Profile for Steff > Reviews

Suntime Luxor Gazebo Swing Cover
Suntime Luxor Gazebo Swing Cover

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality - But No Option, 11 Oct 2014
This review is from: Suntime Luxor Gazebo Swing Cover
Really poor quality. I've just put it on today (but purchased it quite a few months ago). Zip came off the end and took me over 10 minutes to rethread, the lengths were varied at the bottom (not the side with a zip), and a few stiches loose already. I'm scared to see what it's like by the end of winter.

I had to replace an existing one because the previous cover (the same one) ripped on all four corners. Had no option really given it's protecting a £600 swing chair.

Belkin Leather Cinema 360 degrees swivel Folio with stand for iPad (3rd and 4th Gen) in Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars Misaligns And Not Completely Flexible, 11 Oct 2014
Keeps misaligning, so the sleep function now longer works. Also if you want to rotate the power cable on the other side (in landscape position), you can't do it.

Bottom line, I'm disappointed.

White Omega 49 Professional Pure Bristle Shaving Brush
White Omega 49 Professional Pure Bristle Shaving Brush
Offered by The Original Shaving Company

2.0 out of 5 stars Hair Loss - Before Reaching Middle Age, 11 Oct 2014
It only has one purpose to serve, but somehow it doesn't manage it. I've had this for several months now, and save on alternate days, and even this morning had to pick out another 2 hairs. I can understand if initially it losses a couple, but several months on and I can't have a shave without losing bits does make me question what makes this product "professional".

Apart from losing hairs, it's great!

Philips hue Tap Personal Wireless Lighting Smart Switch
Philips hue Tap Personal Wireless Lighting Smart Switch

3.0 out of 5 stars It Doesn't Really Fit The Range, 11 Oct 2014
I suspect someone at Philips must of been very confused. They must know most customers who buy this already have at least 3 light bulbs and have paid the best part of £300 for the privilege. So let's ease the burden by saving them money on batteries. Then they come up with a solution that costs £50 and is more Lego brick rather than Apple sleek.

If they had made a battery operated version for half the money that wasn't so clunky they would of been onto a winner (as I hate going to the app every time too), as it clearly serves a purpose. But no!

I would of expected better from Philips, I would just love to know what manager approved even just the concept of this clunky design.

Foscam FI9821P Plug and Play HD 1280 x 720p H.264 Wireless/Wired Pan/Tilt IP Camera - 26ft Night Vision and 2.8mm Lens (70° Viewing Angle) (Black)
Offered by Foscam Digital Tech

3.0 out of 5 stars If This Was The Plug And Play Version, I Would of Sent The Hard Version Back, 11 Oct 2014
Pros: You can change position, the infrared light can be controlled remotely and you can store video on an SD card on the device and control remotely.
Cons: Insanely frustrating software, everything i.e. setting to record on SD card needed a forum visit. If you change any of the most basic setting it feels like you need to restart for everything (but it doesn't tell you), stuff just won't work.

The reason I purchased this camera is because we sometimes get the off mouse in the attic and this had motion detection and an IR I can turn off. I opted for this version because after looking at the setup videos playing with router settings, I just knew I'd probably get this to work and every other wireless device would probably stop working.

So I set everything up, which took ages, I realised only after a while that even after changing settings a reboot was often needed. A classic example of a thing I found frustrating was setting it up to record after movement was detected. I went to the right screen, clicked all the options I wanted and it just wouldn't work, but it would work manually when I hit record. It turned out that once you had selected everything you also had to set something called "Locale", which determined which part of the picture you wanted to detect. Rather than defaulting to everything, it defaults to none of the picture!!! The same goes at what point during the day you want motion detection to work, if defaults to none of the time.

Bottom line is, the picture quality isn't anything to write home about (I tried day conditions before installing in the loft). But it did the job for what I need. If you need it to read number plates from 5 metres, you have no chance. It has some nice features too, but the usability factor ranks right at the bottom of general electronics. The software for PC means it's just about manageable, but if you intend to setup purely from a phone or tablet device, then forget about it. Most options aren't accessible (via IOS app), and if they are they must be pretty well hidden.

I think the best way to review this is to ask, if it broke tomorrow and had to buy a new one, would I buy it again? Bottom line I think I would risk buying something else.

Lurch 10212 Grater Vario Green/Cream
Lurch 10212 Grater Vario Green/Cream

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 16 Jun 2014
I got this product after buying the Lurch Spirali, which was one of the best kitchen gadgets I've ever purchased. However this is just terrible, it's a nightmare to wash, it's got a casing system that doesn't work well, the blade isn't that sharp, so tends to make vegetables stick (and not cut completely through). The knobs aren't that clear, and unlike the Spirali which has a place for all the accessories so it stores nicely, which is the opposite, I don't know where to put the 2 extra blades or the safety grip.
I would recommend you avoid like the plague. I ended up purchasing a replacement from a kitchen gadget shop, and it's a class above (but did cost double). But then again, why pay half the price for something you can't really use?

Pioneer VSX-S510-K Slim Design Network AV Receiver with Spotify Connect - Black
Pioneer VSX-S510-K Slim Design Network AV Receiver with Spotify Connect - Black
Offered by Nintronics

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Brilliant, 16 Jun 2014
The size is the key selling point. And initially I was impressed at how small it was, however once you factor in the HDMI cables and other wires that come out, you have to add at least 10cm into the equation if you have a specific cabinet size.
The interface is terrible, it's not intuitive, it's a bit shaky (I tried it on 2 TVs and with 2 different HDMI cables). And so basic it's scary. Setup and settings are really painful. It feels like something Philips invented 15 years ago when companies were in their infancy in developing interfaces.
The key question of quality is the obvious question, and in this respect, I would say it's 98% of what my old amp did. You might think that it should be better than an old amp that was 10 years old, but it was an amp that was nearly £3k then, and I couldn't fault it. I have these setup with the KEF speakers and sub woofers in the £3k range again. And I
The bottom line is they could make this amp so much better on the software side, but in reality I haven't used the setup for about 7 or 8 months now, and have no intention of doing it soon.
Also, I feed 3D content via this amp with no issues.

LC White Radio Controlled Wall Clock
LC White Radio Controlled Wall Clock
Offered by MDG Retail Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs A Few Changes, 16 Jun 2014
This clock worlds well, looks modern but has 2 key issues.

1. The glass is very reflective. So a little brightness in the room means reading this clock can be hard. Especially given the curvature of the glass.
2. The hands of the clock are silver on a white background, which again can make it hard to read the clock.

Apart from that, I have no other problem with the clock. I've had issues with Oregon Scientific clocks not picking up the MSF signal, but this one worked very well in a more isolated part of the house. So from that aspect, I was impressed.

Engo Blister Prevention Patches -
Engo Blister Prevention Patches -
Offered by SockSock

4.0 out of 5 stars Be careful of the six pack - It's not 6x intro pack - THEY DIFFER IN SIZE - Not stated in description or picture, 16 Jun 2014
Firstly, the product itself is brilliant. I had to walk on a foot that already had a blister, these arrived before I knew I was going for a long walk, and the blister didn't bother me at all.

I was so impressed with the single pack I purchased I wanted to put them into my other shoes and so purchased a "six pack". However, what you get is 4 of the same size of the single pack and two small ones. I only get blisters in one area and only the large pads are of use to me. I went back and reviewed the description to check I had not missed it, and the sizes aren't stated anywhere and even the photo is not what you get on the six pack (as the six pack packaging tells you immediately of the different sizes).

So bottom line, I would still buy, but only purchase the single/intro pack rather than the six pack, as you're not getting a good deal, you're actually paying for items that aren't stated anywhere (and for me are useless).

Draper 64970 Folding  Seat and Kneeler
Draper 64970 Folding Seat and Kneeler

2.0 out of 5 stars Has Stabilities Problems When Using As A Seat, 19 May 2014
This product folds away nicely, is solid but has one major problem. The bottom edge corners of the product are rounded. That's ideal if you use it to kneel on, as you don't want the corners next to your arms to catch your clothing or scratch your skin, however when used as a seat it makes it unstable, if you sit on it and lean forward or sit down on it without going straight down (rather than at an angle) you will end up falling over, but what's worst is this item will be a metal irregular shape breaking your fall.
I don't really use it to kneel on, I use it all the time as a seat, so isn't ideal.
It's a real same, as a slight modification could make this item brilliant, instead it's actually a bit of a liability.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5