Profile for A Smile and a Wave > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 278

A Smile and a Wave (UK)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Office 2016 at Work For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))
Office 2016 at Work For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))
by Faithe Wempen

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent guide to Office 2016, 3 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I use Microsoft Office every day both at home and at work, and recently upgraded to the 2016 version. This book goes a long way to guiding through the new software and to be fair it does a pretty good job of it. It is nicely presented in the new smaller format but still includes plenty of information, as you’d expect from the Dummies guides. One thing that is fairly new to the range is the use of online video guides which are accessed by entering the unique code inside the book. It’s simple to create an account and register the supplied code, and you can then access the various training videos which accompany the book.

The book itself is well laid-out and fairly comprehensive in the use of the most common elements of the Office suite of programs, which are Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint. It is aimed at a starter to intermediate level rather than expert so if you’re looking for more in-depth guides then I suggest trying the individual guides such as Excel 2016 For Dummies (Excel for Dummies). Those who are already well versed in using Office 2013 probably won’t find much in this guide that they don’t already know but others coming from older versions could well learn a few things. I like Office 2016 quite a lot, and I think that this guide is also very good. As usual, the Dummies brand has come up with the goods.

Brennenstuhl MZ20 24 hr Timer
Brennenstuhl MZ20 24 hr Timer

4.0 out of 5 stars A good choice, 3 Feb. 2016
I bought three of these timers almost two years ago and have regularly used them since for various purposes. They operate reasonably quietly and very reliably, and are fairly straightforward to use giving the ability to switch power on/off in gaps as small as 15 minutes. They also keep time quite well which is important when they are being left for a long period, and the only thing they don’t take account of is a power cut as it will simply restart when power is restored, ignoring the time without power. I like the fact that they can handle up to 13A which is more than some other models that I have tried, and they are also quite well made. I had no experience of this brand until I bought these timers but was so impressed that I’m going to get some more of them.

Targus TSS594EU City Smart Slipcase fits 14 - 15.6 inch laptops - Black
Targus TSS594EU City Smart Slipcase fits 14 - 15.6 inch laptops - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars This could be a good choice, 31 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This slipcase from Targus is more along the functional line rather than luxurious. It does a good job of providing decent storage or transport for a laptop and some accessories, although it is missing some of the fancier touches you’d see in a more expensive bag such as soft, plush linings and lots of padding. There are plenty of zipped and Velcro pockets for storing USB drives, small cables, papers etc, but not really enough to cope with a transformer and 3-pin plug comfortably. The case itself is labelled is being size 16” but is marketed for laptops between 14” and 15.6”. I have been using it with two different 15.6” models – one is older and so thicker and heavier, and that fits into this case like a hand in a glove. The newer laptop has the same screen size but is a lot thinner and lighter so needs less room in the case, and the cover actually feels a little too big for it. The build quality is reasonable, with some nice touches such as comfortable carry-handles, strong stitching and a detachable shoulder strap. There is some padding to the sides of the bag but unfortunately not at the top or bottom, and the material is hard wearing but does feel quite basic. For anyone in need of a simple but reasonably smart carrying case for their laptop without spending a lot of money then this could be a very good choice. For those who either have more cash to spend, or need something more than light protection from bumps then I suggest looking elsewhere.

Cranium Party Board Game
Cranium Party Board Game
Offered by Leisurezone

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, 30 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Cranium Party Board Game (Toy)
We went away with friends recently and played quite a few different board games. Cranium was one that none of us had tried before but proved to be the most popular of all of them thanks to being fairly simple to play, not too long but still very entertaining. From reading other reviews it seems that there is a bigger version which might actually be better, but with no knowledge of that I can only say that this set worked out very well for us. So long as you aren't expecting a full-sized game then I can recommend this one highly.

Paul Lamond Don't Scramble the Egg Game
Paul Lamond Don't Scramble the Egg Game

5.0 out of 5 stars A favourite, 30 Jan. 2016
I hadn’t heard of this game until I was given it by a friend recently. It is similar to another game which we’d played called ‘Pass the Bomb’ but the difference here is that an electronic egg is passed around as answers are given, rather than a ‘bomb’. The game itself is very good fun, and some of the themes aren’t as easy as you’d think - only 50 cards provided in the set but if it ever gets to the stage that we tire of them then it won’t be hard to produce more of our own. It’s worth noting that the egg requires 2xAAA batteries which aren’t included in the set. We’ve played quite a few different board games over the past month and this is definitely one of the better ones.

BB Skin Perfecting Cream by Clarins 01 Light SPF25 45ml
BB Skin Perfecting Cream by Clarins 01 Light SPF25 45ml
Offered by Beauty Store Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 30 Jan. 2016
This BB cream from Clarins is my favourite; I have tried a number of them from various manufacturers but this ’01 Light’ version remains my first choice. It is easy to apply, feels good and looks excellent on my skin. It gives good coverage and a natural look which copes perfectly with blemishes and I highly recommend it.

Maybelline Bronzer Dream Bronze Trop, Bronzed Topics
Maybelline Bronzer Dream Bronze Trop, Bronzed Topics

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives a pleasant, natural effect, 30 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are two elements to this range of sun-bronzing powders which are designed to be mixed and used together, rather than separately. Using a brush I find that this gives a pleasant, natural effect and it can be mixed according to taste or where it is being used. The texture is just right and only a small amount is needed to achieve a great look. I have tried both the Golden and Bronzed versions and like them both, with the latter being the darker of the pair. I like that the effect lasts all day and that there’s no need to top-up and I haven’t noted any bad points with the actual product, although the packaging is nothing fancy.

L'Oreal Paris True Match Powder W3 - 9 g, Golden Beige
L'Oreal Paris True Match Powder W3 - 9 g, Golden Beige

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This powder from L’Oréal is available in a good range of colours and the idea is to find one which matches your skin tone. It is well presented in a nice, easy to open compact which includes a mirror and small applicator in the lower compartment. The powder itself is soft and light and delivers very good results; I find that it goes on very easily, looks great and I’m very impressed with it.

Maybelline Fit Me 2-In-1 Anti-Shine 9 g Shade 315
Maybelline Fit Me 2-In-1 Anti-Shine 9 g Shade 315
Offered by Direct Cosmetics

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed opinions, 30 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I hadn’t used a product like this before but was pleased by its anti-shine effect. It looks like a lipstick but has the effect of a long-lasting matte foundation. My opinion of it is a little divided as although it’s good for preventing shine it is a little too powdery for my own taste and I probably won’t choose it again in the future.

Maybelline Dream Terra Sun Bronzer Blonde 16 g
Maybelline Dream Terra Sun Bronzer Blonde 16 g
Offered by NailPolishDirect

1.0 out of 5 stars Messy, 30 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been very disappointed by this bronzing powder from Maybelline. It was cracked when I received it and after only a couple of uses it has broken up so much that it can’t really be used any further. The idea of a triple tone bronzing powder is good but in practice it looks like the packaging or manufacture aren't good enough to prevent it rapidly becoming messy and difficult to use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20