Profile for David P Smith > Reviews

David P Smith

Elizabeth is Missing
Elizabeth is Missing
by Emma Healey

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed reading this book and I am not surprised that ..., 19 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Elizabeth is Missing (Paperback)
I enjoyed reading this book and I am not surprised that it is an award winner. The story is made up of contemporary views and half remembered events from the past. Some of this leaves you as the reader frustrated as if you are the carer trying to manage and look after this elderly woman called Maud. This is a story that will ring true to many people as they have to look after elderly relatives or indeed suffer themselves from dementia. However the main detective story is compelling and gives the book focus and direction.

Minecraft (Xbox 360)
Minecraft (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Minecraft for the Xbox, 14 July 2013
This review is from: Minecraft (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Minecraft seems to be the latest craze with my 8 year old and his pals. I was pleased to see that it was available for the Xbox rather than relying on a download for the computer. It would be fair to say that after a few weeks of trying to get into it, it has not taken off as some of the easier video games do. There is much more to this and it requires the player to think more and that is why I score it highly.

POKEMON RESHIRAM EX TIN BRAND NEW
POKEMON RESHIRAM EX TIN BRAND NEW

5.0 out of 5 stars Pokemon cards excellent!, 14 July 2013
I was very pleased with the Pokémon cards as they contained many of the shinny cards I had been looking for but had not been able to find in our local shops. They make my collection of Pokémon cards very nearly complete.

POKEMON ZEKROM EX TIN BRAND NEW
POKEMON ZEKROM EX TIN BRAND NEW
Offered by CHAOS CARDS

5.0 out of 5 stars Pokemon OK!, 14 July 2013
The cards and the tin were just what I wanted. I would recommend them to any Pokemon enthusiasts especially as I could not buy them from the local shops.

Eruption Of Mount St Helens [1980] [DVD]
Eruption Of Mount St Helens [1980] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Foxworth
Offered by Rapid-DVD

3.0 out of 5 stars A real feel for the eruption., 31 Oct. 2009
This DVD is very good for showing the true scale and force of a major volcanic eruption. You can almost taste the ash and smoke. However I had hoped that it might give a little more factual information about the impacts of the eruption and the reasons for the eruption. I had hoped that it would include maps and diagrams to go alongside the excellent photography. A great resource to use in teaching the subject alongside other more conventional resources.

Edexcel A2 Geography: Unit 3: Contested Planet (Student Unit Guides)
Edexcel A2 Geography: Unit 3: Contested Planet (Student Unit Guides)
by Sue Warn

4.0 out of 5 stars Good A level support material, 31 Oct. 2009
This is a book that is very good for teachers and students preparing for Edexcel's new A2 level. It supplements material published in other textbooks and gives good guidance to candidates. I particularly like the commentary written by examiners about answers to selected questions.

The LAP-BAND Solution: A Partnership for Weight Loss
The LAP-BAND Solution: A Partnership for Weight Loss
by Paul O'Brien
Edition: Perfect Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lap-Band Solution, 23 Jun. 2009
The book was easy reading and came over as being honest in explaining all aspects of the procedure. The explanation was given in clear non-technical langauge and answered many of the queries and doubts I had about having the procedure.