Profile for Eleanor Oakley > Reviews

Content by Eleanor Oakley

Eleanor Oakley "vivace" (South Wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Executive Multi Function Leather Case Cover For Amazon Kindle FIRE (not for HD version) and Flip Stand Wallet With FREE Capacitive Stylus Pen and Screen Protector (Black)
Offered by Micropix

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job perfectly, 10 April 2013
Recognising the need for a cover to protect my newly acquired Kindle, but being thrifty by nature, I did not see the need to spend more money than necessary on this basic essential item. This cover does exactly what is required. It was easy to fit and looks smart, and the stylus was the icing on the cake which made me plump for this purchase. HIghly recommended.

She Moved Through the Fair
She Moved Through the Fair

4.0 out of 5 stars Such a beautiful song, 8 Feb 2013
I wanted to offer this much-loved song to a small group of singers for perform on holiday, so naturally I turned to the King's Singers for "best practice" performance. It's a lovely arrangement, but I feel the instrumental interludes are a rather shrill distraction and I personally prefer the mesmeric, more mellow version on a previous album, where the song wafts along dreamily. But, having said that, it is only a "preference" - this present version conveys a different, more modern, edgy atmosphere - so I still love it.

UHT Semi Skimmed Milk Portions (120 pots)
UHT Semi Skimmed Milk Portions (120 pots)
Offered by GB Trading Limited - FREE UK DELIVERY

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy for holidays abroad, 8 Feb 2013
Used this for tea-making on a hotel holiday in Spain. Sure, it took up precious luggage space and weight, but was so convenient to have in the room, and saved money in the long run.

Pleasant and Delightful
Pleasant and Delightful

5.0 out of 5 stars Audience participation at its best, 7 Jan 2013
If you want a traditional folk song to get the audience joinging in, this is it - though The Yetties have provided plenty more like it over the years.

Spanish Ladies
Spanish Ladies

4.0 out of 5 stars Traditional favourite, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: Spanish Ladies (MP3 Download)
Whenever I want to hear how a song should sound, I turn to The Yetties, who give a sound which is both robust and musical. What a legacy they have given us!

The Ladies Go Dancing at Whitsun
The Ladies Go Dancing at Whitsun

5.0 out of 5 stars White lace hanky needed, 7 Jan 2013
This beautiful and affecting song is especially suited to Bonny's crystal clear voice. The instrumental interludes between the verses are lovely, and the introduction of the drum into the middle verse is quite chilling. For all Yetties fans, this is a song to remember.

Hot Hands Instant Hand Warmers. 6 Pairs
Hot Hands Instant Hand Warmers. 6 Pairs
Offered by Skiweb

4.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas gift, 7 Jan 2013
Bought for a friend who has Reynaud's disease and has to work outside in winter. This gift was shall we say warmly welcomed, but has not yet been put to the test.

Rotary Women's Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Gold Stainless Steel Bracelet LB00762
Offered by Millers Jewellers

4.0 out of 5 stars One of very few watches that fit my criteria, 21 Nov 2012
It was surprising to me how "good name" few ladies watches have full numbers (as opposed to dots or dashes) and an expanding bracelet, and are still attractive. I agree with other reviewers that the black numbers make the watch a little old-fashioned, but I suppose that's what makes it "easy to read", so I can't have it both ways.

Wagg Complete Worker Chicken & Vegetables Dry Mix 17kg
Wagg Complete Worker Chicken & Vegetables Dry Mix 17kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and the dog likes it, 21 Nov 2012
Good value. The dog likes it. Delivered right to the door, what more is there to say? Only, perhaps, that our border collie can't eat a whole sack full in a month, so, sadly, it is not worth me subscribing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2012 8:57 PM GMT

Ravensburger Labyrinth Game Limited Edition
Ravensburger Labyrinth Game Limited Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 21 Nov 2012
This game was introduced to me by a young adult friend, and first played by 3 generations of very competitive adults. So I bought it to keep 8 yr old grandson amused on a wet Saturday afternoon. He took to it immediately, and invited a friend round so we could share it. I have since shown it to other grandmothers who see it as a great present for under the Christmas tree. It is easy to set up, and you learn the rules as you go along. The fact that it comes in a tin makes it really special.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4