Profile for Sean Sutton > Reviews

Content by Sean Sutton

Sean Sutton

Invicta Pro Diver Men's Automatic Watch with Black Dial  Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet 8926
Invicta Pro Diver Men's Automatic Watch with Black Dial Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet 8926
Offered by Kingdom Central Depot
Price: 70.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad timing, 21 Jun 2011
Having researched several of Invicta's watches, I finally settled on the the 8926 Automatic. I purchased it on 24th February 2011 and it arrived promptly thereafter. My new Invicta watch certainly looked the part, so I paid a watch repairer a fiver to alter the bracelet, rather than do it myself. Even though it's an automatic, I was surprised a few weeks later when it stopped two hours after I took it off for the first time. It started up again when I put the watch back on. But on June 14th the watch stopped completely while it was still on my wrist. The market place seller would not take care of the problem, nor provide a refund or a replacement. And Amazon are not able to help after 60 days from the date of purchase. To have my three-month-old watch repaired under warranty I have to return it to Invicta HQ in Florida, USA, with a foreign draft for $25 for return postage. The charge for a foreign draft is around 20. So returning the watch to Invicta for repair is going to cost me over 40 by the time I have paid for registered postage. To add insult to injury, this watch was my engagment present from my fiancee. My advice? If you're spending a reasonable sum on a watch, buy it from a shop. Then you stand a better chance of being covered by the Sale of Goods Act.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2014 11:44 PM GMT