Profile for Kylie Harris > Reviews

Kylie Harris

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Breville VTT233 Black 4 Slice Toaster
Breville VTT233 Black 4 Slice Toaster

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, had it 7 months and no issues at all, 19 Mar. 2014
What can you say about a toaster that just works properly?

It's a nice glossy black, it looks nice on my kitchen counter, it matches my black glossy kettle, it provides me with just-right toast and has many options for more crispy toast, burned toast or back down to just slightly-warm-bread.

I bought it from Amazon themselves, so I can't comment on the current sellers offering it.

Yumi Original Women's Wonderland  Shirt Cream Size 12
Yumi Original Women's Wonderland Shirt Cream Size 12

4.0 out of 5 stars It's flowy and pretty but a little bit like PJs, 19 Mar. 2014
I like how pretty and feminine this top is, but I can't wear it without being dressed up (heels, nice pants and makeup) because otherwise it makes me look like I'm wearing some fancy PJs.

Very flattering cut, and you can choose how tight you want the waist to be with the little tie around the back, which is nice. The buttons gape a little bit when you're moving around so be sure to wear an undershirt with this one.

Fever Avebury Women's Blouse
Fever Avebury Women's Blouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, quirky and stylish top, 19 Mar. 2014
I adore this top. It was the first Fever blouse that I purchased and got me started on buying a bunch more of their awesome tops!

Very flattering cut! it's great to wear when you're having a "fat day" and don't want anything tight around your tummy, but don't want to wear a tent of a shirt either.

Fever Oklahoma Women's Shirt Port Size 12
Fever Oklahoma Women's Shirt Port Size 12

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, sophisticated blouse, 19 Mar. 2014
This top is really lovely on. It sits nicely, is very feminine and flattering and it comes with a little undershirt in the perfect colour so you needn't worry about which bra you wear with it.

I got a lot of compliments at work when I wore this top!

Lovestruck Hazel Women's Shirt Black Medium/Large
Lovestruck Hazel Women's Shirt Black Medium/Large

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly box-like shape, 19 Mar. 2014
To start with, I absolutely ADORE the pattern on this shirt and I am keeping it and will wear it. However, it's not the most flattering fit if you have wide hips and softer arms (not slim or muscled), the shirt doesn't really gather at the waist so you lose all definition of your shape.

I would certainly recommend this top for slimmer women, or those with more muscular arms.

Cyclax Apricot Facial Scrub 300ml
Cyclax Apricot Facial Scrub 300ml

1.0 out of 5 stars Threw away half the tub as it was going off., 25 Jan. 2014
I bought this product because I was unable to find St Ives apricot scrub with affordable shipping to the Netherlands. I had hoped it would be a suitable replacement, but sadly, it was nothing like it.

This mixture is very runny and it smells strange. I normally like scrubs to smell fruity but subtle, however this product just smelled a bit weird. Possibly because it is all-natural? (It may not be all-natural, I don't actually know), so perhaps for some people this would be a plus, but for me it just felt like I was rubbing watery goo and sand on my face, instead of cleaning it with a nice-smelling product.

After a few tries, I decided to use this on my body instead, as I couldn't stand the smell on my face. The grains are too few and the product is too gooey, so in the end I gave up on using it for that purpose either.

It sat in my bathroom cabinet, occasionally being used when I ran out of body scrub, and eventually it went bad so I threw it away. I'd recommend paying a little more for the real deal. At the moment, I just get my mum to send me St Ives via post.

Philips HR7761/01 750W Kitchen Food Processor including 2.1L Bowl and Accessories for + 28 functions

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little machine, plenty of options, 25 Jan. 2014
This machine gets used at least once per day in our household. Whether it be the blender, for making smoothies (which it is excellent at!) or the food processor for dicing onions, tomatos and garlic into a tasy mix.

Honestly, we've never used the minichopper and I'm not entirely sure what it's for. Nor have we used all of the different blades. So perhaps there is even too many options for our needs - but it's nice to have options.

It misses out on 5-stars, purely because our "head chef" has been spoiled by access to professional food processors in the past and often we find that things are unevenly diced, or occasionally you have to give it a shake to make sure everything is falling into the blades.

It's VERY easy to clean, and can often be cleaned entirely by rinsing with piping hot water to remove the "bits" and then popping it straight into the dish washer. Or, if you don't have a dish washer, I'd say rinsing it with piping hot water, and giving it a pulse or two with some dishsoap inside, before a second rinse of hot water.

Vico Litter Tray, with Dome - Purple / Lilac 40 × 40 × 56 cm
Vico Litter Tray, with Dome - Purple / Lilac 40 × 40 × 56 cm
Offered by Pet Connection

5.0 out of 5 stars HUGE litter box, plenty of space for my big tom., 25 Jan. 2014
My cat is "festively plump" and doesn't like to use a box where he doesn't have enough space to move around a select the appropriate place to do his business.

In his old litter box, he could only really turn around. This lead to much turning around and fussing about and knocking into the walls of the box, until we removed the lid. Which then lead to him accidentally/on purpose doing his business over the side of the litter box onto the floor.

So, a bigger box was purchased. This box.

It's purple, which I love. It's spacious, which he loves. and he can now go in, select the ideal spot, do his thing and get out. No more hassles.

The only "con" is that the shape of the front of the box (it's at a big of an angle, getting wider at the bottom) means the clear flap hangs slightly inside the box.

Bob Martin Anti-Bacterial Litter Crystals 4.2 Lt
Bob Martin Anti-Bacterial Litter Crystals 4.2 Lt

5.0 out of 5 stars I have entirely converted to crystal kitty litter because of this product., 25 Jan. 2014
One of my kitties has a problem with loose stools if he ever gets into anything that's not his regular food. If someone leaves a plate on the kitchen counter, or a cup of tea sitting around, he WILL get into it and he WILL have loose stools. Which is nightmarish to clean. This litter will turn his stools into little mummified clumps that I can easily remove without there being mess all through the box and all over the scoop.

Previously, I would have to throw out the whole tray of litter if he did one of his nightmare-poops so this litter is saving us a fair bit of money in the long run.

I do not agree that this prevents all odors. In my opinion, if you have cats who use an indoor litter box, there will always be some odor and all you can do is to make sure to scoop it daily, and change it entirely every few weeks. I have noticed the odor from cat urine is lessened slightly with this product, but purely because it is dried up quickly. If you leave it too long before replacing the litter, you will get that cat-urine smell back.

Steepletone SRP025 2 Speed Record Player with Detachable Speaker - Blue
Steepletone SRP025 2 Speed Record Player with Detachable Speaker - Blue
Offered by Digitalis Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not work properly, 25 Jan. 2014
I'm not sure if it's because I'm in the Netherlands and the power supply here is different, or if the product was simply faulty, but when we turned it on at a reasonable volume it would play for 2 seconds, stop, play for 2 seconds, stop, constantly! We turned it down to a whisper (you could only hear it in the same room as the player) and managed to get a steady play-through of the vinyl.

We tried this with two brand new vinyls, and we made sure to test a few different power points. No luck. Either the power supply in Netherlands is too low, or the player is just faulty. We returned the product to Amazon who were excellent and gave us a prompt refund.

It seems like some people are having a lot of luck with this player, and others (like us) are having none at all. So it looks like a bit of a lottery whether you'll get a faulty machine or not. Luckily, the return policy is excellent and it looks like the Steepletone warranty is excellent too, so it's a really low-risk purchase. But if, (like me) you want it for a present for someone else, it might be better to go with something else to avoid that birthday disappointment.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4