Profile for Andy > Reviews

Content by Andy

Andy "Andy" (west mids england)

Pearl Izumi Men's Fly Relaxed Tight
Pearl Izumi Men's Fly Relaxed Tight

4.0 out of 5 stars 1 pocket bad 3 good, 10 May 2015
super nice but would be perfect with side pockets.

Arkeology
Arkeology

4.0 out of 5 stars selling what I said? Sell your miiiiiiiiiiind, 14 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Arkeology (Audio CD)
If you like World Party buy this box set or should I say Diary. 5 CDs over 80 tracks some filler but plenty of killer. Great cover versions of Lucille, Like a Rolling Stone, Dear Prudence and Stand
My new favourite track and at my age I don't here much that moves me is on Disc 4 track one , ' BREAK ME AGAIN' a 9 minute rolling groove I can't stop playing, Why? at 5 minutes 4 seconds Karl sings , 'Till you walked in the room and you gave me all that ... about selling , Selling what I said? Sell your mind'
All the singles are hear to most as live tracks.
Roll on the 7 disc Waterboys , Fishermans' Blues Box Set.

Black Leather Xylo-Pouch Case Cover with Pull Up Cord: for the LG Nexus 4 E960 & Optimus G Mobile Phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Case to tight to mention, 15 Feb. 2013
If you want a snug tight fit this is the case for you. However when your phone rings good luck on getting it out smoothly. The other reviews are a mixture of good and bad so perhaps I got a Case from the the Friday afternoon bad batch. For the price I am to embarrassed to ask for a refund............ Hey Ho let's see if I have something else in the house that fits this case.......

Heart Still Beating (Live)
Heart Still Beating (Live)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the Roxy I like, 31 Oct. 2012
Nothing to hear here move on please........... What did you always get with a Roxy album , a nice Cover but this was a nod to modern times methinks. For completists only.

Flying Lizards / Fourth Wall
Flying Lizards / Fourth Wall
Offered by Fulfillment Express

2.0 out of 5 stars I was hoping for more..........., 31 Oct. 2012
Glad I purchased this CD but disappointed with the non singles tracks. My favorite track is TV and the extended mix of TV called Tube but even TV slightly disappoints when the male vocal kicks in and then goes on to imitate a trumpet reminds me of Monty Phyton but the intro and femail vocal for me is SUBLIME........ "So sophisticated charming and educated".If you were around in the 80,s and liked the band buy this CD. Listening to this CD makes me think sometimes a band needs to be told 'No don't do it that way you`ll never sell any records. The singles are good and there are some good ideas but yes dissapointed overall. Just reminds me how good and consistant some of my favorite bands are... The Doors,Dexys,House of Love ,Bunnymen I could go on...........For the price buy it.

The Only Ones - Live At Shepherds Bush [2007] [DVD] [2008]
The Only Ones - Live At Shepherds Bush [2007] [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Only Ones

4.0 out of 5 stars Those were different times....., 14 Oct. 2011
I never saw the band in the late 70's/80's but would recommend this DVD to anyone who is a fan.For me one of the finest bands of the post punk period.Pete was great but without John Perrys' guitar might have been just another band.On this DVD the energy is missing but that is to be expected Mike Kellie on drums must be in his mid 60's perhaps? how old the rest of the band is I could not say. The musicianship is great and if you never saw them back in the day buy this DVD now.

THE LAST EURO TOUR
THE LAST EURO TOUR
Offered by jim-exselecky

3.0 out of 5 stars Live ! If You Want It., 14 Oct. 2011
This review is from: THE LAST EURO TOUR (Audio CD)
First can I say I'm a massive SPIRIT fan, in paticular 'The 12 Dreams Of Doctor Sardonicus.
However I would say for me this is an album with more filler than killer. But a bonus for me is the two Dylan covers.An album that is too based in Rock/blues for me ,in my opinion like all bands who have been together for awhile when they play live they lose their energy and sound like a Las Vegas lounge act.Another band I like 'The Only Ones' who reformed a few years ago are a case in point.Finally if your a fan buy it because its a 2 disc set and you'll here a few good tracks and proof what a great guitarist Randy was ..... RIP.

A Maze of Death (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
A Maze of Death (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
by Philip K. Dick

5.0 out of 5 stars A transmission from the future, 29 Jan. 2011
If you like sci fi or you like Philip K Dick this book.

A beautiful/sad story stayed with me ever since I read it all those years ago........