Profile for D. Charnley > Reviews

Content by D. Charnley

D. Charnley "Reviewer" (Liverpool UK)

Family Tree Maker 2012 Deluxe Edition (PC)
Family Tree Maker 2012 Deluxe Edition (PC)
Offered by hixxysoft

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 8 Nov 2011
I was used to using the 2006 version of this programme, and decided to treat myself to the new 2012 version. How disappointing this is. I personally have found this new programme very difficult to navigate and it's taken away some of the interest I had in Family History. I understand Ancestry are marketing this mainly on the basis of being able to sync your tree online via the subscribed website. While this may be a convenience for some, I would prefer to have a choice of what media content is actually shown online. So I may as well go back to uploading a Gedcom file as before.

Compared with my previous version, the overall screen views are also disappointing and are overfilled with information which should be in the background.

I am seriously thinking of going back to v2006, if I can get it to work on Windows 7.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2011 10:39 AM GMT

BOSCH ROTAK 34 LAWNMOWER- 1400W
BOSCH ROTAK 34 LAWNMOWER- 1400W
Offered by jacsbargains

4.0 out of 5 stars Rotak 34, 5 May 2010
This is the best lawnmower I've owned. Having suffered for years with a Qualcast cylinder electric mower I thought I'd try a rotary. It's powerful and cuts the grass cleanly without scraping the surface. The edge fins do get most of the grass against paving and walls, but some is left. But that's not too much of a problem for me.

The only drawbacks so far for me is the poorly designed grassbox. It's easy to fit and remove, but it is a bit difficult to empty sometimes. But that's only a small issue.

Overall I'd recommend it for most small to medium sized lawns.

Kilimanjaro: A Complete Trekker's Guide: Preparations, Practicalities and Trekking Routes to the 'Roof of Africa': Preparation, Practicalities and Ascent Routes (Cicerone Mountain Walking)
by Alexander Stewart

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 18 Dec 2009
I was looking for a small reference book for my daughter who is travelling to Kilimanjaro next year. The book is excellent and full of good advice. It also gives lots of cultural background information which she'll find useful on her trip. Its small enough to take along on the trip and I think its an excellent buy.