Profile for NickB > Reviews

Take The Crown
Take The Crown
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Back with a Classic Bang, 18 Nov 2012
This review is from: Take The Crown (MP3 Download)
Hit play, sit back, and get taken on a journey through classic Robbie Williams back to his absolute best. Yes, 'Candy' may come across with a 'novelty' feel to it but it's a fine line between 'novelty' and 'catchy' and this track is ultimately catchy. No such potential confusion with the rest of the album however where the winning Roobie formula of great lyrics and anthemic tunes keep you listening over and over again. 'Different', 'Hunting for You', 'Into the Silence' are all crackers with the feel of early Robbie and it's great to hear an alubm where the second half stands up to the first. Brilliant stuff - gutted that I didn't manage to get tickets to see the man live!

Write It On Your Skin (Deluxe Edition) [+video]
Write It On Your Skin (Deluxe Edition) [+video]
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow wow WOW!! Brilliant, 18 Nov 2012
Please buy this album. The songs on this album cement Newton Faulkners place as on of THE artists of the present time. I'm not normally one to gush in this somewhat girly manner but every now and again an album comes along that stops you in your tracks with great songs one after the other excuted with soul, passion and breathtaking craftmanship and you can't help but want to shout about it. There isn't a single song on this album that I don't enjoy from the brilliantly uplifting Clouds (my favourite song of the year) to the heart pulling Pick Up Your Broken Heart to the driving Soon. Simply a brilliant and inspiring album.

The Fire
The Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow burner but well worth the wait, 18 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Fire (MP3 Download)
I'm sure I'm one of many who are surprised by Matt's comparative lack of commercial success following his x Factor win. I was looking forward to his second album but on first play was a little under-whelmed. I think this is partly because there are a couple of weaker tracks on the album including, for me, It's Only Love which although a bit of 'a grower' isn't the strongest track for a first album single.However, two plays later and I was firmly converted. His voice is as breathtaking as ever particularly in tracks like All that Matters, Lately and the title track The Fire. So five stars for an album where a couple of the tracks aren't quite up to scratch but where the rest show off Matt's amazing talent - it will be a travesty if he doesn't get the success he deserves!

LG M197WDP-PC 19 inch LCD Monitor with TV Tuner 1000:1 300cdm/2 1366 x 768 5ms HDMI

3.0 out of 5 stars Is it as good as it Sounds?, 19 Oct 2009
I ordered this product to use as a TV in our kitchen. The picture is actually very good however the sound is really disappointing - very 'tinny' with no depth. I'm sure it would be great with some external speakers attached, and I guess, after all it is a monitor - something I managed to overlook when I bought it! If you want a TV I would suggest buy something else - if you can fit spearkers to it then this is okay. I've also wallmounted it however I can't get the base/stem out of the monitor and there's nothing in the 'manual' to help and the online response from LG wasn't helpful either.