclusive to Jessops, retailing at 99.95 - now EXCLUSIVE to CameraKing!)
Offered by CameraKing
Price: 59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A real bargain!, 17 Jun 2013
These binoculars were originally a 'special edition' for the Jessops chain at 99.99 and they were excellent value at that! Now, around 30% cheaper from CameraKing they are a superb buy. They are solidly made with very precise optics and the '12' times magnification is such an added bonus. This is my best buy of the year so far!

Page: 1 | 2