Profile for Eleanor Oakley > Reviews

Content by Eleanor Oakley

Eleanor Oakley "vivace" (South Wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Denby China by Denby Small Tumbler - Set of 2
Denby China by Denby Small Tumbler - Set of 2
Offered by China Chaps Ltd
Price: 9.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Small?, 18 July 2012
Good quality tumbler, as you would expect from Denby. Lovely to look at, but certainly not "small". Difficult for a woman or child to get their hands around, and probably too heavy for frailer users.

OKI B410D (A4) Mono Laser Printer (Duplex)
OKI B410D (A4) Mono Laser Printer (Duplex)

4.0 out of 5 stars Discontinued, 18 July 2012
This is a brilliant little printer - great if you need duplex printing. It is the second of its kind I have bought. My first one expired, and needed a new drum The helpful Service Department confirmed the number of copies I had done and advised that this was the normal lifespan for a drum, and recommended that it was as cheap to get a new printer as it was to just get a new drum, because that way you have a new guarantee. Unfortunately this model has now been superseded, but I am sure the new model will perform even better.

Padders Florence - Burgundy Size 6 UK
Padders Florence - Burgundy Size 6 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars No-slip slippers, 18 July 2012
This review is from: Padders Florence (Apparel)
These slippers were a Christmas present for an elderly friend. She was delighted with them, as she can step outside in the snow to fill the coal bucket and feel warm and safe.

Minky Advantage Ironing Board HH40301104HG
Minky Advantage Ironing Board HH40301104HG
Offered by tools247
Price: 44.67

2.0 out of 5 stars Not in stock, 18 July 2012
Having anguished about which type of ironing board to choose (how sad can you get), this one was selected because it had a hanger rail. Very useful. Unfortunately, the sellers no longer stocked this item, so dispatched a similar model without the rail. So, equally unfortunately, it had to be returned. The company were very helpful and a pleasure to deal with, but the outcome is that I still have to go to my mother's house to borrow her ironing board. But perhaps that's no bad thing.

Morphy Richards 48755 3 Tier Food Steamer - Stainless Steel
Morphy Richards 48755 3 Tier Food Steamer - Stainless Steel
Price: 31.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Guests, 26 Nov 2010
I had been lent a steamer when my friend heard I had invited 20 people to Sunday lunch for my Grandson's Christening. I tested it out on the family beforehand with great success, and so I just had to purchase one for myself. It was speedily delivered, in time for the Big Day, and we had two steamers on the go for cooking the vegetables. It was a Godsend and has been in regular use ever since. The flavour of the vegetables is much improved and it frees up the hob for other things. With a bit of practice you learn to time the vegetables to perfection. It is easy to clean, perhaps a bit bulky to store, but it stacks well. I don't know why I didn't get one before.

Dyson DC25 Animal  Lightweight Dyson Ball Upright Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Owners
Dyson DC25 Animal Lightweight Dyson Ball Upright Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Owners
Offered by thurgo - ltd
Price: 319.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The antidote to collies and grandsons, 7 Oct 2010
My old faithful Dyson finally gave up the ghost and a replacement became necessary. My husband is a big fan of cylinder vacuum cleaners and tried to put me off a direct replacement upright. However, having read the reviews, and being faced with pet hairs, mud and crumbs on a daily basis, I took the executive decision and plumped for a new Dyson. Whilst I would not necessarily say that it was easy to fit together initially, nor that the word "lightweight" was appropriate, our carpets are so much cleaner, and we are more than delighted with the DC25 Animal's efficiency in dealing with our daily debris, and are even inspired to use it more often. Mercifully, the dust collector cylinder is very easy to remove and empty.

Science Museum Radio Control Morphibian
Science Museum Radio Control Morphibian

4.0 out of 5 stars Non-stop success, 28 Dec 2009
This was an instant hit with our grandson, aged 5. Outwardly of robust construction, it was easy to get up and running as we had purchased batteries at the same time. Why, oh why, do these gadgets need two different types of battery? Why can't they be the same in the vehicle as in the handset? BUT when the time came to put it away, the ON/OFF slide (used only once) was missing, so we could not turn off the lights. This part of the design, which is dependent on a minute piece of thin plastic, is unbelievably bad. We discussed sending it back for an exchange, but there is no reason to suspect that the replacement would be any better. My husband has devised a solution which will bring the Morphinian MKII back to life again. However, in our opinion the design is great, but the execution fails miserably on this one particular feature, and for an expensive toy, this was a major disappointment.

Children's Classics (Hardback Version)
Children's Classics (Hardback Version)
Offered by Music-Club
Price: 33.43

4.0 out of 5 stars Grandma's gift, 28 Dec 2009
Just the perfect present for a grandma to give her young grandson as an antidote to X-factor viewing. Excellent for long car journeys or as a background to holiday activities. His mum thoroughly approved as well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4