Profile for Fred > Reviews

Content by Fred

Fred (Essex, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Mens 3 Pair Jeep Luxury Terrain Socks In 3 Colours - 6-11 Mens - Grey
Mens 3 Pair Jeep Luxury Terrain Socks In 3 Colours - 6-11 Mens - Grey
Offered by OutdoorGear Outdoor Experts

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 30 Nov 2014
Bought a couple of pairs of these socks a few years ago from a high street store to wear with trainers or my walking boots. They were comfortable with nicely cushioned soles and washed up well time after time, keeping their shape. I eventually wore them out this year after having them for about three years and didn't hesitate to buy a further three pairs when I saw the ad in Amazon. I've only had the new lot a couple of weeks but they appear to be the same product. Difficult to get too enthusiastic about socks but I find I always choose these rather than other pairs of casual socks in the drawer. It's a bit like having that favourite top or pair of shoes that you always go for

Poetic Slimline Case with Auto Wake and Sleep Function for Google Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Generation 2013 Android Tablet - White
Offered by Smart Shop Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with purchase, 22 Nov 2014
I've had the case for about a month now. Good price, fits the tablet well and wakes up the tablet each time you lift the cover. Feels like it's well made and I particularly like the fact that it protects the tablet without making it too bulky. Perhaps it's just me but I can't get on with the stand function - the tablet stays upright for a few second then slides to the flat position hence four rather than five stars. Compares favourably with the slimline Asus case I used previously which cost £25

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at great price, 10 April 2014
I wanted a wired connection from my router which is in an upstairs room to connect three devices in my lounge which is downstairs. I ran an exterior grade network cable down an outside wall and drilled a small hole through the wall connecting the cable into the switch which I had mounted on the wall behind my TV stand. I then connected the three devices using patch cables. The switch worked straight out of the box with no settings to fiddle with. It's small, unobtrusive and seems to be well put together. Factor in its reasonable cost and speedy delivery and you have one happy customer!

10m Network Cable Cat5e RJ45 Ethernet LAN Network Cable 10 meter - 10 metre UTP Lead 10M FREE DELIVERY - INKSPLUS+
Offered by inksplus+

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 31 Mar 2014
Used this cable to connect my NAS to my router located on the other side of the room. Works fine streaming HD content. Great cable at cheap price and prompt delivery as well. Happy customer!

DELL 860-10161 - UltraSharp U2412M 24 INCH LED monitor Black
DELL 860-10161 - UltraSharp U2412M 24 INCH LED monitor Black
Offered by PCBuyIT Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, 12 Mar 2014
I bought this to replace an old 21" CRT monitor which was on its last legs. What a difference! The Dell is superior in every way and seems to be improving with age. Lovely sharp picture with no dead pixels. I agree with the comments from some of the other reviewers that the brightness setting put of the box is far too high. Looked at some colour calibration tools but ended up using the settings supplied by another Amazon reviewer which work fine for me. At £200+ for the Dell you can get cheaper 24" panels, some IPS but for me, you gets what you pay for and the Dell justifies its higher price with its superior picture and build quality. Buy one and you won't be disappointed!

7mm Round Black Cable Clips Pack of 100
7mm Round Black Cable Clips Pack of 100
Offered by best deal 4 u

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 12 Mar 2014
Clips used to attach a run of exterior grade network cable to the outside of my house on a rendered wall. Good job and no problems fixing clips to masonry. Surprised therefore to hear of problems experienced by other users when using product on hard surfaces. Perhaps the results would have been different had I been attaching the cable to brickwork. Who knows but I am a happy customer!

Norton Internet Security 2013 - 3 Computers, 1 Year Subscription (PC)
Norton Internet Security 2013 - 3 Computers, 1 Year Subscription (PC)
Offered by Aqua Reefer

5.0 out of 5 stars Norton Internet Security 2013, 1 Sep 2013
Great product at great price and delivered quickly. Upgrading was simplicity itself and all I had to do was to enter the new product key in my existing version of Norton which was about to expire. Earlier versions of Norton were notoriously resource hungry but this is no longer an issue and the product scores consistently highly in the PC press. I keep my eyes open for newer and better internet security products but have stuck with Norton for the last three years now and can't see me changing.

WD TV Live Media Player
WD TV Live Media Player
Offered by Digital Components Ltd (dclstore)

5.0 out of 5 stars WD TV Live rocks!, 28 Feb 2013
The WD TV Live player replaces the Dune TV101 player I purchased a year ago which I found to be often unstable and unpredictable in terms of whether it would play a particular file. Despite being cheaper, the WD player is (so far) rock solid and has played every file I've tried. The remote control is also superior to the one which came with the Dune and the user interface seems more slick and intuitive as well. In short, I am seriously impressed with the WD and think it's unbeatable at its price point. There are more sophisticated players out there but the WD meets all my current needs and doesn't represent a significant financial investment if I decided to upgrade it at some later date

Morphy Richards Meno 43916 Jug Kettle, Red
Morphy Richards Meno 43916 Jug Kettle, Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Gets noiser and noisier, 10 Sep 2012
After lots of research I bought this kettle, especially after it got reviews for being quiet. It is. At first. Now I have to turn the TV up to hear it above the kettle. What is it with these rapid boil items. Do they have to be so noisy ?It is good looking and has worn well.I waited 3 months before leaving this review........no lime scale build up as yet.....but it is oh sooooooooo noisy!!

Seiko Men's SKX007K Black Rubber Automatic Watch with Black Dial
Seiko Men's SKX007K Black Rubber Automatic Watch with Black Dial
Offered by VRC DISCOUNTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko SKX007K Automatic Watch with Rubber Strap, 25 Mar 2012
I've only had the watch a few days but I'm absolutely delighted with it. The build quality seems superb and bodes well for years of service. It's true that the automatic / mechanical movement doesn't give the same accuracy as a quartz movement but there's really not a lot in it and the watch is keeping good time. This is the first rubber strapped watch I've owned and so far, I'm finding it very comfortable to wear. For my tastes, the rubber strap adds to the watch's chunky, functional good looks. It's not "bling" like many of the fussy multi dialled diver's watches out there that usually come with stainless steel bracelets. It remains to be seen of course how the rubber strap will wear and how easy it will be to get a replacement! At its price point of around £140 delivered, I think this watch is hard to beat.

I purchased the watch from Mr Watch in the US and overall, was happy with the service I received. They were up front that the watch might take up to a month to get to me. They responded immediately when the courier tracking information showed no trace of the shipment suggesting a possible problem. The postage costs were refunded without me asking and a replacement watch was then shipped which took about nine days to reach. Emails were responded to immediately and I'd deal with the seller again.

Page: 1 | 2