Profile for Irma > Reviews

Attachment Parenting : Instinctive Care for Your Baby and Young Child
Attachment Parenting : Instinctive Care for Your Baby and Young Child
by Katie Allison Granju

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby friendly, 14 Mar. 2014
I was too stressed and overwhelmed by all the advise and techniques to raise a loving and independent baby. I kept asking myself if I was doing things right or messing up everything. This book helped me to get an answer. It is reassuring and comforting. Basically it says what is baby behaviour is normal and how raise a baby in a relaxed way that both, baby and parent enjoy.

Professional Cooking
Professional Cooking
by Wayne Gisslen

5.0 out of 5 stars For serious cooking, 14 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Professional Cooking (Hardcover)
The book is a cooking encyclopaedia. It starts from basics (cooking equipment, techniques, storage) and then escalates to complex recipes and presentation rechniques. It has enough pictures to make it attractive. The units are in both systems. I find it a great investment because each chapter is so complete that it is a book by itself. Buy it if you want to become a chef or take cooking seriously and achieve perfection.

TomTom Start 60 6" Sat Nav with Full Europe Maps (45 Countries)
TomTom Start 60 6" Sat Nav with Full Europe Maps (45 Countries)
Offered by Best Digital Market

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 Jun. 2013
We used the other brand before this one when driving from Glasgow to London. It lost signal very often, it kept saying "recalculating" even when we haven't made any turn. All of those problems were gone with this product. It didn't lose signal even once, instructions were really clear and display was perfect

Huggies cotton soft 60 sheets - Pack of 4
Huggies cotton soft 60 sheets - Pack of 4

5.0 out of 5 stars No cotton residue, 27 Jun. 2013
Use this product if quality is more important to you than price. I used cotton balls for my newborn. The balls left residue in every fold of his body. Then I used this sheets. They clean and absorb without any residue.

Babys Hand And Foot Cast Kit
Babys Hand And Foot Cast Kit
Offered by Findmeagift

2.0 out of 5 stars Baby unfriendly, 27 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Babys Hand And Foot Cast Kit (Toy)
I really struggled with this product. The instructions say it is not suitable for children under 3 due to small parts. Why there is a baby advertised in the package? Even then, I was so silly to use it for my 3 months baby. I added a bit of water for the knead. Big mistake because when it dried, it cracked. Use it only for feet print. I tried it for the hands and truly regretted it. Baby woke up during the cleaning and the clay got to his face

Recipes from My Mother for My Daughter
Recipes from My Mother for My Daughter
by Lisa Faulkner

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for amateur cooks, 16 Mar. 2012
Each recipe contains a personalised introductory note which makes the reader feel closer to the author. You wouldn't feel intimidated by a professional chef but rather cooking with a friend who wants to share her experience. Also, you will find pictures showing you how the final product should look like and how to serve it. Ingredients are easy to find and you won't require exotic cooking utensils.

The Silver Spoon, UK edition (Cooking)
The Silver Spoon, UK edition (Cooking)
by Francesca Bazzurro

2.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced..., 21 Jan. 2011
The recipes require fresh herbs which might not be available at the local supermarkets. Substituting with dry herbs makes a bit complicated to guess if the flavour you obtained is the one it should have. I have not found the puttanesca recipe (and I wonder why no one pointed out this before). Finally, the recipes with pictures have no note pointing out that a picture is available. You might need to check pages before and after to try to find if anything is available

Mastering the Art of French Cooking
Mastering the Art of French Cooking
by Julia Child

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 21 Jan. 2011
You won't regret trying any of the recipes from this book. The instructions are very clear so there is no chance to make a mistake. However, you must read from beginning to end the recipe before starting. If you need the pictutes, just search the images in internet. No need to make a big fuss from the lack of pictures.