Profile for Barbara Hosier > Reviews

Content by Barbara Hosier

Barbara Hosier (London UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
by Rachel Joyce
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book, 3 Dec 2013
Such a clever story, I truly couldn't stop reading it and have passed it on to others for their enjoyment. Haven't found one person yet who didn't love this quirky imaginative story
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2014 7:14 PM BST

Holbein Portrait Drawings: 44 Plates by Hans Holbein the Younger (Dover Art Library)
by Hans Holbein
Price: 5.87

3.0 out of 5 stars A good book but rather dull, 3 Dec 2013
This book has some great sketches in it, but sadly not of the lady I particularly wanted. It wasn't possible to find this out before I bought the book but then that's the downside of buying bools online.

Blink Womens Cuban Heel Immi 1 Boots 301031-AD21 Tan 5 UK, 38 EU
Blink Womens Cuban Heel Immi 1 Boots 301031-AD21 Tan 5 UK, 38 EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely shaped boot, trendy and comfy - a rare combination., 3 Dec 2013
I bought these boots on impulse as I usually prefer flat boots and they were really cheap! Mind you they are not leather but very suitable for a vegetarian. The minute I put them on they felt comfortable but I have yet to wear them for any length of time. The colour, shape, style and fit are fab. Only four stars because in the first half hour of wearing them, several of the plastic studs fell off. As they are only lightly glued, on I suspect more will come off in time

Geox Women's D Newflower A Black Ballet D32Y9A2185C9999 4 UK, 37 EU
Geox Women's D Newflower A Black Ballet D32Y9A2185C9999 4 UK, 37 EU

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful shoe, lightweight, soft and very stylish. But too small!, 11 Sep 2013
I ordered this shoe in size 4 having previously tried another Geox shoe in size 5 which was too big. Sadly, the size 4 in the black ballet shoe is too small and I will have to return it. I am very sad that Geox don't make their shoes in half sizes (along with most other shoe makers). This is a real shame as the quality and styles of Geox footwear is great.

Dualit 26205 2 Slot Lite Toaster in Black Gloss Finish
Dualit 26205 2 Slot Lite Toaster in Black Gloss Finish
Price: 56.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking stylish toaster which is not too cumbersome, 24 Aug 2013
Only 3 stars as I find the toaster as unpredictable as many others. The control knob took some getting used to and I burned quite a few slices at first - needed to keep the dial on low numbers to avoid my smoke detector going off each time. The promotional information is somewhat misleading talking about the unique heating elements - they will only be in the larger classic toasters. The ones in the Lite toaster look and behave like those in any other toasters. However, if you are a slave to design and love your kitchen then do buy this toaster, it works well most of the time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2014 7:17 PM BST

Dualit 00510 sandwich cage for Dualit lite toaster
Dualit 00510 sandwich cage for Dualit lite toaster
Price: 10.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for toasted sandwhiches, not too expensive and fits well into the dualit toaster, 24 Aug 2013
I haven't actually used the sandwich cage yet (hence the 3 stars) so can't comment on its performance though it looks good and really does fit the Dualit toaster which I bought at the same time. Feel sure I will use it more in the colder weather.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2013 10:33 PM GMT

Rockport Women's Yezenia Bow Tie Slip On Warm Grey/Golden Rod Comfort K62435 5 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely lightweight summer shoe which goes with everything, 24 Aug 2013
Great shoes for the summer, looking good worn with casual or classic clothes. I haven't worn them very much but so far they are very comfortable, well made and good value. I have only started buying Rockport shoes this year and now have 3 other styles, all very good.

Roger Vivier
Roger Vivier
by Virginie Mouzat
Price: 40.06

4.0 out of 5 stars If you love beautiful footwear, this is the book for you., 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: Roger Vivier (Hardcover)
I bought this book after reading an article about Roger Vivier, the inventor of the stiletto heel. Have loved shoes since I could walk, so I had to buy it and have spent many hours drooling over the beautiful shoes. It's full of fabulous photos of wonderful shoes and boots especially from the 50s and 60s which is my favourite era.

The design of the book is first class though the book itself is rather heavy - hence the 4 stars rather than 5
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2014 7:18 PM BST

Dualit 46205 4 Slot Lite Toaster in Black Finish
Dualit 46205 4 Slot Lite Toaster in Black Finish
Price: 78.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking but I bought the wrong size toaster, 31 May 2013
I meant to order the 2 slice toaster but by mistake ordered the four slice which is really big. My kitchen is quite small with restricted worktop so toaster had to be returned. I then had to work out how I would get the huge box back via Royal Mail - we have only Post offices within shops in Uxbridge. This is an important consideration when returning large items to Amazon. However the toaster looked good in black and chrome.

Rockport Laura Sneaker Women's Trainers Winter White K56193 5 UK
Rockport Laura Sneaker Women's Trainers Winter White K56193 5 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking shoe, lightweight and looks like an upmarket plimsole on, better than the picture., 31 May 2013
These shoes look good and fit well, The style is nice with crops or trousers and they are machine washable - useful for all white shoes! The problem I have with them is the front strap just below the laces - there is a ridge inside the shoe which rubs on toes if wearing these shoes with bare feet. The strap looks as if it will easy the width but it doesn't. Fine for general walking and wear but not comfortable for longer walks. Overall though I'm pleased with them.

Page: 1 | 2