Profile for Steff > Reviews

Content by Steff

Steff

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Samsung Smart Home Camera: Full HD 1080P Indoor Security Camera, CCTV, Baby Monitor, Night Vision, Two-Way Audio, Motion Detect (SNH-P-6410/UK)

2.0 out of 5 stars This USED to be a good product, 13 Feb. 2016
I purchased this product in January 2015 and at the beginning I was pretty happy with it and would've given it four stars. However Samsung seem to go backwards every time they release an update to the accompanying app. Previously the app would work fine but now it fails to access the recordings on the device you have to access recordings via a PC (it's not just me, everybody who reviews the app say the same thing). Also really basic items like portrait to landscape mode don't seem to function properly. It seems the people who develop an update the app that is so vital to this product seem to be incompetent quite frankly. Every time there is an update I hope all the problems will be fixed but instead new ones arise it seems quite incredulous. I think Samsung should be completely ashamed of themselves and they should sack the people who develop this app. If I had purchased this item would be at as it currently is I would actually send it back because it's not fit for purpose. The bottom line is the product is great but you're completely dependent on some sun for the software to use it and that's where it all falls down which is such a shame because this could be a brilliant simple camera. Also on the last update they managed to somehow change the exposure of the camera so I get a lot of whiting out of the picture which means things cannot be seen clearly it's ridiculous because at night I need the same settings as during the day it's far too exposed. So the bottom line is he can either configure this camera for day use or night use but not optimally for both, the insane part is that it used to be fine, again another brilliant update from Samsung.

6pcs G9 dimmable LED light,G9 LED Light bulb 6W Cool white,70X3014 SMD LEDs AC200-240V 570lumens
Offered by mumeng

1.0 out of 5 stars Money down the drain, 20 Oct. 2015
Basically plugged these in and my dimmer made a buzzing noise, with the lights flickering up and down. I phoned my electrician who told me GU10 bulbs that are dim able are completely hit and miss and was the reason you won't find the high end manufacturers producing dim able versions. For those who are interested I have a Crabtree remote nickel plated dimmer.
To add insult to injury the light fitting got damaged while I was taking this product out again.
Delivery was on the slow boat from China too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2015 8:11 AM GMT

Joseph Joseph Index Advance Chopping Board Set, Discontinued - Silver
Joseph Joseph Index Advance Chopping Board Set, Discontinued - Silver
Offered by MMP Living

1.0 out of 5 stars Tiny, Tiny, Tiny, 26 May 2015
I had purchased a set of these boards about a year ago, but the original boards had silver tabs on ends that the dishwasher was eating away, plus the boards were starting to look pretty worn. So thought it was time to change. I had no idea that they had changed the size of these, they are insanely tiny. I'm not sure what the designers were thinking, but these are way too small.

HDMI V1.3 HDTV to Component YPbPr Converter 1080P Adapter with Analogue Audio
HDMI V1.3 HDTV to Component YPbPr Converter 1080P Adapter with Analogue Audio
Offered by CDL Micro

1.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Work With SlingBox, 6 May 2015
I installed this product to use with a Slingbox. When I initially installed it, I saw the picture come up on the TV and all looked fine. However I went to another room and turned on my SlingPlayer to find the image was what I could best describe as scrambled. Then tried another room to also find the signal scrambled. Given the picture on the TV was fine I thought it was my SlingBox 350, so I dug out the SlingBox Pro and spent 20 minutes setting it up and trying different cables to find I had the same problem.
I contacted the seller and it was a known problem and they refunded me as soon as I returned it. I therefore suggested updating the product posting given I can see someone else had the same issue (I wish I had read the review). That was back in March 2015, it's now May 2015 and nothing has been updated.
So as far as I'm concerned this product is not fit for purpose as I'm guessing SlingBox signal conversion must be one key reason people would buy this.
The only plus side is this item seems to stay cool, which is the one reason I was replacing my old converter.

3M 9088 Double-Sided High Performance Clear Tape; 12mm x 50m
3M 9088 Double-Sided High Performance Clear Tape; 12mm x 50m
Offered by William Hayes Tapes & Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, Virtually Invisible - Great Product, 6 May 2015
I purchased this item to bind an electrical wire to follow a route along a car (glass, various plastics and soft materials), so came across a variety of surfaces. This was truly incredible, it was strong, quick to tack onto most surfaces and the real bonus is it's almost invisible. The only surface I had trouble with was a textured car plastic that was slightly flexible that had just been covered with an AutoGlym protective coating too, so the surface appears almost slightly oily. But it's the nature of the surface rather than the product itself, as it's much better than I could of hoped for. Also, there is a lot of this tape, it's going to last me a good while. I was drawn to this product as 3M (in my experience) have always produced good quality products and this is no exception. One thing I was wondering is if this tape is thick, but it's not, it's incredibly thin, it almost resembles a layer of film, but it's strength is beyond what you would expect for the level of thickness.

Gardman Steel Nyger Seed Feeder - Black
Gardman Steel Nyger Seed Feeder - Black
Offered by Garden Selections

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply Doesn't Work, 17 April 2015
Simply doesn't work, the holes were too small for the seeds to come out, so made larger holes with the drill and the birds still don't feed from it. Decided to go for another Nyger seed feeder and have no problems. It's unusual because I typically only buy Gardman products for bird feeding, but this just doesn't work. I am not quite sure why, perhaps it's the position of the perch to where the holes are.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2015 6:09 PM GMT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible but no alternative, 9 April 2015
I'm now on my third cover, and the corners rip, the zips tear apart, everything about this cover is a joke. And for the price paid it's unacceptable. After the second cover broke I tried to look for alternatives but there are none out there! The generic covers just aren't suitable. I wish someone from Suntime would wake up and produce something that is as good as the original product that needs protecting.

Night Hawk 12.7w LED Low Energy Floodlight And PIR
Night Hawk 12.7w LED Low Energy Floodlight And PIR

4.0 out of 5 stars Could Be A Brilliant Product Depending On What You Use It For, 16 Feb. 2015
Pros: Solidly built construction, works well, looks more expensive than the cheap tilt flood light that have a wire hanging out of the wall. And I like the fact the wire is not exposed. The construction means I think it's pretty water tight, even the holes where the screws go through have rubber seals.
Cons: It says adjustable light and sensor for angle and dip. And although it's true the level of adjustment is terrible, in particular the sensor. And it may sound like I'm being picky, but it's a real problem. I live in greater London, and have a small front drive (7m long). And the light is 2.8m from the ground, so I want to point the sensor so it only picks up people who actually go into my drive rather than everyone who walks past. I managed to do it in the end by pointing at a slight angle, so one corner of the property isn't covered. I can live with it, but it might be a practical consideration. I also wanted to point the light downward (so not to point at neighbours across the street), and again it does it to some degree but not perfect.
The other issue is there is no sensitivity level selector.
Bottom line is I would probably still buy considering other products I've seen I've not been impressed with, but clearly the manufacturer is designing a solid product and it looks to me like they haven't taken any short cuts, they just need to make a few tweaks in my opinion to make it more flexible.
In terms of power, I would say it's probably the equivalent of a 150W halogen if I had to guess. And the light is very cold (almost blue).
To conclude, if you want a good looking, solid light and only need slight adjustments I would recommend, if you have specific circumstances as I mention above, think carefully.

Suntime Luxor Gazebo Swing Cover
Suntime Luxor Gazebo Swing Cover

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality - But No Option, 11 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Suntime Luxor Gazebo Swing Cover
Really poor quality. I've just put it on today (but purchased it quite a few months ago). Zip came off the end and took me over 10 minutes to rethread, the lengths were varied at the bottom (not the side with a zip), and a few stiches loose already. I'm scared to see what it's like by the end of winter.

I had to replace an existing one because the previous cover (the same one) ripped on all four corners. Had no option really given it's protecting a £600 swing chair.

Belkin Leather Cinema 360 degrees swivel Folio with stand for iPad (3rd and 4th Gen) in Brown
Offered by Trend4live

2.0 out of 5 stars Misaligns And Not Completely Flexible, 11 Oct. 2014
Keeps misaligning, so the sleep function now longer works. Also if you want to rotate the power cable on the other side (in landscape position), you can't do it.

Bottom line, I'm disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6