Profile for A Smile and a Wave > Reviews

HP Standard Sleeve for 15.6 inch - White
HP Standard Sleeve for 15.6 inch - White

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent cover, 27 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I quite like the look of this laptop sleeve from HP; the fabric exterior is bright white and initially I had some reservations about it staying clean but so far I have to say that has remained unmarked. It is also quite thick so along with the furry lined interior it offers reasonable protection to the contents too. I find that it holds my laptop well and although it doesn't offer a lot of additional storage space there is some room for smaller accessories in the front pocket. The zipper handle itself is metal but the zipper track is plastic which hasn't scratched my laptop but I'd have preferred a fabric lining cover on the inside to separate the zip from the laptop as I have seen on other cases. On the whole I think this is a decent case and I am happy with it.

Rolson Self Retracting Utility Knife
Rolson Self Retracting Utility Knife

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 27 May 2015
I bought this handy utility knife as a filler item - it looked like a useful tool and it didn't cost a fortune. On the whole I have been pleased with it and can say that I recommend it - it comes with three new blades and works perfectly well. However, my intentions are not to use it for anything too demanding because of the plastic blade-holder inside the knife. Despite the outer body being cast metal the internal plastic is going to be the weak-spot in my view since that's the part which the blade clips into and over time I suspect it will fail. However, for the money I still think that it has been a good purchase.

Rolson 10021 8oz Stubby Ball Pein Hammer
Rolson 10021 8oz Stubby Ball Pein Hammer

5.0 out of 5 stars A handy hammer, 27 May 2015
There have been times in the past when I've needed to use a hammer in a tight space and found that my normal ones are too awkward to use due to the long handles. I've since bought two of these stubby hammers from Rolson and have to say that I'm very pleased with them. They still have a bit of weight to them at 8oz but the handles are short enough that I can use them in places that a full-sized one would never fit. The handles are very grippy too and the tool certainly looks very well-made for the price.

Hallmark Large 3D Traditional Wedding Card
Hallmark Large 3D Traditional Wedding Card

4.0 out of 5 stars Four stars, 27 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a smartly presented greetings card for a wedding. The card itself is a cream colour with a heart-shaped 3D attachment on the front and an appropriate message is spread across three internal pages of the card. When I first saw the card I was a little underwhelmed by it, having expected something a bit more substantial. However, my wife also looked at the card and straight away she thought that it was very nice and in her words was "lovely". To be fair it is a nice-looking card and I'm sure that any recipients will be very pleased by it, but personally I think that it doesn't quite justify a five-star rating.

Super Strong Premium Tempered Glass Film Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000 N9005
Offered by MI-EShop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 May 2015
This has to be the absolute best screen protector that I have ever used or seen. Not only did it go on incredibly easily with no bubbles but it has stayed in place ever since without any problems. Several people have looked at my phone and not even realised there is a screen protector in place until I have told them. There doesn't appear to be any loss of clarity in the screen when using this protector either. I also like the fact that it arrived with a small cloth and alcohol wipe to ensure that the phone was clean before fitting it, and the fit is perfect even when using my Spigen Slim Armor case.

Little Book of Clarity: A Quick Guide to Focus and Declutter Your Mind
Little Book of Clarity: A Quick Guide to Focus and Declutter Your Mind
by Jamie Smart

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I had hoped for, 5 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Whilst reading the Little Book of Clarity I found myself agreeing with a lot of the comments that the author made about the way we tend to think today, and how our minds can become clouded. I also found myself thinking that a lot of what he says is common-sense so although the points he makes are valid I'm not sure of the value of the book since it doesn't seem to offer anything that I didn't already know. It is an easy to read, compact book that is nicely laid out in accessible chapters and it is not as preachy as some self-help books that I have read, but it is still in the typical vein of that style of book which I found off-putting. Whilst I'm glad that I have read it, I don't think it is the cure-all that the publisher's blurb suggests it to be. One section near the beginning of the book states that some readers might not see the benefits of studying it until many months later and if I am one of them then I promise to revisit this review and update it accordingly. However, in the meantime I cannot recommend it as anything more than an average self-help book.

Heritage Sterling Silver and Amethyst Celtic Trio Knot Necklace of Length 45.7cm

4.0 out of 5 stars A pretty necklace, 5 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Sterling silver necklace from Heritage has a matching set of earrings available Heritage Sterling Silver and Amethyst Celtic Trio Knot Drop Earrings which feature the same design. On the necklace the actual pendant is around 20mm in length and features a teardrop shaped amethyst below a pretty Celtic Trio Knot design. The chain is very slim and has a standard necklace fastener which is not adjustable, with a length of 47cm (around 18 inches). It is a nice, delicate looking necklace which comes in a smart Heritage branded presentation box and I think that the colour of the stone complements both the metal and the design. It is more delicate in the hand than I had imagined from the photograph on the website but it is a pretty necklace.

Jungle Formula Mosquito Killer Plug In Refill - 35 ml
Jungle Formula Mosquito Killer Plug In Refill - 35 ml
Offered by Home of Health

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective refill, 2 May 2015
I purchased this refill to use with the Jungle Formula Plug In & Refill Insect Killer which I had previously bought and used successfully. Although the original bottle lasted a lot longer than I had expected this refill will enable me to use it again when I go away this year. Jungle formula has proven to keep unwanted bites to a minimum at times when I would otherwise be bothered by insects. I had it through the Amazon Marketplace seller MDC Direct and their service was very good.

SELF ADHESIVE FOAM WEATHER STRIP 2 PACK WINDOWS/ DOORS
SELF ADHESIVE FOAM WEATHER STRIP 2 PACK WINDOWS/ DOORS
Offered by BUDGET SHOP LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 2 May 2015
I bought this product primarily for use on some internal doors which rattled when there was a draught and the idea was to take out the movement in the door. It proved to be very easy to fit with a non-stick liner on one side of the tape which peeled back to reveal the adhesive and within minutes the job was complete. It’s worth noting that although the foam does compress it is quite thick and in some parts wouldn’t squeeze thin enough for the door to shut properly. That did mean removing some sections of the tape but the job was still completed satisfactorily. Where it was removed the adhesive proved to be a little difficult to lift off but it did not leave any stains or marks. I bought mine through the Amazon Marketplace seller called Home Star Supplies Ltd.

Happy Birthday (Coloured Balloons) - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher
Happy Birthday (Coloured Balloons) - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher

5.0 out of 5 stars Always welcome, 2 May 2015
I've bought a number of these Amazon e-certificates at times when I either didn't know what to buy for a gift, or when it simply wasn't practical to buy a physical item. I found the process to be straightforward and liked that I was able to choose when the certificates would be received. I even got an email on the day to say that the e-certificate had been sent. In my experience an Amazon voucher has always been welcome.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20