Profile for J. M. F. Hill > Reviews

Content by J. M. F. Hill

J. M. F. Hill "gobz" (Bristol)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Live
Live
Price: 7.67

4.0 out of 5 stars When Quo were at their peek, 5 Jun 2007
This review is from: Live (Audio CD)
I originally bought this album on vinyl in the early eighties and always thought that it was very good. If you are a hard rock or metal fan then this is the era of Quo that you want to hear with the more raw and brash sound along with bassist Alan Lancaster providing some of the vocals too which all helped give them a definite undiluted hard rock sound back then.

Since being into this album as a kid some 25 years ago I`ve been through the musical mill being into Metal ,House , Thrash , death metal , hardcore , cybermetal , Trance , goth metal , Nu-metal , metalcore etc and currently my fave bands apart from my own are Opeth Onslaught and Children of Bodom !

I wouldn`t normally recommend Quo to a rock/metal fan of today but their work from the early/mid seventies is surely worth a look and this album is the best one to go for

Good stuff !

Star Trek: Voyager - Season 7 [DVD] [1996]
Star Trek: Voyager - Season 7 [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Kate Mulgrew

4.0 out of 5 stars Endgame, 18 May 2006
Well I thought that this season was ok generally and I don`t understand why people didn`t like the endgame finale, I videoed it when it originally aired I watched it over 5 timesand I thought that it was the best finale of any star trek, period as a 2 parter it was movie lenghth and I`d have paid money to see it at the Cinema, so there !

Sony MSA-64A Memory Stick - 64MB
Sony MSA-64A Memory Stick - 64MB

4.0 out of 5 stars essential for your clie, 5 Feb 2003
Get this, great for the money and use seperate `power run` software to install all stuff to it, even files that have a seperate database ! Thanks to this I have over 200 games, files and apps running on my clie.
Sorted !