Profile for Carl Hills > Reviews

Content by Carl Hills

Carl Hills

The Allergy-Free Baby and Toddler Book: The definitive guide to managing your child's food allergy
by Charlotte Muquit

5.0 out of 5 stars The must have book for people dealing with childhood allergies, 20 May 2014
This book is a very comprehensive resource for any parents dealing with the difficulties and stress of having a child with food allergies. It covers all areas from diagnosis to day to day living and also gives you the medical explanations surrounding allergies. There are charts and food diary examples, a resource section to help make life easier. The recipes are great and simple. Even though it is called "The Allergy Free Baby and Toddler Book" it is still very useful for me and my family with the allergic child now being 5. I highly recommend this book.

Sow And Grow Monster Plants
Sow And Grow Monster Plants

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 19 April 2013
We was given this as a gift and we did a little better than the other reviewer. Only one of the seeded pots didn't grow seedlings. I have lots of little snapdragon seedlings and a lovely moving plant growing its proper leaves now.

Budkins Budkins Pirate Triple Set
Budkins Budkins Pirate Triple Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 5 Jan. 2013
These are fab and my son loves them! If the bucket was better attached it would be better as it is already lost. Admittedly my so doesn't seem to mind as he loves them so much!

The Intolerant Gourmet: Delicious Allergy-friendly Home Cooking for Everyone
The Intolerant Gourmet: Delicious Allergy-friendly Home Cooking for Everyone
by Pippa Kendrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book for anyone allergies, intolerances or not!, 30 Mar. 2012
I love this book, it is worth it's money alone just for the lasagna recipe (specifically the white sauce recipe) so so delicious my husband went back for thirds! I have a son with multiple food allergies and it is refreshing to be able to have fantastic and delicious meals for the whole family to enjoy and so far every recipe I have tried has been liked by us all. I have recommended this book to all my family and friends because I know allergy or not that they will love the recipes which are predominately healthy as well as tasty. I like the fact that the book has also got me using some ingredients that I usually don't know what to do with like fennel and aubergine. Fantastic and I look forward to any further books Pippa Kendrick may bring out!