Profile for JamalShafik > Reviews

Content by JamalShafik

JamalShafik

Poetic Palette SLIM Premium Hard Case for HTC One M7 BLACK (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)
Offered by Smart Shop Online
Price: 12.95

1.0 out of 5 stars It didn't last!, 4 Jan 2014
I bought this product with the idea that the price will justify the quality, and should last me a long time. Instead, what I found just a day after purchase, was a layer of film peeling away from the corners of the case, revealing the plastic underneath. For over 10, I was initially expecting a more durable material to plastic, perhaps a more sturdy metal backing. I wasn't expecting the outer material (the thing which makes the case look good) to peel away within hours of use. Just a couple of weeks from purchase, and I now have a completely bare plastic casing with small but noticeable dints and scratches across it; the thinner piece of plastic from around the volume jack has now also snapped away.
This wear and tear cannot be from general use of the phone - I take excellent care of phones, and being at work most of the time, it has barely left my pocket. I'm therefore concerned that, in another couple of weeks, will I have to buy another case? Sure, the plastic casing is still going to protect my phone somewhat, but not from drops or hard knocks, if a piece has already snapped away when changing the volume.
The price does not match the quality whatsoever.