Profile for Arthur J. Carnie > Reviews

Content by Arthur J. Carnie

Arthur J. Carnie

2.7-Inch TFT DUAL CAMERA CAR DVR GPS LOGGER G-SENSOR VEHICLE SYNCHRONOUS RECORDER
Offered by KINGSFAITH

3.0 out of 5 stars When it works it's fine, 23 Sep 2013
When it works, for the price it's fine. Easy to set up and picture quality good (daytime). Night time OK but could be better. However mine failed after four months and I have to send it back to CHINA for this Market Place seller!

TP-Link TL-WA830RE 300Mbps Wireless N Range Extender
TP-Link TL-WA830RE 300Mbps Wireless N Range Extender
Offered by wlan-discount24

5.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Adapter put right, 24 Feb 2012
Like others who have reviewed, mine too came with a 2-PIN continental mains adapter! I've sent an e-mail requesting replacement (fortunately I have a 2-PIN adapter I use for my electric toothbrushes so I can actually use the extender)

As to my view on the product itslelf - I currently have a Belkin Modem Router that sits in a cupboard in our small bedroom - not the best place but it's next to my NAS and conected printer! Consequently wifi reception in the conservatory and garden could be a tad flakey! The Range Extender does what it says on the tin - reception has improved - using inSSIDer my RSSI score has gone from -70 in the consevatory to -35 with no dropping off!

If the correct adapter had been sent I would rate this 5*, however until the replacement arrives I can onlly score it 3*

Update - Amazon gave me a credit - more than enough to purchase a 2-PIN adapter (again from Amazon) So now 5*

I've been experimenting with location and am getting better results!

Philips NP1100/05 Network Music Player with Wireless Music Streaming, Internet Radio and Digital Sound Output

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 16 Sep 2010
Pretty simple to set up, firmware took some time to update, and inputting my wirelsess password took a few attempts - but once that was sorted it quickly found my NAS - so I was listening to my audio collection with 20 minutes! Using the digital co-axial connection - the sound is great through my rather ancient hi-fi.
I had been using my net-book as a streaming device, but that was prone to buffering problems, the device overcomes this.
The internet radio function is a bonus
All this for less than £50!
Great value for money

Veho VSS-002w Mimi Qube 2.4 GHz WiFi Speaker System Including Transmitting Dongle

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the Albert Hall, but, 19 Feb 2010
Worked straight out of the box, bought it for my partner who listens to Radio 4 BBC iplayer, she used to listen directly from her lap top - an old IBMx31 - sound was appalling! But with the Qcube - what a difference!!! The sound is great, not up to full size speakers, but pretty damm good nevertheless. Range is good - works in all rooms of the house and at the bottom of the garden. Not tested the life of the batteries (they say 8 hours?)

All in all, an excellent product