Profile for S. Berry > Reviews

Content by S. Berry

S. Berry "Steve Berry" (Carlisle)

Kingston 8GB Micro SD Memory Card for Garmin Nuvi 30 40 42 50 52 54 2455LT 2445LMT 2407 2507 2360LT 2460LT 2415LT 2415LM 2445 2455 2455LMT 2475LT 2495LMT 2515 2515LT 2545 2545LMT 2585TV 2595LMT 3490LT 3490LMT 3540LT 3590LMT 3710 3790T 2567LMT 42LM 52LM 44LM 54LM 2417LM 2447LM 2467LM 2497LM 2448LMT-DIGITAL 2517LM 2547LM 2567LM 2597LM 2577LT 2447LMT 2497LMT 2547LMT 2597LMT 2557LMT 2797LMT 3597LMT 2408LT-D 2508LT-D 3598LMT-D 2598LMT-D 2548LMT-D GPS With SD Adapter By UkMobileAccessories
Offered by DigiBits

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this product - it doesn't work., 6 May 2015
The product is a tiny memory card with an adaptor for an SD slot and another for a USB slot. The adaptor for the SD slot works OK but my PC can't read it card. The adaptor for the USB slot is totally useless; the card doesn't fit into the adaptor properly, it simply drops straight out. With the card in a Garmin nuvi (2497 in my case), the satnav doesn't recognise the additional memory so nothing can be saved onto the card. All in all, it is a complete waste of time and money. Does anyone know if there is any magic trick to get these to work. Unfortunately there are no instructions with the memory card and the guidance from Garmin is no help either.

Sun Shade Visor Screen For Garmin Nuvi 2598LMT-D 2597LMT 2597LM Sat Nav GPS
Sun Shade Visor Screen For Garmin Nuvi 2598LMT-D 2597LMT 2597LM Sat Nav GPS
Offered by Digital Accessories Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Here's One I Made Earlier, 30 April 2015
This is absolute garbage. The cardboard box it came in would do as good a job. Save yourself the few quid it costs and make one yourself out of toilet paper. It will probably work better. To suggest it is designed for a Garmin Nuvi is stretching credulity beyond outrageous levels.

Falling Freely, As If In A Dream: (The Story of a Crime 3)
Falling Freely, As If In A Dream: (The Story of a Crime 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars Falling Asleep, As If In A Coma, 4 Mar. 2015
If you have finished counting the number of bricks in your house, if you have trimmed your lawn with nail scissors, if you really have nothing else to do, try reading this book. The basic premise is utterly implausible, the characters are wooden and two-dimensional, and the style is rambling, lacking in pace and utterly tedious. It is rare that I fail to finish a book but the prospect of 600 pages of such drivel was more than I could bear. Unless your expectations are extremely limited, don't bother starting this book.

Perfidia
Perfidia
by James Ellroy

3.0 out of 5 stars Less is More, 4 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Perfidia (Hardcover)
I agree with Night nurse's comment. This book is.like reading something in a foreign language. I began by trying to translate each sentence but eventually decided to let it wash over me and pick out the bones. There is an awful lot of padding, and the periodic recapping fills in some of the gaps. Ultimately this story could have been slimmed down by at least a half, and I feel it would have been a much more satisfying book as a result.

BT Xenon 1500 DECT Digital Cordless Phone with Digital Answering Machine & Caller Display - Trio
Offered by Barton-Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Expected, 30 Jan. 2015
We bought this to weed out nuisance calls as we were getting up to ten a day. The display highlights unfamiliar numbers or shows where the number has been withheld, so we can ignore unwanted calls. There are three handsets but only the base unit needs to be connected to the landline - the other sets just need to be plugged in to the mains, so there is greater flexibility about location. So far, it has proved very successful.

The New Republic
The New Republic
by Lionel Shriver

2.0 out of 5 stars A Poor Effort, 10 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The New Republic (Paperback)
At first I thought this was Shriver trying, and failing, to be Tom Wolfe. I was wrong...it's nowhere near as good as that. Page after page of hot air gets tedious after a while. If you haven't read it yet, I wouldn't bother.

Collins English to French (One Way) Dictionary & Grammar (Collins Dictionary and Grammar)

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money on this rubbish., 22 Jan. 2014
I'm not sure what publication reviewers who awarded five stars were looking at; surely not the English-French one listed here. It is English to French only and is set out in a rather unusual fashion. Probably one might get used to it but I will not because I will never use it. I need a proper two way dictionary, not English to French only. Totally useless!

Parisians: An Adventure History of Paris
Parisians: An Adventure History of Paris

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner from Robb, 24 Nov. 2013
I haven't read the full book yet but what I have read shows that Graham Robb has produced another excellent book.

My Name is Red
My Name is Red
by Orhan Pamuk

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad Enough to Throw Across the Room, 18 Nov. 2010
This review is from: My Name is Red (Paperback)
I can sympathise with Marion Pennington who said she threw the book across the room in frustration. I didn't find it aroused quite the same emotion but it is a rare book that I have not managed to finish, despite attempting to on two separate occasions. Perhaps it is not a book for the beach. I did once throw Malcolm Bradbury's "To the Hermitage" out of the window with irritation, and the only other book I threw through a window was a book on the economics of taxation. Unfortunately the window was closed at the time.

I am tempted by Pamuk's 2010 book The Museum of Innocence. Lets hope I get on better with that.

The Rider
The Rider
by Tim Krabbe

5.0 out of 5 stars How it Should be Done, 2 Dec. 2009
This review is from: The Rider (Paperback)
I read this book a long time ago but it remains in my mind as one of the best books about how it feels to ride a bike. Cyclists will recognise this instantly when they start to read this wonderful little book, but from the reviews, clearly it works on other levels as well. I'd also recommend Matt Seaton's book "The Escape Artist".