Profile for Bookwormspy > Reviews

Content by Bookwormspy

Bookwormspy "@bookwormspy" (England)

Dark Promise (Between Worlds Book 1)
Dark Promise (Between Worlds Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars the story was good and it kept me interested until the end, 2 July 2015
Not so much of a Fantasy novel (thinking of the Lord of The Rings), more of a Twilight with Fairy wings. That said, the story was good and it kept me interested until the end, which leaves it wide open for a sequel (don't they all?). If you like High school style Twilighty novels this is for you. If you like "proper" Fantasy you may want to give it a miss. Enjoyed this but won't be buying the sequel (sorry Julia).

Watchers
Watchers
by Dean Koontz

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT!, 24 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Watchers (Paperback)
Buy this book, it won't let you down. I read it 20 years ago and own it in paperback AND hardback. Silly I know, but it really is that good.

The First Chapter
The First Chapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 23 Nov. 2011
This review is from: The First Chapter (Audio CD)
This is the sound of a band at the start of a long and (sort of) successful career. This is the best of them before they got too big.

My Grammar and I (Or Should That Be 'Me'?): Old-School Ways to Sharpen Your English
by Caroline Taggart

5.0 out of 5 stars a book my grammar has been waiting for, 23 Nov. 2011
Some people don't care about punctuation or grammar. If this is you then you won't like this book. If, like me, you love reading, writing, playing with words, even learning, then I can assure you that you will love this book. It will come in very handy if you're a budding novelist. Hell, if you're a budding novelist, you HAVE to get this book. Without it you'll be making the same small mistakes I was before I bought it.

The Travelling Vampire Show
The Travelling Vampire Show
by Richard Laymon

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of His Finest Novels, 2 Sept. 2007
Any fan of Laymon's MUST buy this. It is one of, if not the finest novels he ever wrote.
Think of Stephen king's "The Body" with a Laymon, vampire spin and you'll have an inkling as to what awaits. I've read all of his books but this was the only one I read in one sitting. I finished it at 6 am the morning after I bought it, and I just wanted to read it all over again, right away. In fact writing this review has made me want to read it again.
Any fan of books will like this novel. At its heart it captures what its like to be young again (sans vampires obviously).
A must have!!!!