Profile for A Smile and a Wave > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 177

A Smile and a Wave (UK)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
ASUS RP-AC68U AC1900  USB 3.0 Range Extender with 5 Gigabit Ports Signal Indicator/Repeater Mode/Access Point Mode/Media Bridge Mode/4K Video Playback
ASUS RP-AC68U AC1900 USB 3.0 Range Extender with 5 Gigabit Ports Signal Indicator/Repeater Mode/Access Point Mode/Media Bridge Mode/4K Video Playback
Offered by Kikatek

4.0 out of 5 stars A better choice, 19 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like this unit from Asus. To simply call it a range extender is a bit of an insult but in essence that’s what it is, although with added functionality and performance. In the photographs this item looks quite big but in fact it’s not and it fits quite comfortably in place for me. Setting it up was straightforward and has the option of WPS which I know is not everyone’s cup of tea but it does offer a very simple way of connecting devices wirelessly. In typical Asus fashion it has behaved very well with good, stable performance; I’ve got it set up with my Asus RT-AC68U router and find that they work well together. I’ve mostly used in as an Access Point as I’m lucky enough to have a cable run as part of my network, but have also used it wirelessly at which point I found the built-in signal strength indicators to be very helpful. I am well used to Asus routers and other equipment so found their familiar interface a welcome sight, but even those who have never used it before should find it quite useable and I do prefer it to some others I have used. There’s no need to go delving in too deeply if you don’t want to, but there are functions available if you do. I can also confirm that Asus are pretty good at issuing updated firmware for their kit which I find reassuring these days with so many security problems as I know that if any bugs are identified then at least they are likely to be addressed properly. Do you really need to buy one? That all depends on whether you’re after the best network you can set up, with the fastest performance. If you’re not then there are cheaper alternatives but for me this is definitely a better choice.

Snug Ultrasoft Flat Sheet, Percale, 180 Thread Count - Double, White
Snug Ultrasoft Flat Sheet, Percale, 180 Thread Count - Double, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 19 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This flat sheet from the Snug brand is part of their Ultrasoft range and feels just as soft as other high quality sheets that I have bought in the past. I was interested to note that it is recommended by the Good housekeeping Institute, and as it is 40% polyester I expect it to be a hard-wearing product. It is perfectly sized (I have double-bed size) and washes very well so I have no reservations in recommending it.

Rapesco Stapler - X5-Mini Less Effort, White.
Rapesco Stapler - X5-Mini Less Effort, White.

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This less-effort stapler has a very attractive glossy white finish and is easy to use in every way. Loading it is simple (just pull back the handle and the staples fit inside the reservoir), and thanks to the design it does take less effort to fasten things together. I’ve been using it with 26/6mm staples which are ideal for most documents, and I like that there is a staple remover tool on the rear of the stapler. It’s well made and even has a fifteen year warranty which shows a fair amount of faith by the manufacturer. This range of staplers comes in different colours and also a bigger size Rapesco X5-25ps Less Effort Stapler - White which works in the same way but has a smaller stapling capacity.

Rapesco X5-25ps Less Effort Stapler - Pink
Rapesco X5-25ps Less Effort Stapler - Pink

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This less-effort stapler has a very attractive glossy pink finish and is easy to use in every way. Loading it is simple (just pull back the handle and a whole strip of staples fits inside the reservoir), and thanks to the design it does take less effort to fasten things together. I’ve been using it with 26/6mm staples which are ideal for most documents and the shaping anvil also turns so that the finished staple can be used facing in or out. It’s well made too and even has a fifteen year warranty which shows a fair amount of faith by the manufacturer. This range of staplers comes in different colours and also a smaller size Rapesco Stapler - X5-Mini Less Effort, Candy Pink which works in the same way but has a smaller stapling capacity.

Rapesco X5-25ps Less Effort Stapler - White
Rapesco X5-25ps Less Effort Stapler - White

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This less-effort stapler has a very attractive glossy white finish and is easy to use in every way. Loading it is simple (just pull back the handle and a whole strip of staples fits inside the reservoir), and thanks to the design it does take less effort to fasten things together. I’ve been using it with 26/6mm staples which are ideal for most documents and the shaping anvil also turns so that the finished staple can be used facing in or out. It’s well made too and even has a fifteen year warranty which shows a fair amount of faith by the manufacturer. This range of staplers comes in different colours and also a smaller size Rapesco Stapler - X5-Mini Less Effort, Candy Pink which works in the same way but has a smaller stapling capacity.

Rapesco Eco Stapler Tacker Recycled Material, Uses Staples 13 and 53/4-8 mm - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for use in the home or for light duties in an office or workshop environment, 16 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This staple tacker from Rapesco is quite nicely sized and not as large or heavy as other tackers of this type. I’ve used it with 13/6mm staples and find that it works well on display boards and with soft wood in general, driving the staples fully home but without damaging the surface I’ve used it on. I like that it has a three year warranty and that it is quite a tough tool even though it has ‘eco’ credentials thanks to being made from recycled plastic. However, I don’t find the handle lock mechanism to be particularly good. Actually, when I first used the tool I hadn’t referred to the instructions and couldn’t identify the way to unlock it. There is an illustration on the stapler itself which shows the way it can be locked and unlocked but that is very unhelpfully situated right underneath the handle. It’s simple to load and use apart from the handle lock being quite stiff, and has good tacking results.I’d say that it is great for use in the home or for light duties in an office or workshop environment.

Salter Add and Weigh Kitchen Jug Scale
Salter Add and Weigh Kitchen Jug Scale

3.0 out of 5 stars Second place, 11 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are things to like about this jug scale. It’s quite attractive to look at, it’s fairly simple to use and it doesn’t need batteries. It’s also quite easy to store away as the scale section turns over and sits inside the top of the jug for safe keeping. However, there are a couple of things which spoil it for me such as the scale itself. For example I find it tricky to read the dial especially in poorer light, and certainly in comparison with my battery-powered digital scales which are very clear. In terms of accuracy it is broadly quite good but again it can’t compete with the digital alternative. There’s definitely a use for products such as this, but when it comes to scales in my kitchen this set takes second place.

Rapesco A4+ Expanding File - 13 Compartments - Blue
Rapesco A4+ Expanding File - 13 Compartments - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Expanding file, 11 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For some years I have been using these plastic expanding files, in various designs. One advantage of the concertina design in this one from Rapesco is the flexibility of each compartment which means that it’s possible to have some sections fuller than others. However, a small niggle for me is that the design also means there’s an open bottom between the compartments so you have to remember not to drop little things into them and expect them to stay there (paperclips etc). However, I like that each of the thirteen compartments has an identification tag that can be labelled with the supplied cards making it easier to find your papers. I definitely find that it’s worth having some way to keep the binders closed and this one has a bush-button clasp for that purpose, which works well. My own binder differs slightly from that shown in the photograph as the clasp sits only an inch or so from the bottom. The product seems to be well-made and I haven’t noticed any issues with it so far despite filling it with both documents and magazines.

AeroPress Filter Papers, Pack of 350, White
AeroPress Filter Papers, Pack of 350, White

4.0 out of 5 stars One pack goes quite a long way, 11 July 2016
I have been using my Aeropress for some time now, and I am just as happy as when I first bought it. There was a supply of these filters already with mine but I have since bought another pack to replace them. One pack goes quite a long way, especially since they are reusable and I generally find that I use one filter paper for at least two mugs of coffee.

3M 9922 Speciality Particulate Respirator - Blue (2-Piece)
3M 9922 Speciality Particulate Respirator - Blue (2-Piece)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good choice, 11 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These masks from 3M are very well made and are comfortable to wear over long periods, probably made better by the simple flap valve on the front of the mask which allows warm breath to be expelled directly rather than through the mask itself. Some other masks that I have used have had their own odours, but I was pleased to find that these masks don’t smell of anything. It’s worth noting that there’s an expiry date on the packet, but mine was over two and a half years later than the time of receipt so there’s plenty of time to use them. I’ve used cheaper masks and whilst they have (mostly) been usable I do think these are a better bet. You may only get one chance to stay healthy and for the sake of a few pounds I know where my choice is going to be in the future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20